Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:53:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Arabian Nights- A Trudeau Election Story

Started by Urinal Cake, September 19, 2019, 01:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Can anybody refute reports that, as Trudeau made his statement about the black-face incidents, he pulled the edges of his eyes taught and mixed up his L's and R's?

Are there any explanations for the small, surprisingly square patch of dirt seen on a window of his Sussex Drive prime-ministerial residence?

Captain Z

Quote from: Jockice on September 19, 2019, 11:52:09 AM
Along with the one of when he was going out with a certain TV presenter who is now apparently a lot younger than him.

Were they the same age when they started going out?

Ferris

Quote from: Urinal Cake on September 20, 2019, 02:53:58 AM
I am waiting for Trump to troll him.

I think the fact that Melania is obviously far more attracted to Trudeau than trump (as is amusingly documented in every photo of them together) means trump will stay out of this.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 20, 2019, 03:27:02 AM
I think the fact that Melania is obviously far more attracted to Trudeau than trump (as is amusingly documented in every photo of them together) means trump will stay out of this.
Trudeau became more conciliatory towards Trump but Trump might decide to back a 'winner' in Scheer.  Trump doesn't care about Melania.

Jockice

Feargal Sharkey apparently once sang at a school concert in blackface. Just imagine that.

Bazooka

The photo is black and white, impossible to tell.

Jockice

Quote from: Captain Z on September 20, 2019, 01:08:10 AM
Were they the same age when they started going out?

Younger apparently but not by that much. They split up when he went off to university by which time she'd (allegedly) given him his first taste of a certain experience. Or to be precise she had a taste of him. Legally apparently. Nowadays according to Wikipedia she's five years younger than him.

I wonder if they did it while he was dressed as Idi.

Quote from: Urinal Cake on September 20, 2019, 12:24:37 AM
It's just because he appreciates and loves other cultures so much he colours up.

please use the right terminology, it's called skin-darkening when wokelords do it

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on September 20, 2019, 08:44:31 AM
Feargal Sharkey apparently once sang at a school concert in blackface. Just imagine that.

Sorry. That had racist undertones.

Cuellar

If Canada doesn't work out for him he could make quite a good career in the Netherlands

Paul Calf

Ferris

A couple of belters here

This headline from CBC: "Trudeau apologizes again, says he can't remember exact number of blackface incidents"

And this from some local newspaper in Saskatoon

QuoteChallenged [by a member of the public] to round the number of times he has worn blackface "to the nearest five," Trudeau again declined to provide a specific figure and instead said he did not want to make light of the situation as far too many people face discrimination every day.

This might be a bigger deal than I initially thought. He's obviously not a racist, but he's clearly very dim. What a fucking wally.

sponk

Did you hear the Canadian Prime Minister got into trouble when a picture of him in blackface was released?

Is that Trudeau?

Yes, it is true.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 20, 2019, 04:03:19 PM
A couple of belters here

This headline from CBC: "Trudeau apologizes again, says he can't remember exact number of blackface incidents"

And this from some local newspaper in Saskatoon

This might be a bigger deal than I initially thought. He's obviously not a racist, but he's clearly very dim. What a fucking wally.

Jesus wept.

What's even more frightening is that this can't even be passed off to being a tasteless, stupid cunt as a teenager at a frat party.  He was a 29-year-old schoolteacher.  In 2001.  I don't believe for a second that there were grown adults in 2001 who were not aware this was fucking racist.  Even racists knew it was racist - they just think it is harmless racism.

Alberon

It's not like wearing blackface is an unavoidable accident. It takes planning and forethought to be that racially offensive.

He's probably not much of a racist, though, just very very dim. Hopefully, Canada hasn't been engulfed by the madness gripping the fading democracies of the US and UK and will fire him at the first opportunity.

José

he didn't even paint his lips white or do jazz hands and say "mammy". 2/10

Alberon

That one will probably come out over the weekend.

José

Quote from: Alberon on September 20, 2019, 05:48:34 PM
That one will probably come out over the weekend.

it was a different time ok? barbie girl was in the charts and jnco pants were deemed acceptable. it was a mad world (gary jules version).

Quote from: José on September 20, 2019, 05:43:46 PM
he didn't even paint his lips white or do jazz hands and say "mammy". 2/10

Is it okay for a white person to sing Jolson, if they don't black up?  What about a real black man singing his stuff?

José

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on September 20, 2019, 06:14:31 PM
Is it okay for a white person to sing Jolson, if they don't black up?  What about a real black man singing his stuff?

what if it's zwarte piet huh? what if it's a dickensian chimneysweep? what if it's a white man who took too much colloidal silver and he's singing eifel 65? what then huh?!?!

Are the Rolling Stones racist for ripping  black music in a American accent?

Alberon

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 20, 2019, 06:30:56 PM

Oh no, that's fine.

mothman

Christ, I once dressed up as a Klingon, that's my hopes for high office dashed.

jobotic

I can't promise that more photos won't come out.

Really? I can.

Norton Canes

Quote from: sponk on September 20, 2019, 04:16:58 PM
Did you hear the Canadian Prime Minister got into trouble when a picture of him in blackface was released?

Is that Trudeau?

Yes, it is true.

Just in? Etc.

Ferris

Punchline is a bit too telegraphed for me. I'd go with:

Did you hear the allegations about the Canadian prime minister's blackface allegations?

Trudeau?

Yes, he admitted it.

massive bereavement

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 20, 2019, 06:30:56 PM

Other than UB40 doing to the race reversal video in 1980, Grace Slick is the only other rock star I can think of who blacked up. There must be others.