Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Apprentice 2019

Started by Malcy, September 24, 2019, 12:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Quote from: dr beat on November 14, 2019, 10:30:30 AM
Yeah of course its entirely his own business how he butters his bread, but Pillahs seemed very liberated in that clip.

Totally contrived episode, and rather convenient that SurAlan had the final say.  Just seemed they wanted a better boardroom.  I thought the loser's was the better offering, I really liked their logo and slogan and the video board looked more professional.  The criticism that they were advertising Pride more than Finland itself seemed to be repeated a suspicious amount of times.  Honest question do Pride events differ greatly from country to country? To me it was a good idea to make the audience aware that they have a Helsinki Pride and then show a bit of the rest of the country.

I liked Pillahs referring to "our community"- I wondered if that was just him really, really getting into character. It did bother me that the pride flag was a bit wrong though- I know the original variant has a pink stripe but it isn't neon pink and it doesn't go in the middle:

https://www.pride.com/pride/2018/6/13/complete-guide-queer-pride-flags-0

I also thought the losing team's campaign was the better one by far. The logo was great, as was the "where Pride meets Joy" slogan, and with Finand being a liberal and tolerant country where you can be openly gay, go to Pride, drink loads and be hedonistic for a few days before chilling out and detoxing at a nice romatic spa retreat in the woods, the whole concept made total sense to me. A few more shots of forests and lakes and they might have won, them losing over that was very petty.

By contrast the other team's logo looked more like something you'd see on an Innocent Smoothie and as for backpackers as a target market, Finland isn't the cheapest destination and not ideal for any traveller on a tight budget. It made more sense to go for the Pink Pound and maybe an older, more affluent category of traveller, such a committed couple who would be more likely to go for a no-expenses-spared romantic break.

Also Finland in the summer can actually be pretty hot, or at least pleasantly warm compared to central and southern Europe. It should have been an easier sell than that.

touchingcloth

I enjoyed the more rapey flavour of Pillahs getting up in someone's personal space. 

"You've got lovely eyes dunt ya? Giz a kiss come on son you know you want it kiss me on the mahf pucker up fer Pillahs."

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 14, 2019, 11:50:52 AM
Have we had this one yet?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/apprentices-claude-littner-sparks-fury-for-suggesting-nurses-should-get-second-jobs-to-make-ends-a4285666.html

I can't say I'm surprised.

I got blocked by Claude after responding perfectly politely (if maybe a trifle sarcastically) to that tweet.

Karen looked very comfortable indeed with the Pride angle, didn't she?

Jim Bob

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 13, 2019, 10:20:32 PM
Quote from: touchingcloth on October 31, 2019, 11:03:06 AM
Does anyone else suspect that Mad Mag might be being played by a moderately prostheticised Steve Pemberton?

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 11, 2019, 03:27:44 PM
Reece Shearsmith, surely?

Nah, Pemberton. It's the round face and bum chin.

I finally figured it out. Ryan-Mark has the top half of Reece Shearsmith's head and the lower half of Steve Pemberton's face...

Blue Jam

Quote from: dr beat on November 14, 2019, 10:30:30 AM
Yeah of course its entirely his own business how he butters his bread, but Pillahs seemed very liberated in that clip

I've just remembered what Pillahs reminds me of: All those episodes of Don't Tell The Bride where the best man is a big hairy Legend Gary and is more than happy to accompany the groom dress shopping so he can model all the wedding dresses for him.

Blue Jam

kngen

Even gets the grocer's apostrophe in there.

Jasha

Unbeeped fuck on the beeb, Mail won't be happy in the morning.

Blue Jam

MadMag gone home for a barrrrth and some Champagne and some lounging around in his obscenely short bathrobe.

PILLAHS! PILLAHS! PILLAHS!

Blue Jam

Remixing a song next week, ohmigod...

PILLAHS doing vocals on a nice bit o'drill, please.

Blue Jam

The Librarian Of Death has been retweeting a lot of pro-Boris stuff today, including a tweet from that fake BBC FactCheck account or whatever it was. Quelle surprise.

touchingcloth

Where were the jugglahs in the end?

Lottie was a fucking maniac on that task. Trained in Michelin service? Make sure you place the glasses down just so on this clanking booze chug? Don't put your thousands of bottles of wine out on the tables?

And have none of these people heard of sale or return? Get thousands of wine boxes, return the ones you don't use and inflate the empty bags of the others and turn them into pillahs for Tommy.

