Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:31:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds album due 'next week'

Started by holyzombiejesus, September 24, 2019, 01:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Anyone else get tickets for next year's tour? Spotify gave me a pre-sale link which I obviously handed out to all and sundry. Me, my partner and about five other pals got standing tickets, insanely fuckin buzzed to finally get to see them.

DrGreggles

Birmingham for me.
Only weekend gig I can realistically get to.

Ferris

DrGreggles

He sure is.
The last time I saw him I was still in short trousers!

I mean, it was only a few years ago, but my trousers we're shit.

kalowski

Yes he is. Sadly he's playing the Manchester Arena which is a bit too big for my liking. I saw him at the Apollo (think it was The Lyre of Orpheus tour) and it was magnificent.

I've only ever seen him in theatre type venues up to now and I have no interest in traipsing over to the Millenium Dome to see him. He's probably finally too big to play good venues now.

non capisco

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on October 27, 2019, 08:11:16 PM
I've only ever seen him in theatre type venues up to now and I have no interest in traipsing over to the Millenium Dome to see him. He's probably finally too big to play good venues now.

I thought the same about seeing him outdoors in Victoria Park last year but that turned out to be one of the most transcendent live musical experiences of my life. I can't miss this O2 gig after outright obsessing over Ghosteen these past few weeks. There will be hot tears trickling down my quivering face at this thing. Possibly guttural sobs. But, you know, in a good way. 

alan nagsworth

I am fully prepared to get stabby with cunts if they think talking at any point during this show is acceptable behaviour.

non capisco

No-one was saying a dicky bird at Victoria Park. What a feat for a performer, getting an outdoor festival crowd to completely shut the fuck up and hang off your every word and gesture, even during the hushed, tender selections from Skeleton Tree that he performed. I hope that's the same vibe at the O2.

grassbath

I saw him at the Manchester Arena last year and impressively enough the size of the venue didn't diminish the performance at all. It were great. Would have got tickets again if I'd not seen him twice already and they weren't prohibitively fucking expensive.

Goldentony

I saw him in that place a level below the MEN when Push The Sky Away came out and it was OK but that venue is fucking awful if you're far back and watching a vampire sing at the same 3 people directly in front of him the whole time, and the sound isn't great either so you're sort of watching a big stretchy goth going WOOOOARTGHHHH KEATS AND ELVIS BABY at people quietly