Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:42:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fucking prawns

Started by pancreas, September 19, 2019, 09:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Old article but I missed it. Fucking prawns are nearly as bad for the environment as beef and lamb.

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/seafood-greenhouse-gas-emissions-lobsters-demand-climate-change-shrimp-crustaceans-a8286821.html

It's better to eat PORK.

What am I going to do? Half of my luncheons consist of a copy of an M&S Our Best Ever Prawn Sandwich.

Well, I can't live without fucking prawns. I'll just have to give up something to compensate, like my wanking machines. You'd think they had a small carbon footprint but they don't. For example, one of them is powered on minced beef.

Twed

Quote from: pancreas on September 19, 2019, 09:37:02 PM
What am I going to do? Half of my luncheons consist of a copy of an M&S Our Best Ever Prawn Sandwich.
Don't worry:

QuoteGreenhouse gas emissions from wild-caught seafood have risen dramatically

I doubt that the ones in the sandwich are from nature.

pancreas

Oh thank god. I don't know what I'd do without my beef powered wanking machine.

Cloud

Sexual deviancy these days.... even my dick isn't that small

Twed

QuoteOur Best Ever Prawn Sandwich is packed with plump Atlantic king prawns and juicy prawns from Honduras in a gorgeously glossy Marie Rose sauce,
AWWW SHIT

But you deserve this for choosing the prawn sandwich that comes with fucking disgusting "Marie Rose" sauce and lettuce on brown bread instead of the classic plain mayo on bleached white bread.

Twed

I love how they went to all of the effort of appeasing the clientele with responsibly-sourced prawns, when it turns out they are killing the planet.

pancreas

Quote from: Twed on September 19, 2019, 09:40:52 PM
AWWW SHIT

But you deserve this for choosing the prawn sandwich that comes with fucking disgusting "Marie Rose" sauce and lettuce on brown bread instead of the classic plain mayo on bleached white bread.

Where do you live, please? I've got a present for you.

king_tubby

Reading this thread in a Seth Efrican accent.

Twed

Quote from: pancreas on September 19, 2019, 09:42:10 PM
Where do you live, please? I've got a present for you.
So now you're considering fishing prawns out of the Atlantic at the carbon cost of raising and slaughtering eighteen cows and then sending them back across the Atlantic to me? That's fucking monstrous.

pancreas

Quote from: king_tubby on September 19, 2019, 09:44:53 PM
Reading this thread in a Seth Efrican accent.

Erm, shouldn't you be off somewhere joining something?

Twed

You know how some climate change deniers get trucks fitted out with coal burners and drive around billowing out black plumes of smoke to make a point? You're doing the sandwich equivalent of that.

idunnosomename

is this why penises smell of prawns

pancreas

I may as well be eating fracking.

king_tubby

Quote from: pancreas on September 19, 2019, 09:45:44 PM
Erm, shouldn't you be off somewhere joining something?

I got blackballed.

Of course...

hamfist

Breed fat edible grubs.

Land prawns mate.

Nutritious, cheap.

Land prawns mate.

king_tubby

Woodlice. The prawns of the land.

hamfist

Quote from: king_tubby on September 19, 2019, 10:28:26 PM

For a crunchy texture, why not.

I was thinking Engerlinge (don't know the English word for those - a chonky beetle larva)

hamfist

Here we go lads, grub's (literally) up.

Mr Eggs

Quote from: king_tubby on September 19, 2019, 10:28:26 PM

That would be in a West country accent.

Mr Eggs

Quote from: hamfist on September 19, 2019, 10:33:32 PM

Here we go lads, grub's (literally) up.

Little dicks all squirming around in your mouth...

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Haven't eaten prawns for about 15 years cause of allergies so this is absolutely excellent news for me. Probably not excellent news for everyone else but of course who gives a fuck about everyone else.

I thought crab would be ok but I ate a traditional crab sandwich from south Devon on a train to London and my throat puffed up to the size of Kim Kardashian's arse so it seems like it's not to be. I hope someone tells us all that crab is bad.

Pancreas, the best advice would probably be to eat something that tastes like seafood but isn't a disgrace to the environment - like, for example, human spunk.

Buelligan

You should avoid mussels and that sort of thing too then.  I have a friend with the prawn allergy and all seafood that is shelled in any way works, in a deadly way, on him.  Apparently, each time you have a reaction, the next time will be worse, so watch your step Wegger.  I am only saying this because I care.

ProvanFan

Cuellar

pigamus

Quote from: Mr Eggs on September 19, 2019, 10:36:35 PM
Little dicks all squirming around in your mouth...

It's terrible what happened to Leapy Lee's career.

Shit Good Nose

ALL animals produce greenhouse gases - I believe termites guff out significantly more methane than cows.

Twed

Quote from: ProvanFan on September 20, 2019, 10:56:34 AM
Are Skips still ok?
I just discovered something excellent about Skips (because I am the kind of person who searches Wikipedia for Skips):

QuoteThe snacks are made by KP Snacks under licence from the Japanese confectioner Meiji Seika, who provided the procedural knowledge to manufacture them and exported the production facilities to produce them in 1975.

Skips are an old Japanese secret.

Pingers

[tag]Roy Keane enters thread in "ebullient" mood [/tag]

pancreas

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 20, 2019, 12:44:42 PM
ALL animals produce greenhouse gases - I believe termites guff out significantly more methane than cows.

I fear you may be missing the point.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: pancreas on September 20, 2019, 02:00:37 PM
I fear you may be missing the point.

On the contrary - I'm giving you free rein to eat as many prawns as you like.  Even the supermarket basic ones that should be okay, and the ones from super hot countries that probably aren't.  You don't even have to remove the shit tube if you don't want to.