Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:58:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Defending The Guilty

Started by Mobius, September 19, 2019, 04:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

New comedy, was on BBC the other day

Set in and around courtrooms. Has Katherine Parkinson in and a bunch of people I don't recognise.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/sep/17/defending-the-guilty-review-a-cross-between-the-thick-of-it-and-this-life

Was alright, some funny bits. Worth checking out I suppose.

Cheers bye.

Virgo76

I enjoyed the pilot but had forgotten it was on this week. Will watch it on the iPlayer.
It has the guy from Flowers in although you can be excused for not identifying him from that.
A cross between The Thick of It and This Life? (The Guardian). Er...not really.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Virgo76

Oh. The first one was the pilot again

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Virgo76 on September 19, 2019, 06:58:07 AM
A cross between The Thick of It and This Life? (The Guardian). Er...not really.

Exactly, what a bizarre comparison.

Anyway, there was nothing in the pilot to encourage me to watch this again. I'm so bored of sweet young bumbling blokes getting into oh so embarrassing scrapes. It does, I suppose, grant some insight into the inner workings of the criminal justice system, but so did Silk and that, a drama, was more entertaining than this.

Still, it was nice hearing Belle & Sebastian on the soundtrack.

I will say this, though. Katherine Parkinson is an unusual actor, isn't she? I don't think she's bad as such, it's just that she always seems to be performing at half-speed. Her default setting is tired and jaded, which admittedly suits the character she's playing in this.

Gurke and Hare

I enjoyed the book of the same name on which it's presumably based, but it didn't strike me as sitcom material when I was reading it.