Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:59:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sid Haig - Dead.

Started by Big Mclargehuge, September 23, 2019, 11:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mclargehuge

Captain Spaulding's gone to meet his maker. Gutted about this as I've only come to Haig's work (Especially with Rob Zombie) fairly late to the game.

I'll always love remembering my utter glee of spotting him in "Coffee" when I had no idea he was going to be in it. he played the psychopathic bastard we hate to love to hate very well. RIP.

another Mr. Lizard

Was sorry to hear this news earlier today. I've been a fan of Sid's work for decades, and got to interview him and host two q&a sessions with him at HorrorConUK just outside Rotherham a couple of years ago (as well as riding in a chauffeur-driven car with him and John 'Wolf Creek' Jarratt, during which time the conversation somehow drifted on to the subject of "what word or phrase is used to describe 'dogging' in your country?"!). I described him then as an actor with a fifty-year career who had become an 'overnight success' after years of bit parts and neglect. Watch out for him in mid-60s tv shows, fighting Batman and so on as a stooge/henchman. Lovely guy in person, as you'd expect. And seemed to be involved in more new movies at the end of his career than ever before. What a treat it was to see him pop up at the start of Bone Tomahawk a few years ago.

Here I am doing my best Michael Parkinson alongside the great man: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HB5oc7C61Aw

cptspalding

Was also sad to hear this. Captain Spaulding is my favourite horror character (didn't stop me misspelling his name in my avatar!), and just the other day I was excited to discover that the new Rob Zombie film will be out to buy next month. 

From the reactions I have seen today he had a lot of time for his fans and seemed like a good egg.