Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:11:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Apprentice 2019

Started by Malcy, September 24, 2019, 12:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Where the fuck did they find this lot? Annual incredibly unfunny Meet The Candidates thing.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-9sEDe-eLvM&t=334s

Back on Wednesday 2nd October.

Details on the candidates. https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/g29202915/the-apprentice-2019-contestants-bbc-cast-candidates-announced/

lankyguy95

Nobody is less funny than Matt Edmondson.

seepage

They look computer-generated, and that Talk to Transformer thing has done the names. Ryan-Mark - what?

Puce Moment

Fucking hell - I assume he got well-paid for this 11 O'Clock Show shit.

imitationleather

Quote from: seepage on September 24, 2019, 03:28:00 PM
Ryan-Mark - what?

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/g29202915/the-apprentice-2019-contestants-bbc-cast-candidates-announced/?slide=12

"I am the epitome of luxury."

I guess double-barrelled surnames are a bit gauche now that so many footballers have them. These days class is all about a double-barrelled first name!

Cuellar

How is this still allowed to be broadcast? We've seen how this sort of thing radicalises populations.

imitationleather

One of the contestants is a librarian. Not criticising that noble profession, but aren't these people at the very least supposed to be pretending to be working in the world of business?

weekender

Nah, anyone can apply, they just have to go through a selection process that involves dealing with businessy-things (can you fuck up basic business tasks?), psychological tests (are you a vain mental cunt?) etc.

Jasha

I'd definitely nail the blonde

QuoteShe moved from the US to the UK in 2017

On second thoughts

Rev+

If the series had started just a few years earlier you'd be able to argue that Ryan-Mark was bred for this very occasion.  It's a guaranteed hate-watch right there, it's not like they don't know what they're doing.

Ryan-Mark looks like a worthy heir Baggs the Brand. Don't disappoint us, Ryan-Mark.

Blue Jam

Zhou Yuelong has let himself go.

Blue Jam

Quote"The less sight I have, the more imagination I gain, because what you see is what you see and what you don't see is when the magic begins."

Souleyman Bah is my favourite already.

Malcy

Get that womans wear advisor or whatever to fuck soon as. Face you'd never tire of slapping and a right pain in the arse. The Latina in the red dress is an early favourite.

Malcy

Lottie is a pain in the arse as well. I bet she worked in Yates's.

Blue Jam

Team Gangbanger vs Team Anus.

I think Camp Mark Selby may go far in this.

Lottie is a supervillian.

Blue Jam

Is Danny Baker writing for this again or is he still #CANCELLED?

Malcy

I never watch You're Fired but have tuned in. Not sure about this new host and having that Matt whatever on it isn't making me want to keep watching.

It was 50/50 on who was at fault. A couple more tickets would have got them the win but a £4-5 reduction on ticket cost to the team would have won them it as well.

Gurke and Hare

I have Lewis in our office sweep, so I was obviously furious with him for being the week one PM. Thought he was gone too.

I'd like to go on this, just so that when Sugar does one of his fucking awful cracks in the boardroom I can go "fucking hell" in an increasingly exasperated way.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 25, 2019, 09:46:19 AM

I know, you're probably not allowed to do this kind of thing anymore - it's shaming. I get that. But by choosing that suit, he's basically giving permission. Plus, he's obviously a terrible, terrible person.

Blue Jam

Sorry- earlier I was acting as if everyone knows who Zhou Yuelong is: he's a fellow wedding guest of Spider-Man and I really must stop mentioning snooker in non-snooker threads:

...anyway, I feel a bit less guilty now I know what a nob Mr Pillow Salesman up there is, even by Apprentice standards. Also he's deffo the Legend Gary of this series, and the Gary factor seems particularly high this year.

touchingcloth

Ryan Mark-Parsons' job is listed as a "Luxury Womenswear Consultant". Bet that involves wanking into catalogues.

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 25, 2019, 09:46:19 AM

Zhou Yuelong has let himself go.

Cockney Biff Tannen.

I'm about 30 seconds in and Ryan-Mark is already the greatest contestant in history. He holds his arms like a camp Mr. Burns. He'd better not get the axe.

Blue Jam

touchingcloth

Quotea fellow wedding guest of Spiderman

What

Ray Travez

I like how there's a big picture of the Gherkin on the wall of the house, to continue the suggestion that that's where the boardroom is situated, rather than a TV studio in West Acton.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 04, 2019, 05:33:49 AM
Ohmigod, it's wheels within wheels:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/apprentice-losers-hide-shows-secret-20381873

QuoteWhy not just film the walk out to the taxi when they actually get in it? It's not possible, because Lord Sugar's offices are miles away from the TV studio where The Apprentice is filmed.

What. Surely they're filmed walking out of the studio and never actually place a show near his offices in whatever shitehole industrial estate in Essex they're in.

I assume the entire first part of the season debut was faked. Why would they set up a crew to film a brief segment, fly them to South Africa, then fly then back to film more?

Fucking surprised you're going to South Africa are you? Are you?

holyzombiejesus

The Sun reports...

QuoteAPPRENTICE star Lottie Lion has been plunged into a racism row after telling Asian rival Lubna Farhan: "Shut up, Gandhi."

Librarian Lottie, 19, is also accused of bullying 33-year-old Lubna, whose parents are Pakistani.  They clashed on last week's first episode. A pal said: "They didn't get on but this was shocking and clearly a racist remark."

Posh Lottie warned Apprentice rival Lubna Farhan she would knock her out as tensions spilled over in a WhatsApp chat. The librarian told Lubna: "I'll f*** you up" and vowed: "Uppercut to the jaw and she's sorted".

Millions saw Lottie, 19, and Lubna, 33, in a fiery exchange when the BBC1 series returned last week.  And we can reveal they clashed on a candidates' group chat set up after filming for the pre-recorded shows had ended.

