Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,497
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:48:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Untitled Goose Game

Started by The Boston Crab, September 20, 2019, 04:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Totally just going to fuck work off and go home to play this and Zelda and Sayonara

Thursday

Not paid any attention, So, is this actually good then, and not just amusing for 5 minutes and then tiresome like Goat Simulator?

Consignia

Quote from: Thursday on September 20, 2019, 08:12:33 PM
Not paid any attention, So, is this actually good then, and not just amusing for 5 minutes and then tiresome like Goat Simulator?

There first couple of levels are pretty fun. It's basically an adventure-puzzle game with an interesting setting. The way that the goose moves just makes it feel just right. How it'll pan out for the entire game remains to be seen, but so far it's really good.

Dex Sawash

Glebe

At last, game developers have started taking me into consideration!

Twed

Finished it already. Short, but the end part was exactly what I was looking for.

Quote from: Thursday on September 20, 2019, 08:12:33 PM

It's a kind of stealthy, physicsy puzzle game which encourages some experimentation and it's quite often pretty funny and will make you smile with clever or daft moments.

I nicked some farmer's keys and legged it off honking and flapping my wings as he chased me to the little pond. I jumped in and swam off in circles honking and taunting him. Then he started wading in to my surprise and I shit myself and honked and dropped the keys in a panic and then hid in a flowerbed while he stared in my direction and looked puzzled and looked for his keys.

That's the kind of thing.

Consignia

Just finished it. Yeah it is quite short, but it's so silly and fun. An absolute charmer of a game. The ending made me laugh so much. Comedy rarely works in games but this one just works based on how absurd it is.

BlodwynPig

Whats the ending? Is your goose cooked?

Might have a gander at this

Twed

BritishHobo

Blimey, that really was short. Really good laugh though. It does well at making you feel like you're affecting things in an organic way, the ways you use items to get people to react. And yeah, good fun right to the end. God I wish there were a couple more settings though.

Harry Badger

Haven't bought a game in years apart from International Cricket Captain updates but I'm getting this cunt tonight. Fortunately I'm a bit simple so it should take me a while to solve the puzzles.

Twed

Quote from: Twed on September 22, 2019, 01:26:49 AM
Bellend.
Just want to point out that this was actually a clever joke.

I like it, but not an awful lot. I find the gameplay a bit frustrating. Animation and comedy value is ace but the practicalities of dragging objects around is a bit pfffddd for me. I am crap/disinterested in stealth though.

Cloud

This looks hilarious and i'm inclined to buy it for the meme factor, but that's exactly how I felt about Goat Simulator, which was funny for.. a few minutes.  That combined with apparently being short, might just wait for it to be in a sale sometime.

Twed

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 24, 2019, 06:00:01 PM
I like it, but not an awful lot. I find the gameplay a bit frustrating. Animation and comedy value is ace but the practicalities of dragging objects around is a bit pfffddd for me. I am crap/disinterested in stealth though.
Yeah, it's not varied enough. Any longer and it would be a huge drag.

kittens

completed this tonight. made me laugh a fair bit. girlfriend liked seein when the goose honks and when the goose gets a bow, so did i, lots in common we have.

Blue Jam

I never play games on my PC but this looks like it will run on my knackered old Windows 7 laptop, might have to buy it tonight.

BritishHobo

Quote from: kittens on September 24, 2019, 10:52:26 PM
completed this tonight. made me laugh a fair bit. girlfriend liked seein when the goose honks and when the goose gets a bow, so did i, lots in common we have.

Mine thought the goose, and by extension myself, was a horrible horrible bastard, especially for tripping the speccy kid up and then nicking his glasses. Single now, I am.

BritishHobo

That had me laughing for ages though. The sheer spitefulness of doing that, and then sticking his toy boat on the market stall so he has to buy it back. Fucking brilliant.

peanutbutter

their previous game looks pretty bizarrely fun too, anyone manage to play it?

Blue Jam

Bought this last night and so far it's reminded me how much I hate gaming with a keyboard and mouse- I kept stealing the gardener's hat but he kept catching up to me whenever I tried to run off with it. Grrrr. I miss me thumbsticks- this console pleb will have to connect an Xbox controller and have another go. Or buy a Switch.

The game itself is a laff though- I do like a bit of stealth and I also like being a complete asshole in games so this one is right up my street. I guess Untitled Goose Game is a bit like like RDR2, if RDR2 wasn't about outlaws in the Wild West and if it was about a goose in a quaint English village, and instead of hogtying an innocent person and chucking them off a bridge you were sneaking into their garden and knocking over their Thermos flask.

MojoJojo

I believe you can make there is a hole in the hedge you can open up which makes stealing the hat easier.

I've just realised it is the Goose who is untitled, not the game, which avoids the paradoxical game title and explains the poor behaviour of the goose as they are unworthy of a peerage.

Blue Jam

Oh I've managed to steal the hat several times now, I'm just too used to controllers and find it hard to run by clicking a mouse... I've also found that you can hide things in flowerbeds, that may come in handy at some point.

Mr Jam suggested "Entitled Goose Game" as a better title, and it works. I have also wondered if it would work better as an Untitled Seagull Game, as geese are hardnuts but seagulls really are arseholes, and then I remembered how much I hate seagulls and decided I'd rather play as a goose (the movement of the untitled goose is rather satisfying to watch) than as a cuntbeak.

Twed

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 26, 2019, 09:04:50 AMa goose in a quaint English village
Really interesting, surprisingly political footnote in the game's credits about where this was made, BTW.

Twed