Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:41:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Arabian Nights- A Trudeau Election Story

Started by Urinal Cake, September 19, 2019, 01:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urinal Cake

QuoteEarlier this month, TIME obtained a copy of the yearbook, The View, with the photograph of Trudeau in brownface from Vancouver businessman Michael Adamson, who was part of the West Point Grey Academy community.
https://time.com/5680759/justin-trudeau-brownface-photo/

2001. It'll be amazing if he resigns because of this and not his earlier 'go easy on bribery' scandal.

imitationleather

bgmnts

The lack of other costumes in this picture makes it look even worse.

H-O-W-L

I just got a flashback to Curry and Chips.

Ferris

Dull opinion - Trudeau will still hold enough seats for a second term. Maritimes will stay liberal, provincial conservatives making an unholy mess of Ontario means the 905 will vote liberal, and everyone out west will vote for whichever current wacky party promises to make oil rain out of the sky.

He might lose a few seats in BC and Nova Scotia, but basically he's a shoo-in, even with this. This is the era of trump, we'll all have forgotten about this in 2 weeks. Election is in October which is basically 2056 in political terms.

Urinal Cake

I thought the election was closer that that. I just see Trudeau grovelling a lot and putting a lot of money into areas/projects that involve minorities.

Ferris

Quote from: Urinal Cake on September 19, 2019, 02:47:24 AM
I thought the election was closer that that. I just see Trudeau grovelling a lot and putting a lot of money into areas/projects that involve minorities.

That's a bit of a misnomer (from my downtown metro Toronto experience, such as it is) - it's how he's presented on reddit or conservative media, but most people vaguely like him and we can smoke legal dope and our taxes have stayed pretty low. He's far from perfect, but the alternatives are Scheer or Singh, and neither of them seem to have their shit together.

Being vaguely likeable and not having any huge disasters is probably enough. This might cost him votes in certain bits of the horseshoe, but not enough to swing an election, and it won't drive people to Scheer/Singh.

Flatulent Fox

He's stolen the show with a T themed fancy dress - and pulled the birds.

The devil is truly in the detail.
I'll away back to my cheese and Vodka and worrying about this impending Granite problem.

Can't he just say '"nobody was arsed then but now I understand people would be upset about this which is why I wouldn't do it."

hamfist

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If anyone has the clip from the same evening where he announces to the audience that 'I am the apex of rape culture', he's buggered.

dallasman

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 19, 2019, 07:45:25 AM
If anyone has the clip from the same evening where he announces to the audience that 'I am the apex of rape culture', he's buggered.

That's good, isn't it? They probably won't show the whole thing on TV, but in the end, he's identifying with the victims.

This is my 1001th post, btw. Thought of making a clean break at an even thou, but "I am the apex" put a smile on my face, and the thread topic seemed too numerically appropriate to pass up.

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 19, 2019, 02:52:15 AM
That's a bit of a misnomer (from my downtown metro Toronto experience, such as it is) - it's how he's presented on reddit or conservative media, but most people vaguely like him and we can smoke legal dope and our taxes have stayed pretty low. He's far from perfect, but the alternatives are Scheer or Singh, and neither of them seem to have their shit together.

Being vaguely likeable and not having any huge disasters is probably enough. This might cost him votes in certain bits of the horseshoe, but not enough to swing an election, and it won't drive people to Scheer/Singh.

I know lots of Canada is very rural, but do they really give the vote to horses? Did they get the idea when they met Emily Davison?

Alberon

If he'd done it in 1971 (though admittedly he'd need a time machine) it'd be easier to brush it off, but in the 21st  Century?

What a twat.

Jockice

One of my best mates, who now has a decent job with the Home Office and is currently based in Barbados, went to a school fancy dress thing when he was in the sixth form (1983-4) as Idi Amin. He's white. We went to different schools and I didn't know him then but he has shown me the photo. Along with the one of when he was going out with a certain TV presenter who is now apparently a lot younger than him.

I keep urging him to use the picture (the first one) as his Facebook profile photo but he's not having it. No sense of fun some people.

Incidentally, there is a photo of me in my 20s at a fancy dress party with a dark bob wig and fully made up. I'd turned up wearing no fancy dress at all but a couple of the girls there decided to make the effort for me. I really enjoyed the getting made-up bit (yes, in an erotic way) and I have to admit I looked not bad as a woman. I was wearing a baggy white shirt that might as well have been a blouse, so I could have passed, even in Graham Linehan's eyes. If I still had that photo it would definitely have been have been used as my profile pic. Possibly permanently.

Butchers Blind

Buelligan

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 19, 2019, 02:52:15 AM

Singh's lovely though isn't he?  I don't know, I'm afraid I don't follow Canadian politics, but he seems pretty good.  Is there something wrong with him?

Cuellar

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on September 19, 2019, 11:52:09 AM
One of my best mates, who now has a decent job with the Home Office and is currently based in Barbados, went to a school fancy dress thing when he was in the sixth form (1983-4) as Idi Amin. He's white. We went to different schools and I didn't know him then but he has shown me the photo. Along with the one of when he was going out with a certain TV presenter who is now apparently a lot younger than him.

I keep urging him to use the picture (the first one) as his Facebook profile photo but he's not having it. No sense of fun some people.

Incidentally, there is a photo of me in my 20s at a fancy dress party with a dark bob wig and fully made up. I'd turned up wearing no fancy dress at all but a couple of the girls there decided to make the effort for me. I really enjoyed the getting made-up bit (yes, in an erotic way) and I have to admit I looked not bad as a woman. I was wearing a baggy white shirt that might as well have been a blouse, so I could have passed, even in Graham Linehan's eyes. If I still had that photo it would definitely have been have been used as my profile pic. Possibly permanently.

Incidentally (again) this is the same party when just after I'd arrived a young lady came up to me, pointed at my crutches and went: "Oh great, you've come as a cripple...'

Alberon

The Guardian is reporting a third case of blackface from Trudeau. Once is a mistake, twice is problematic, three times starts looking habitual.

imitationleather

Maybe he's actually black and he started whiting up to get ahead in politics?

jobotic

Quote from: Alberon on September 19, 2019, 04:05:24 PM
The Guardian is reporting a third case of blackface from Trudeau. Once is a mistake, twice is problematic, three times starts looking habitual.

Four times and it's looking custodial.

the most vociferously woke always end up being the biggest twats

hamfist

If he had Dom Cummings as his advisor, he would be told to go on national TV in full blackface and a cocktail dress, and tell everyone that he identifies as a black woman, and that the press has cruelly outed him and that from now on they have to call him Justine.

I say this as a man with (artificially black) skin in the game.

I was cruelly reminded by my brother today that apparently as a child (and I have genuinely blacked blanked this out), I once made a rasta wig out of wool and a trucker cap, then blacked myself up with christ knows what, and stood in the living room in an attempt to confuse my mother into thinking we had a visitor. I told him it must be the Mandela effect, but he said my look was more Marley than Mandela.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on September 19, 2019, 05:34:19 PM
the most vociferously woke always end up being the biggest twats

Not really Paul, for example you're not even a bit woke.

Ferris

Here's the big one - why do all politicians do this? Is it a prerequisite?

Garam

He sang 'Day O' at a talent show while in blackface. Too funny.

His dad is on the Canadian currency, what the fuck was he thinking?

Urinal Cake

It's just because he appreciates and loves other cultures so much he colours up.

idunnosomename

Boom boody-boom boody-boom boody-boom
Boody-boom boody-boom boody-boom-boom-boom

Come mister tally man tally me banana
Daylight come and me wanna go home