Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:28:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Circle (Channel 4)

Started by Ja'moke, September 21, 2019, 01:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Will be interesting to see how Georgina views Sammie now. She had to do a fucking brutal thing for him which he hadn't been able to do himself. She might feel she's fulfilled her promise as far as the circle of trust is concerned. But then I'm not sure she'd rate Tim or Woody that high either.

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on October 18, 2019, 01:16:48 PM
When Ella was booted, Sammie said something about them now having the balance of power, but it's Woody & Tim who have the balance of power.  If Sammie/Paddy/Georgina vote each other 1st & 2nd, and if Tim/Woody vote each other 1st, then Sammie/Paddy/Georgina will come out on top, so the winner will be determined by how Tim & Woody place their 2nd/3rd/4th votes.

I think I'm being thick, I don't understand this. Do you mean it's guaranteed to be one of the three of them, but that which one it is is dependent on Tim and Woody? In that case I'd be certain it'd have to be Georgina.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: BritishHobo on October 18, 2019, 05:03:42 PM
Will be interesting to see how Georgina views Sammie now. She had to do a fucking brutal thing for him which he hadn't been able to do himself. She might feel she's fulfilled her promise as far as the circle of trust is concerned. But then I'm not sure she'd rate Tim or Woody that high either.

I think I'm being thick, I don't understand this. Do you mean it's guaranteed to be one of the three of them, but that which one it is is dependent on Tim and Woody? In that case I'd be certain it'd have to be Georgina.

With 5 people left, each one is voting on the other 4... so if Tim puts Woody in 1st and Woody puts Tim in 1st... and then with the other 3 they're going to put the other two of their 'group' as 1 & 2.  At this point Tim has 1, Woody has 1, the other three each have (if votes were shared out equally) a 1 AND a 2, if not shared out equally and someone might get two 1's, someone with two 2's... but that's still better than one 2.  So the socalled "Circle Of Trust" would end up top with Tim & Woody bottom.  So the most important votes to look out for will be the people Tum and Woody put as 2nd/3rd/4th as this will tip the balance.

Of course if the votes for the 1's and 2's don't go as I've predicted the win could be anybody's

EDIT: Adding to this as I was cooking food and had to submit it.

Yes Georgina would probably win.  If Sammie votes tactically and gives the 1st and 2nd to Woody & Tim then Sammie could win.

BritishHobo

Ahh, I see. I guess that's where it's going to get interesting. Paddy would likely vote Sammie 1st but I'm not sure where Georgina will go now. Put Paddy first, then I don't know who.

gmoney

Worst finalist won! He was such a dull bastard!

Ja'moke

Called it. Thought it was quite clear where the votes would go in final ratings.

Not the winner I was rooting for, but that alliance worked out for him. Still a great series.

BritishHobo

Should have been Georgina, but I don't mind. That was a really lovely episode only slightly marred by some stupid editing decisions (constantly telling players they were out of interview time - and missing the opportunity to show Ella realising who Woody's dad is - only to spend ages at the end recapping the show we've all just fucking spent a month wstching). I had the same sick feeling as I did last year before the meal, but it was just a really nice, genuine thing.

gmoney

Yeah, it was an excellent series overall. That live show though, really shit, dated format. I could have done with seeing a lot more of the meal, the finalists meeting the other players. I really don't think the interviews added anything, they were just really dull.

Ja'moke

There was a little bit too much focus on the "journey" stuff. Like, I don't believe for one second that Paddy has never met another disabled person before.

And yeah, the meeting was nowhere near as tense as last year's. Dan looked about ready to hit Alex last series.

BritishHobo

I felt so ill with nerves this time because fucking hell that turned so quickly last year. I thought it was going to be so fun, and it immediately turned horrific.

You make a good point gmoney - I'd have been far more interested to see them discuss things amongst themselves than have Emma grill them one at a time.

I've walked back on thinking it *should* have been Georgina, cos that's discrediting Paddy a bit. The system worked a lot better this year as it really came down to who had been all-round popular. It's not a game you can win by sticking to your closest mates - even if those friendships are genuine, which they were - or by openly opposing other players. Sammie played a blinder but he guaranteed his own failure when he tipped his hand to Tim about disliking Ella. If he had played it as if he loved Ella but felt everyone else had better reasons to stay, he could have done it. Even Tim himself had scuppered chances because Sammie and Georgina had soured a little on him in-game. In a way it rewards mild, inoffensive behaviour, because the kind, top-of-the-ranking popular ones and the aggressive gameplayers cancel each other out.

BritishHobo

Saying that, appearances sake matters more than behaviour of course, since Paddy did go for the circle of trust thing.

JesusAndYourBush

When they showed a few of their votes near the start of the episode I knew Paddy had won.  Voting went pretty much as I predicted except they gave Paddy two 1st places rather than Georgina as I'd expected.