Blue Jam

"Michelin Star trained" isn't a thing. I could see Snake Eyes was silver service trained though, carrying three plates at once, but that's because I too am silver service trained, thanks to me doing crappy part-time jobs as an undergrad. Nowt special about that.

touchingcloth

And how was Ryan a "with regret" firing?

And what the shit is a "womenswear consultant"? What does he do, tell people whether objects he sniffs are a pants or a bras?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 20, 2019, 10:11:25 PM
"Michelin Star trained" isn't a thing. I could see Snake Eyes was silver service trained though, carrying three plates at once, but that's because I too am silver service trained, thanks to me doing crappy part-time jobs as an undergrad. Nowt special about that.

Nah, I learned the three plate carry thanks to crappy jobs at GCSE age. Beat that.

touchingcloth

The concept of "luxury" really grinds my balls. Was their weird costumery luxury? Ryan looked like Ho was dressed as Prince John in Disney's Robin Hood. 

mjwilson

Every week I assume it has to be a double firing and every week I am disappointed.

Rolf Lundgren

Dean reminds me of so many people that I've worked with. Talk themselves up enthusiastically, overpromoted into management roles and too thick to realise they're thick.

bgmnts

To be fair though has anyone met a humble, competent good person in management?

Jim Bob

Quote from: bgmnts on November 21, 2019, 06:50:22 PM
To be fair though has anyone met a humble, competent good person in management?

Yes.

Jim Bob

Oh, wait... sorry... what?  Oh, no.  No is what I meant to say at all.  Silly little me, what a daft mistake.  No, good heavens no... no!

Pillahs has lost so many tasks because all of these tasks have bullshit made up winners chosen by the producers, including this train one.

EVEN THE PRODUCERS CAN'T STOP PILLAHS IN THE END.

The lady who ordered 44 bottles of alcohol for 15 people and a juggling act for a train ride should have been fired.

Jim Bob

Lord Sugar is only attracted to PILLAHS so much because he reminds him so much of himself.  Sugar can see that in 10-20 years time PILLAHS will have developed a shrivelled scrotum sack for a head too, just like him.  It really is quite the privilege to witness the rare sighting of the king mogul laying his spores within the host's spine.  Top marks BBC.  Planet Earth, move over.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on November 22, 2019, 01:21:36 AM
The lady who ordered 44 bottles of alcohol for 15 people and a juggling act for a train ride should have been fired.

Where were the jugglahs in the end? The string quartet played in the milling about bit before they boarded the train so I assume it would have been there if anywhere, but maybe they sacked it off and decided it wasn't worth a tenner each to juggle for twats in the end.

44 bottles is mental, though. I think I can half see the thought process - 15 people and the brief is to get them ratted, so a bottle per person will definitely do that - 15 bottles! Wait, what if they all drink red or all drink white? 15 red, 15 white! Wait, what if some of them drink an absolute fuck ton? 20 bottles of each for good measure! Oh, we need bubbly on arrival - 4 bottles should do it!

Still, mad.

kngen

I've really come to love Pillahs - he might just be my favourite ever Apprentice contestant. Seeing his wee face light up at anything from rollercoasters to string duos, or having a wee gay dance with his new pal - it's just joy upon joy. He's going to get fucking eviscerated in the interviews, isn't he?

Blue Jam

Quote from: kngen on November 22, 2019, 05:15:09 PM
I've really come to love Pillahs - he might just be my favourite ever Apprentice contestant. Seeing his wee face light up at anything from rollercoasters to string duos, or having a wee gay dance with his new pal - it's just joy upon joy.

He's the anti-Katie Hopkins.

Pillahs liked one of my tweets the other day. Life made.

mjwilson

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 22, 2019, 10:10:27 AM
Where were the jugglahs in the end? The string quartet played in the milling about bit before they boarded the train so I assume it would have been there if anywhere, but maybe they sacked it off and decided it wasn't worth a tenner each to juggle for twats in the end.

44 bottles is mental, though. I think I can half see the thought process - 15 people and the brief is to get them ratted, so a bottle per person will definitely do that - 15 bottles! Wait, what if they all drink red or all drink white? 15 red, 15 white! Wait, what if some of them drink an absolute fuck ton? 20 bottles of each for good measure! Oh, we need bubbly on arrival - 4 bottles should do it!

Still, mad.

Yeah but how many bottles did they get through? They looked like piss heads to me.