Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:04:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Untitled Goose Game

Started by The Boston Crab, September 20, 2019, 04:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Quote from: The Boston Crab on October 03, 2019, 04:33:57 AM
Thank FUCK you got sacked from making games. We all been to game school via Mark Brown on YT not every game has to follow some shit design standard.

Have you seen his video on "can we make talking as much fun as shooting"? He's as thick as the rest of them (ie YOU).

GBH (gotta be honest) I hate the guy and his fuckin videos. Spend half an hour saying 'I like it therefore is good' in wank language. He is a thick middlebrow pseud cunt.

popcorn

Quote from: The Boston Crab on October 03, 2019, 09:56:01 PM
GBH (gotta be honest) I hate the guy and his fuckin videos. Spend half an hour saying 'I like it therefore is good' in wank language. He is a thick middlebrow pseud cunt.

I think he's quite good sometimes. I like that he avoids most (but not all) of the cliches of YouTube game discussion. I think his point-by-point breakdown of specific scenes and ideas is pretty informative and interesting. He had some good criticism of the Breath of the Wild dungeons, and put into words some of the reasons I'd found them dull but hadn't bothered to think about why.

However sometimes he's thick, like you.

Did he get anything firstly form Oxford?

Cuellar

'FORM' Oxford? 'FORM'? CRETIN

Sorry, I obviously meant 'Did he get anything firstly FROM Oxford?' because what the fuck does THAT mean.

You never wrote in autocorrect before? What did you stufy, humans sci3nce?

Cuellar

I won't dignify that with a response.

madhair60

everyone be nice to one another

imitationleather

Quote from: madhair60 on October 04, 2019, 08:32:16 AM
everyone be nice to one another

Sounds like a shit idea for a game.

Cuellar

Mister Six

I can see what's being said here. I think I'd like it more if it were all open from the beginning and you could just wander about, acting the cunt with no particular aim or goals (rather than checking off an arbitrary number of things so you can move on to the next area), with better context clues to aid exploration.

That said, I don't think the to-do list is an inherently bad idea, for those looking for a little more direction.

Blue Jam

Beagle 2

Yes. I... think this is quite shit! What am I missing? Once you get over the HA HA GOOSE aspect, the puzzles are less than ingenious and the whole thing feels like some sort of learning aid for small children.

bgmnts

Considering i got stuck on the second puzzle that makes me feel shit.

Cerys

BumpHonk!

Just got this game and I'm absolutely loving it.  I got to the end, and the joy of discovering that there was more to do made me emit a little happy squeak.  Now to read the actual thread and find out if you hated that little speccy twat as much as I did (currently trying to make him fall over in a puddle, the bastard).

Edit - yes, it seems that I'm not alone in tormenting Speccy McTwatface.  I finally made him fall over, whereupon I stole his glasses and ran away with them.  They are now lying in someone's back garden, while young Speccy is kneeling in the road and trying unsuccessfully to locate them.  Given that I've also nicked his football and toy aeroplane, he really isn't having the best of days.

Dewt

You can force him into the telly shop and get him to point at his winky and do a dance while all the screens broadcast it.

Cerys

I'll believe you.  Thousands wouldn't.

Marner and Me

Watched the advert and found if funny

Pink Gregory

Finished this yesterday.

Dropped the toy boat in the canal for personal theming reasons and apparently it floated all the way down under a bridge, which was on the bonus to do list without me knowing.

Impressed that they tracked it all that way when I was still goosin' about elsewhere.

peanutbutter

Local two player mode being added next month

madhair60

PlanktonSideburns

Pink Gregory

Why can't a game about a naughty goose just be a game about a naughty goose without being an internet 'meme'?

PlanktonSideburns

I don't like memes so I don't look at them

That way indie games are never spoiled for me

peanutbutter

On the basis of House House's other game and the kinda clumsy controls of this, I think if they actually put effort into a couch co-op mode it could be pretty fun