Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:59:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Apprentice 2019

Started by Malcy, September 24, 2019, 12:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Lottie wasn't on You're Fired, and they didn't even talk about the fact that she wasn't. Suspish - has the psycho been burning bridges?

Malcy

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 11, 2019, 10:33:02 PM
Lottie wasn't on You're Fired, and they didn't even talk about the fact that she wasn't. Suspish - has the psycho been burning bridges?

Banned by the BBC for her 'unacceptable comments'. Not allowed to participate in anything else Apprentice related.

Thought the interviews were quite tame this year. Even Lottie got let off a bit light. Enjoyed the Final Five episode last night more than tonight's.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Malcy on December 11, 2019, 10:37:24 PM
Banned by the BBC for her 'unacceptable comments'. Not allowed to participate in anything else Apprentice related.

Really? Which of her comments crossed the line?

Malcy

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 11, 2019, 11:16:06 PM
Really? Which of her comments crossed the line?

It was the whole "Shut up Ghandi" to one of the contestants debacle from a couple of months back. The BBC said they would investigate it and this is the outcome of it.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Malcy on December 11, 2019, 11:19:42 PM
It was the whole "Shut up Ghandi" to one of the contestants debacle from a couple of months back. The BBC said they would investigate it and this is the outcome of it.

Ah. So they kept her in all the bits they'd already filmed. Very principled.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 11, 2019, 11:34:06 PM
Ah. So they kept her in all the bits they'd already filmed. Very principled.

What were they going to do, take it off the air in the middle of the series? Then the racists have won.

mjwilson

I know it's fun to mock them at the interviews, but what's the point of letting people even enter if their business plan is so badly written that it's just going to get thrown out straight away?

"There aren't any numbers in this plan."
"In hindsight I realise that was a mistake."

touchingcloth

Quote from: QDRPHNC on December 12, 2019, 04:29:26 PM
What were they going to do, take it off the air in the middle of the series? Then the racists have won.

They should've reshot her scenes with Lupita Nyongo, or at least dubbed her voice like a Sinn Féin MP.

touchingcloth

Did anyone get what her business an actually was? I remember her saying it was something to do with "ladies of the countryside", which sounds like an old timey euphemism for crabs.

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 12, 2019, 11:26:18 PM
Did anyone get what her business an actually was? I remember her saying it was something to do with "ladies of the countryside", which sounds like an old timey euphemism for crabs.

She didn't have one. Most transparent attempt of all time to become Katie Hopkins 2.0.

Malcy

Thought the final was on tonight but it's Wednesday. Did it not used to be on a Sunday?

Alberon

Sports personality of the year on Sunday instead.

Capt.Midnight

They all looked fucking knackered in this episode. Did the BBC keep them awake all night to gain a heightened emotional response?

Jasha

When your business idea is a tour firm and not being able to locate your holiday destination on a map was always going to take some explaining.

touchingcloth

The FUCK is a recruitment business? Businesses recruit, that's how they get staff - is Scarlet's business a business which plans to hire people to help them hire people to help them hire people?

oy vey

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 18, 2019, 09:12:34 PM
The FUCK is a recruitment business? Businesses recruit, that's how they get staff - is Scarlet's business a business which plans to hire people to help them hire people to help them hire people?

Yep, more made-up middle-men bollox. I would have thought technology would have killed this kind of thing off but no. Not yet anyway.

p.s. Happy result for us sausage roll lovers.

Blue Jam

Lottie was picked last, quelle surprise

touchingcloth

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 18, 2019, 10:40:44 PM
Lottie was picked last, quelle surprise

The last picks were between Lottie and Ryan-Mark, and the way Carina said "Ryan-Mark" when she picked him I couldn't help but hear "Ryan-Mark...I guess".

Custard

I really, really fancy Scarlett and would like to give her a Christmas kiss

Such a nice woman, too. What was she doing there?

Though admittedly she went for the kill on her "mate" in the boardroom, there. That's my gal xxx

Malcy

Think Sugar made the right choice there. I thought Scarlett would win but half way through I knew she wouldn't.

