Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:56:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Death Wish 3, tonight ITV4 2210h

Started by Blumf, September 22, 2019, 09:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 01, 2019, 01:44:01 PM
Just tried to watch that, but binned it during the rape scene. Michael Winner was such a leering piece of shit, an incompetent, fatuous hack with no moral compass or artistic integrity. I don't care how many lesbians he defended against Richard Littlejohn.

The first film is more contemptible than the sequels, as it presents itself as a fairly serious, gritty piece of social commentary. Is it fuck, it's an offensive right-wing fantasia. At least Death Wish 3 doesn't attempt to be anything other than an utterly stupid action film.

And the Giggler... more than one film? Answer me he he heeeeeee

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Blumf on October 01, 2019, 02:07:23 PM
What's the grittiest Lemmon ever got on film?

Days of Wine and Roses, Missing, The China Syndrome and/or Save the Tiger probably.  He did a sterling job as juror 8 in Friedkin's (excellent) made-for-TV adaptation of 12 Angry Man (one of the best made-for-TV films ever, which I know isn't saying much, but it's really really fucking good), but that was more of a humble character.

Blumf

Completely forgot about Days of Wine and Roses, did consider The China Syndrome as a possibility. Need to see the rest.

Shit Good Nose

There's Glengarry Glen Ross as well, of course, where he plays a bit of a heel (in a film mostly populated by heels) with a facade of charm and sincerity.

lipsink

Does anyone remember a few years back on this site someone posted a hilariously bad American TV trailer for Death Wish 3? It had what sounded like the movie trailer voice-over guy doing a kind of almost-rap over the top that started with: "Charles Bronson is sick of punks..."
Doesn't seem to be online anymore.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on October 01, 2019, 03:15:37 PM
There's Glengarry Glen Ross as well, of course, where he plays a bit of a heel (in a film mostly populated by heels) with a facade of charm and sincerity.

Inspiration for Gil in the simpsons isn't he.

QuoteAll the stuntmen have a certain look to them (the one picking his teeth with a grenade, the one who gets a nail in the head)

This was on last night. That's your Tip Tipping moment right there. Man just knew how to fall off a ledge.

Quote from: lipsink on October 10, 2019, 01:20:18 PMDoes anyone remember a few years back on this site someone posted a hilariously bad American TV trailer for Death Wish 3? It had what sounded like the movie trailer voice-over guy doing a kind of almost-rap over the top that started with: "Charles Bronson is sick of punks..."
Doesn't seem to be online anymore.
Possibly in the same thread madhair60 posted this superb video of Charles Bronson's suddenly developing ape arms:

Shaky

Quote from: Astronaut Omens on April 11, 2022, 11:39:12 PMPossibly in the same thread madhair60 posted this superb video of Charles Bronson's suddenly developing ape arms:

That will never not be funny. The little side step when he's "chasing" the other guy out of the room is beautiful.

lipsink

The little sax coming in just after he grows the arms is beautiful too.

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 01, 2019, 01:44:01 PMJust tried to watch that, but binned it during the rape scene. Michael Winner was such a leering piece of shit, an incompetent, fatuous hack with no moral compass or artistic integrity. I don't care how many lesbians he defended against Richard Littlejohn.

The first film is more contemptible than the sequels, as it presents itself as a fairly serious, gritty piece of social commentary. Is it fuck, it's an offensive right-wing fantasia. At least Death Wish 3 doesn't attempt to be anything other than an utterly stupid action film.

This was on over the weekend. I was staying in a hotel with a huge, posh TV, which gave the whole thing a proper uncanny valley air. Anyway, what a tremendously horrible piece of cinema.

Fingers crossed for Death Wish 3 sometime in the next few weeks.

elliszeroed

Still waiting for that Giggler movie, imagine The Joker only with better social commentary/ satire.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Entirely shot on a Nikon digital camera.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Blumf on September 24, 2019, 09:56:18 PM

Yes.

Love how he's only using one arm in this shot, the other one is flapping like it's stapled on to his torso. Literally only using the limbs which have been called upon to do something in the script

He would have left that arm in the trailer to do this shot if he could

Death Wish 3 was on last night, just carnage throughout. Where in UK was if filmed? I know they try to make it feel like NY, but there's a few long shots where you can see e.g. underground bridges and council flats.

Blumf

Quote from: A Hat Like That on November 26, 2023, 01:12:59 PMWhere in UK was if filmed? I know they try to make it feel like NY, but there's a few long shots where you can see e.g. underground bridges and council flats.

Old Lambeth Hospital off Brook Drive, Kennington, apparently:
https://www.reelstreets.com/films/death-wish-3/

Brundle-Fly

I knew someone who worked on Dirty Weekend (1993) and I asked him what Winner was like. He said it was like being directed by somebody who was furious and very nervous at the same time. Sounded like a hellish shoot.