Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:45:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Good Place Season 4

Started by Small Man Big Horse, September 19, 2019, 10:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oy vey

2nd episode was excellent. The only slight annoyance was the Emma Stone bit. Feels like she's a fan and they're referencing her as a nod. They should leave the name dropping to Tahani and keep it snappy. Otherwise love it.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: oy vey on October 04, 2019, 10:59:48 PM
They should leave the name dropping to Tahani and keep it snappy.

I still want more Stone Cold Steve Austin nods from Eleanor

oy vey

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 04, 2019, 11:26:03 PM
I still want more Stone Cold Steve Austin nods from Eleanor

His cameo has almost been earned. Almost. Good call.

Gulftastic

I want Blake Bortles so Jason can get a win.

Gulftastic

Cracking episode this week. Made a lot of what has gone on this season make sense. And Jason was the hero! I love it when that happens!

phantom_power

I did notice Janet's mistake but just thought it was a little production error until the later reveal. Well played, The Good Place. I also wasn't entirely sure who was telling the truth throughout the episode, and it turned out that everyone was.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I thought the season started off a bit slowly, but this week's episode was firing on all cylinders. The unholy horse monstrosity was hugely funny and something I wouldn't have expected to work on a live action show.

Small Man Big Horse

It really was a great one this week, and the perfect episode to show to someone who says it's a series which isn't funny. Loved the Eleanor / Chidi part as well, I think they've got great chemistry together.

Gulftastic

Chidi's glee when ran into the room with a bunch of random objects was hilarious, and Jason and Janet's reunion was rather romantic. 'Not a girl.' Awwwww.

NJ Uncut

Dialogue in this is cracking.

Loved (paraphrasing heavily to make it sound worse):

Jason: This doesn't seem a good part of your plan.
Michael: This wasn't part of my plan!!
Jason: Phew. I was worried you had a bad plan!

oy vey

Shawn is great. That Kevin Spacey one-liner was lovely stuff.

PlanktonSideburns

Also Jason looks totally gorgeous in that suit

oy vey

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 26, 2019, 10:00:17 AM
Also Jason looks totally gorgeous in that suit

He suits up well.

I spent 4 seasons figuring out if Janet is hot or not. Evil Janet in handcuffs sorted that out.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: oy vey on October 26, 2019, 10:04:16 AMI spent 4 seasons figuring out if Janet is hot or not. Evil Janet in handcuffs sorted that out.
It only took me a season, if that.

As soon as bad Janet turned up in the series I was on the fancying Janet bandwagon.

NJ Uncut

Bad Tahani though

Regular Eleanor.

Jason as is, if you want. Suited, whatever.

Blumf

Eeeh, I don't know. I've been loving the show, but this season seems to be treading water a bit. Stuff's happening, but it doesn't have that cliffhanger feel to it that the previous seasons did.

phantom_power

I think that sort of comes with the territory of a final season. You can't upset the applecart and blow minds too much as you have less time to get to the resolution. It feels like this show is building to one final revelation or resolution, which is fine with me

BritishHobo

I've really enjoyed the last two episodes, although they make me wish we'd got more time with the new gang. It would have been nice and fun to see them grow and develop more as a group (except Brent), because apart from the one episode with Tahani and John, it's pretty much been background.

Small Man Big Horse

Eh, I'm ready for the show to move on, the new characters have been fun to a certain extent but I'm kind of done with them now, especially Brent, and I want to see more of the main gang interacting again.

Gulftastic

Shout out to West Brompton!

The local tube station for many of our Wembley Weekends!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Gulftastic on November 08, 2019, 08:20:07 PM
Shout out to West Brompton!

The local tube station for many of our Wembley Weekends!

That bit made me smile too, as I'm really not fond of the place.

I've been thinking about it and I'm all but convinced the Judge is going to rule in the Bad Place's favour, sending them all to hell, only for Bad Janet to help them escape at some point. Brent might have been on the verge of saying sorry but that's the only non douche bag thing he's done in a year (at least for the right reason) and Simone hadn't exactly changed much either.

BritishHobo

This is why I wish there'd been more focus on that group. It would be more interesting payoff either way (though especially if they fail) if we'd really seen them grow and evolve, seen more of them in Chidi's lessons, or the four of them all being in on the Jason secret. As it is now, I'm with you that they're definitely gonna fail, because that set-up fot a win just isn't really there.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: BritishHobo on November 09, 2019, 07:54:54 PM
This is why I wish there'd been more focus on that group. It would be more interesting payoff either way (though especially if they fail) if we'd really seen them grow and evolve, seen more of them in Chidi's lessons, or the four of them all being in on the Jason secret. As it is now, I'm with you that they're definitely gonna fail, because that set-up fot a win just isn't really there.

You make a good point there, and may well be on to something. Unless the show completely wrongfoots both of us and this isn't the last we see of Brent and co.

PlanktonSideburns

Surely there's gonna be some more rug pullage the this point?

phantom_power

There is more at stake than just whether the humans go to hell or not though isn't there. There is the whole system of how people get into the good place in the first place

NJ Uncut

Quote from: phantom_power on November 10, 2019, 08:58:53 AM
There is more at stake than just whether the humans go to hell or not though isn't there. There is the whole system of how people get into the good place in the first place

Yes, surely the good ending would be the Bad Place only getting genuine bad people and the Good Place actually being attainable.

They've done so much else. I was thinking what might be a suitable end for the main four humans and thought "hmm, maybe they start on earth again with a blank slate". But they've done it already!

This show is remarkably imaginative.

Blumf

We have seen several Bad Place demons change - Michael, Glenn, and hints of Bad Janet (Not a demon).

I wonder if that'll play into the judgement.

Bad Ambassador

It would be a great final twist if everything the humans went through was ignored by Gen, in favour of noting that since Michael could change, all humanity is saved.

alan nagsworth

I think it's leading us into a false conclusion because there's no way you could watch that recent episode and think things are gonna go well, but the writers are excellent at finding some new moral/philosophical angle which works wonders both for the soul and for the direction of the show.

Would be nice if they didn't all go to hell, like