One row started after Lottie allegedly told others she had never spoken to a black person before.

Finance manager Lubna then posted a pic she apparently found on social media of Lottie with a pal.

She wrote: "I thought she said she never met 'a black person'?"

Lottie hit back: "Seriously f*** off Lubna before I f****** knock you out at our press training." Contestants are get such training before the show is screened.

Lottie also wrote: "Lubna I f****** swear if you disrespect me again I will f*** you up, you embarrassing failure of a businesswoman."

In another message, Lottie said: "Apologise on the group chat publicly, or I will f*** you up." In a separate clash Lubna wrote: "Sometimes people with a character are characterless." Lottie replied: "Shut up Ghandi (sic) that doesn't even make sense."

Mahatma Gandhi led the fight for Indian independence from Britain before his murder aged 78 in 1948.

A friend of a candidate found the comment racist and alerted The Sun on Sunday.

They said: "Lottie and Lubna did not get on but this was shocking. It was clearly a racist remark. No one said anything including Lubna, who ignored it and rose above it. But it is a pretty stupid thing to say on a group chat. It is way below the belt."

The comment has echoes of the 2007 Celebrity Big Brother row when Jade Goody referred to Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty as "Shilpa Poppadom".

Jade apologised amid thousands of complaints, and donated her fee to charity.

A TV industry insider said: "This is not a good look for Lottie. Everyone is bound to liken it to the Jade situation.  It may make it difficult for Lottie to get other work if this is deemed a racial insult."

A third row saw Lottie mock Lubna for apparently asking people on Instagram if she would make a good model. Lottie said: "I'm a payed (sic) model and you got voted 100% no."

Her rival replied: "I am new to Insta so was experimenting."

The show's youngest contestant Ryan-Mark Parsons, 19, chipped in saying: "Could become murderous." Lottie then said: "Nah doll, upper cut to the jaw and she's be sorted."

Lubna, from Luton, was brought up on a council estate. She said she lacked role models growing up so decided to become one. Both her parents were born in Pakistan. Lottie, from Somerset, describes herself as "very cut-throat" in her show application.

In Wednesday's first episode the pair were shown in South Africa where they pitched a wine-tasting tour around Cape Town. They bickered as their team won the task. Lottie was seen speaking over a local wine expert.

It led Lubna to say: "The whole point was to make notes and absorb the knowledge and Lottie kept interrupting and trying to take over."

Lottie cut in again as 34-year-old contestant Jemelin Artigas tried to give directions.  Lubna said: "Sorry can you let her finish please?  She's the sub-team leader and you keep interrupting."

Lottie snapped back: "I am contributing, not interrupting and you've just disrupted the entire group so don't be so rude." A show source said: "It was clear Lottie and Lubna were not going to be friends.

"They were like chalk and cheese. But it was even worse off camera, and Lubna avoided her as much as she could in the house. Lottie could be verbally aggressive, and fell out with a lot of people on the tasks.

"She may be young but she spoke to people as if she was the most experienced and knowledgeable person there sometimes. When they argued on WhatsApp, Lottie sent some of the messages to Lubna privately.

"But Lubna screen-shotted some and sent them to the group to expose what Lottie was like.  She felt bullied and threatened by Lottie.

"Lottie threatened to report Lubna to a guy on production, saying her messages to her were bad. So their rows were well-known to people who worked on the show, and nothing was done about them."

Our source added: "The candidates said the WhatsApp group was good fun and banter. But some left because they felt uncomfortable with what was going on.

"They did not want to be party to two people who clearly do not like each other squabbling. Some people on the show were perplexed as to why Lottie was even on there.

"She is very young and does not have much business experience and there was talk that her family had a connection to Lord Sugar. Lottie hinted at the link in the house but did not really elaborate, apparently."

We can reveal Lottie's dad, Dominique Lion, 55, is director of a company called Leaders for Business, which lists economists, tech experts and celebrity speakers on its website. A profile of Lord Sugar is listed alongside stars including Gary Lineker, Robbie Williams, Piers Morgan and Sir Bob Geldof.

A show source said: "It does not surprise me that there is some sort of connection there, however vague or old. Apprentice bosses know about this link, and that it may emerge, but Lord Sugar has so many business links it's not surprising he may know someone who runs a company like that.

"It looks like he may have dealt with the company a long time ago, and Lottie went through the same selection process as everyone else."

Lottie said last night: "I appreciate the messages sent between myself and Lubna could come across as offensive but they were intended as a joke and no offence was meant by them.

"With no context I ask individuals not to make judgment.  I wish Lubna the best and think she's an intelligent businesswoman with a fantastic future."

She also denied saying she had never spoken to a black person — despite Lubna mentioning it in a message. Lottie went on to claim that people were "making up stories" about her.

She denied claiming a family connection to Lord Sugar. Lubna declined to comment.

There's also some photos, one of Ghandi, another of Sugar pointing and one of Lottie in a bikini sitting n some rocks.

touchingcloth

QuoteSeriously fuck off Lubna before I fucking knock you out at our press training.

Gold.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 06, 2019, 11:22:10 AM
There's also some photos, one of Ghandi, another of Sugar pointing and one of Lottie in a bikini sitting n some rocks.

I hope the Gandhi photo is captioned "Shilpa Shetty".

I looked up Lottie's profile hoping for some elaboration on what exactly her job of "librarian" entails that would make her a good candidate for the show. Before you ask, I suspended my disbelief before doing so so that I could read the profile believing that the producers wanted candidates with at least a whiff of business acumen rather than just the biggest telly cunts.

Maybe she owns a library? Maybe she built one from scratch with her bare hands? Maybe she started an online library which delivers books to people who can't access a public library?

Nah, it just says "librarian".