You couldn't discuss serious business without being distracted by whatever her eyebrows are supposed to be.

Lasted 10 seconds of You're Fired. That presenter is a tight pain in the arse. First year i haven't watched the final edition of it.

Thomas was great in this episode too. Proper supportive and involved. Good bloke.

Custard

Quote from: Malcy on December 19, 2019, 01:08:13 AM

You couldn't discuss serious business without being distracted by whatever her eyebrows are supposed to be.

I'd lick 'em off

Boring season overall minus all of the scenes featuring Tommy Pillahs (the greatest contestant in Apprentice history), but the season was redeemed in the end by that insane empty garage car mime commercial.

Jasha

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 18, 2019, 10:49:20 PM
The last picks were between Lottie and Ryan-Mark, and the way Carina said "Ryan-Mark" when she picked him I couldn't help but hear "Ryan-Mark...I guess".

When gormless Dean seems a more attractive pick

Hat FM

i thought they did the final episode close to the transmission date way after the rest of the series. how come lottie was in it? maybe this has changed?

it was always gona be Carina. i think shugs looked at the other people he had taken on as his business partner and wanted something tangible that was out there for everyone to see.

Alberon

Pillahs, Ryan-Mark and the Librarian of Death were the only things keeping this series interesting.

It's time for a format change again. This second one has gone as far as it can.

This time fewer contestants perhaps, but their business plans are actually kept secret from Lord Shugs. Then whatever the plan of the winner of the first phase of the series has to be implemented with limited help from Sugar in the second half. Maybe staffed by some of the losers for the first six months...?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Alberon on December 20, 2019, 08:19:24 AM
Pillahs, Ryan-Mark and the Librarian of Death were the only things keeping this series interesting.

This series had the greatest contestant in Apprentice history and also the most hateable (though to be fair to Lottie I never saw the one with Katie Hopkins). That would have been enough for me- on top of that Ryan-Mark was a bonus.

Been following Pillahs on Twitter. He's now sold 30,000 pillahs and just signed a contract to be the supplier of pillahs to Hilton hotels, seems to be blagging a load of free stuff for promoting various brands and he's now got an agent. This has all worked out rather nicely for him. He'll be the real winner of this series, and not having to give away half his business to Lordsuralan will be the real prize.

touchingcloth

Pillahs has to being lined up for some form of Telly work. It's so easy to see him appearing in slots on The One Show, or Watchdog, or Homes Under the Pillah, or a Pillah in The Sun, or Don't Get Done Get Pillahs. I know yer Benedicts and yer McKellans and yer Walliamses all crave being picked to read one of the CBeebies' Bedtime Stories, but Pillahs could supply the god damn beds for the thing.

I'd be quite happy to see all of telly handed over to Pillahs. Light entertainment, the news, Embarassing Bodies, Crimewatch, Panorama. All Pillahs, always.

oy vey

He'll definitely get some offers. I recall James McQuillan from Series 5 on 8 out of 10 cats on the back of his comedic antics (he was shit on cats). Pillahs wipes the floor with him. I'd tune in to watch him host a shit reality show (I might regret saying that).

Blue Jam

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 20, 2019, 02:07:06 PMI know yer Benedicts and yer McKellans and yer Walliamses all crave being picked to read one of the CBeebies' Bedtime Stories, but Pillahs could supply the god damn beds for the thing.

Tommy The Turtle's Adventures In Pillahland

Apparently Pillahs turned down an offer to be in TOWIE a few years back. I have to wonder if he's been a bit shrewd here, thinking "I could get my mug on telly and who cares if I win, I'll just use my barrow boy charm to sell some pillahs..." but damn, I just can't be cynical about the living embodiment of Brilliant from The Fast Show.

I bet Lottie was banking on getting some sort of media career out of this- a Mail on Sunday column or an FHM shoot at least. Must be hard to realise you're actually less charming than Katie Hopkins. Don't worry Lottie, I'm sure you'll achieve your ultimate dream of being one of Boris Johnson's mistresses eventually.