Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 729
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:33:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (Season 14)

Started by selectivememory, September 21, 2019, 07:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJ Uncut

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 10, 2019, 12:21:34 AM
NJ do me a solid and help me out, cos I'd love to see this if it's out there...

What, the Xmas special thing? I've seen it before, so it's defo out there

Will report back the night. And if it ain't, I'll request it. It'll. Happen.

Mobius

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Mobius on October 10, 2019, 08:30:51 AM
I think he meant the latest episode :)

Oh. Episode 3, I shall be acquiring later today. Who knows if it'll get compulsively uploaded?

NARRATOR: it will.

Mobius

Thank you mate, have loved your high quality versions.

Can't find the latest episode online yet

Ant Farm Keyboard

They tend to become available during the afternoon or the evening after they aired.

NJ Uncut

selectivememory

Thanks for that NJ. That was a very funny episode.

"That's what his soul looks like."

up_the_hampipe

3 for 3 on great episodes. I'm rating this season so far. They seem to have settled back into their natural style. Ghoulish Dennis was hilarious. Nice to see Dee get the win as well.

NJ Uncut

"You want me to leave, fine. Door or window?"
"Door!"
"It's gonna take me a long time to bash through that door" 

4 for 4!

Stupid compulsion

NJ Uncut

Nobody watches this do they

Shame. For fourteen seasons in it's remarkable

chveik

I do!

really enjoyed this one. "I don't know how you want to die" made me laugh

neveragain

Thanks so much NJ.

Another cracking ep. Though I did get confused with how the 'bang em and bin em' plot culminated. I couldn't tell why Frank cared that the Waiter didn't care.

Obel

New Jack you're a star

*throws you off a ladder in thanks*

kidney

I've been firmly in the "nu-Sunny is shite" camp for a few years but have been pleasantly surprised by this season so far. Thanks for uploads NJ.

NJ Uncut

Welcome all, it is nice to be sharing something that's actually good!

Liked them bringing back the exasperated waiter. Always Funny is underrated for just how dense it is. Its.. If you can stomach the term..

Its Universe.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 18, 2019, 12:36:26 PM
Welcome all, it is nice to be sharing something that's actually good!

Liked them bringing back the exasperated waiter. Always Funny is underrated for just how dense it is. Its.. If you can stomach the term..

Its Universe.

The Waiter is a great character, the gang's instant amnesia towards him never gets old.

up_the_hampipe

Great stuff again this week. I feel like "eating blue" is going to be a new Sunny meme.

neveragain

I still don't get that last scene with the Waiter. But I've only watched it once and wasn't clear then.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: neveragain on October 19, 2019, 12:57:16 AM
I still don't get that last scene with the Waiter. But I've only watched it once and wasn't clear then.

He's begging for his job back in that restaurant and they don't realise or care, not even Frank, even when he saves Dee they don't remember and neither does she

neveragain

No, sorry, I meant the one before (when Frank's at his house). I don't think the pilot/mother-in-a-home plot was satisfactorily wrapped up.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: neveragain on October 19, 2019, 02:01:24 AM
No, sorry, I meant the one before (when Frank's at his house). I don't think the pilot/mother-in-a-home plot was satisfactorily wrapped up.

Suppose not but I just assume the waiter begged for his job back as he dropped out of pilot school he couldn't afford and his moms in a bang and bin place (like he said), so he was trying to get back to normal. Not much more I guess. Frank left him a mess so he needed to get back to his waiterdom

Nice actually in a way - felt like they had more plot than time to explore it

selectivememory

Cheers again, NJ.

I was a bit disappointed that the Frank/Waiter plot ended so suddenly, as that felt to me like the most interesting plot thread in the episode with a lot of comic potential. But still, very good stuff on the whole. This season does feel like a return to form after the last one.

Mobius

selectivememory

Quote from: Mobius on October 24, 2019, 08:54:52 AM
Latest episode was fucking awful. Christ.

I really enjoyed it. I wonder if reading your comment before watching it lowered my expectations and made me enjoy it more than I would have done.

I guess it was easy to see a lot of it coming, especially Frank with the gorilla, and Dee with the goats. And the pissing thing wasn't very funny or well executed as a joke. But I enjoyed all the text stuff and Mac and Dee's inability to do it well.

NJ Uncut

Avclub gave it an A Minus!

If only there was some way to decide for yourself by, say, viewing it

It's good to me so far!

up_the_hampipe

It was a weird episode. Surprised that it was written by Rob and Charlie, felt a bit unnatural. Next week they're doing a film noir parody. THIS ISN'T COMMUNITY, STOP IT!

NJ Uncut

Mobius

I hated the text thingy... being at the zoo is enough for an episode! I too was very surprised Dennis and Mac were the writers, cus it didn't feel like the usual style. What was with that  kid going up to Dennis and telling him he missed the lion show? Who was that?! Charlie realising the sealion see lions thing seemed odd, since he's illiterate. Dee's done something to her face, find her less expressive now...

Next week's black and white noir parody episode doesn't look great.. Can we have an episode where the gang are in the bar?!

neveragain

It wasn't the best. As you say, there are all sorts of hijinks to be had at the zoo. It was weird to have such an off day at thos point, it's like they forgot most of the things that make Sunny Sunny.
But I think they could do the noir alright and this season has provided reasonable eps thus far.