Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:04:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mark Ronson says: No Stupid Chicks

Started by sevendaughters, September 19, 2019, 06:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

I think my retina just jumped out of my socket and headed for the hills.

QuoteProducer Mark Robson has always seemed a little queer, right? Now we know why, as the musician has confirmed that he identifies as sapiosexual.

On Thursday, the frequent Lady Gaga collaborator appeared on Good Morning Britain to chat about his album Late Night Feelings. Earlier in the show, the hosts had taken the piss at French equality minister Marlene Schiappa, who identifies as sapiosexual. British journalist Nichi Hodgson dropped by  to explain what the identifier means.

"The definition means intelligence first then attraction," she said. "I date men and women and identify as bisexual, and I realised the thing that linked all people that I have dated has been their brains."

"We know a certain percentage of the population is sapiosexual," she added. "It's always existed, we just didn't have a word for it."

Ronson, who recently divorced French actress Joséphine de La Baume, got involved in a debate about the term backstage and let producers know he also identified as sapiosexual, which the hosts asked him about during his interview. "Now we know you are single, and Mark has got very involved in our debate backstage," said host Kate Harraway, before asking Ronson if he was "identifying as a man who likes intellect?"

Ronson agreed and said he hadn't known there was a term for how he experienced sexuality. "We were all arguing backstage in the dressing room," he continued "With a couple of your producers. And yes, I feel like I am identifying as sapiosexual." Host Ben Shephard congratulated Ronson on "coming out as sapiosexual." He said, "Out and proud on Good Morning Britain."

https://www.out.com/film/2019/9/19/mark-ronson-just-came-out-sapiosexual

THESIS: this is not a thing and can get in grave.

madhair60

None of them are. It's all fake. Just everyone trying to get attention. I don't see why we can't all just fuck the wall and the floor like I do.

NJ Uncut

Counterpoint: it's at least a sub-thing

Though it might just be using words for, yknow, really obvious stuff. You don't fancy someone who annoys the shit out of you with their stupidity? That's no kink!

Pdine

I used to be sapiosexual, but that was back when it meant feeling sexually attracted to people that Mo from The Three Stooges labelled unintelligent.

kittens

i would have thought that most people would only want to have relationships with people who they consider to be intelligent in some way. or is ronny saying he wouldn't even give 1 shag to the world's fittest bird if she was completely hogbrained? because of course he would. everybody would.

imitationleather

I thought this was what people said to justify getting with old but rich people?

Pseudopath

The first thing I look for in a woman is intelligence. If she doesn't have that, she's mine.

© 2010 Anthony Jeselnik/Comedy Central Records

Twed

I wish this was Jimmy Nail. I've been holding on to "ain't no doubt it's plain to see/woman's IQ's no good for me" for about 25 years.

Noonling

Pure coincidence that all his known relationships have been with women, specifically women who are actresses, models and musicians.

#QUEERPRIDE

NJ Uncut

Quote from: kittens on September 19, 2019, 06:33:15 PM
i would have thought that most people would only want to have relationships with people who they consider to be intelligent in some way. or is ronny saying he wouldn't even give 1 shag to the world's fittest bird if she was completely hogbrained? because of course he would. everybody would.

I wouldn't, but if you want to make all the arrangements for this to be proven one way or another, just book us a Travelodge and I'll report back honestly enough

madhair60

Quote from: Twed on September 19, 2019, 06:36:17 PM
I wish this was Jimmy Nail. I've been holding on to "ain't no doubt it's plain to see/woman's IQ's no good for me" for about 25 years.

I wish I was Jimmy Nail.

popcorn

Why is that nobody ever asks what my experience of sexuality is?

TrenterPercenter

I do wonder what counts as intelligent enough to qualify for a sapiosexual sounds like bullshit based around a false premise that attraction is only managed through looks.

PlanktonSideburns

His music's fried dogshit hurled out of a pan through a window into a cycling child's face tho isn't it?

I feel like that's the real issue here

Sebastian Cobb

Must just be a coincidence that his ex wife is quite fit then.

touchingcloth

Quote"The definition means intelligence first then attraction"

Does it? As in first the person is intelligent and then you are attracted to them? Or the person is intelligent first and then you decide whether they're also fit enough?

Do you know what would be really surprising? If there was someone who was attracted to exclusively thick, ugly personality vacuums.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 19, 2019, 06:54:48 PM
Do you know what would be really surprising? If there was someone who was attracted to exclusively thick, ugly personality vacuums.

Errr there are plenty of people like this.

Twed

Can we please use this as an excuse to hate Girls Who Read? I'm never going to stop being angry about it. This is deathbed grudge level stuff for me. That patronising bollocks paired with slam poetry might be the only thing worse than Ronson and his brilliant one idea of having trumpets in things.

popcorn

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 19, 2019, 06:54:48 PM

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on September 19, 2019, 06:56:12 PM

YOU MEAN LIKE YOUR MUM AND DAD?

EDIT: AND ALSO YOUR WIFE AND YOUR BOYFRIEND ????

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on September 19, 2019, 06:56:12 PM

Thank fuck.

But seriously, his music is fucking DIRE isn't it? Music for people who own a glass chopping board that has the words

chop

Slice

Dice

Mince

Cut

Written on it in all different typefaces on it.

Morons basically. The sort of people he wouldn't touch with a barge pole apparently.

pigamus

Well I suppose you have to ask whether he's ever been out with somebody unattractive, but that would involve labelling one of his exes as unattractive. It's probably humbug but it's a bit of a bugger to disprove.

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on September 19, 2019, 06:59:29 PM
Thank fuck.

But seriously, his music is fucking DIRE isn't it? Music for people who own a glass chopping board that has the words

chop

Slice

Dice

Mince

Cut

Written on it in all different typefaces on it.

Hahaha this is great

Twed

Do you think Mark Ronson knows that it's not a requirement for him to be alive? He just might not know that he's surplus to requirements. I suspect if somebody explained it to him he'd say "Oh!" and just pass away on the spot.

Brundle-Fly

Don't come crying to me, Mark, when she runs off with a man with a far bigger IQ.

*Joe Swash rubs his legs

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: pigamus on September 19, 2019, 07:00:01 PM
Well I suppose you have to ask whether he's ever been out with somebody unattractive, but that would involve labelling one of his exes as unattractive. It's probably humbug but it's a bit of a bugger to disprove.

How about instead we consider how the 'arrangements' on his latest album sound like something an a level music child fucked in at the last minute after a weekend long bender: melodies unimaginatively outlining the chords, dull as fuck and undynamic to boot

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: popcorn on September 19, 2019, 06:58:02 PM
YOU MEAN LIKE YOUR MUM AND DAD?

EDIT: AND ALSO YOUR WIFE AND YOUR BOYFRIEND ????

YOU LEAVE TOBIAS OUT OF THIS!!

alan nagsworth

I'm only interested in sapiosex. The lass can be thick as blackstrap molasses during any other everyday activity or conversation or endeavour but in the bed she has to be dead smart, on about triangles and maths and that, fully explaining Brexit to me in easily digestible nuggets since I can't be fucked reading the news about it any more. Call me crazy or whatever but it's the only way I can cum.

Dex Sawash

Hello stupid ladies reading this, I would