Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:07:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Do You Ever Pause a Movie.. to Imagine?

Started by MortSahlFan, September 21, 2019, 09:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MortSahlFan

It's rare, but I love to do it.. Create my own scenes, perhaps future scenes (and then seeing how it actually plays out).. Usually inserting myself and editing it to expand the imagination. Sometimes I'll wonder about a remake, and how it would be made modern.

PlanktonSideburns

Sin Agog

Yeah, every time Yoko opens her mouth.  (Naw, I love Yoko).

Sin Agog

I reckon there are a few films out there where every frame feels like a painting.  Melville's Le Cercle Rouge and Douglas Sirk's All That Heaven Allows are two examples.  Also everything by cats like Shuji Terayama (best Japanese filmmaker, innit) and Parajanov.  Will often just pause and luxuriate for a minute or two, then, slaked and sated, get on with the show.

Who am I kidding? It's to browse my emails.

chveik

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I sometimes pause it if the plot is particularly complicated or confusing, just so I can figure out exactly what's going on before I plough on.

Oh, and to have a crafty wank as well, obviously.

MortSahlFan

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 22, 2019, 02:51:21 AM
I sometimes pause it if the plot is particularly complicated or confusing, just so I can figure out exactly what's going on before I plough on.

Oh, and to have a crafty wank as well, obviously.

How crafty!