Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:50:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Apprentice 2019

Started by Malcy, September 24, 2019, 12:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

This doesn't surprise me, I had thought she was trying to be the next Katie Hopkins.

touchingcloth

Who the fuck is Matt Edmondson, any why is he always on You're Fired? I don't think I've ever seen him on anything else.

Hat FM

please can SOMEONE tell me which comedy cartoon ryan-mark reminds me of? its tearing me up inside not being able to realise!

QDRPHNC

Malcy

Quote from: Hat FM on October 07, 2019, 02:09:47 PM
please can SOMEONE tell me which comedy cartoon ryan-mark reminds me of? its tearing me up inside not being able to realise!

I can picture a similar looking cartoon character but have no idea where from or how to even begin to search for an image.

NurseNugent

Murun Buchstansangur?

danielreal2k

Good to see Michael McIntyre's son being allowed to take part,  meanwhile Lottie the Lion makes Thatcher look like Owen Jones

Hat FM

Quote from: NurseNugent on October 07, 2019, 06:42:33 PM
Murun Buchstansangur?

haha! not quite. its this kid with a fringe and massive head. i get the feeling its an old advert for gob stoppers or something like that. a very red image.

he also looks a bit like a weird samir nasri (IMO).

I was greatly disappointed that Ryan-Mark actually seemed like the most competent person on the show in Episode 1. Hopefully not a trend (though it could at least get him to the interviews).

Puce Moment

Lads - I'm out!

Finally quit this shit. I have no patience or appetite for these utter worthless cunts anymore.....

Malcy

Hat FM

i think its quite sad that lottie is only on the show because the shows makers know that she is a little bitch and will be truly vilified and hated by the press and viewers. sad that this still goes on when there are apparent concerns over the mental health of contestants on these shows following the suicides of two (i think?) love island contestants.

those lollies the girls made were disgusting. duno what the boys team leader was doing bringing in two from the sub team. he was always gona go on that basis.

Blue Jam

?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 10, 2019, 03:29:27 PM

?

FUCK'S SAKE. NO SOONER DID THAT FACE APPEAR IN MY BRAIN AND MAKE ME RACE TO THIS THREAD TO POST IT THAN I GOT HANDED A (deserved) BAN FUCK'S SAKE

SAKE

Paul Calf

Why do all these fuckers go for 'premium, luxury'? Rich people are picky as fuck, there aren't many of them and they don't pay THAT much more. Is it just ego and vanity?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 11, 2019, 09:03:57 AM
Why do all these fuckers go for 'premium, luxury'? Rich people are picky as fuck, there aren't many of them and they don't pay THAT much more. Is it just ego and vanity?

To give them their dues, both teams only made the "premium" lollies for the corporate clients they had been paired up with by the producers (one of which looked like a strip club, the other of which was some plants in a pickup).

The real question should be "What. Who are these corporate clients who had a need for 90 ice lollies and are willing to pay £4 a pop? What on earth do they plan to do with that number of lollies?"

Paul Calf

They do oversell them at the first opportunity though: "Yeah, we can get you Ambrosia on a stick delivered to your door in a carriage of purest gold by Hermes himself for about £3 a pop. How's that sound?"

I know they're thick and that's the point but these fucksticks (har) have real influence on the aspirations and ambitions of Britain's cunt class. What kind of sub-Thatcherite chimeras are we spawning?

Hat FM

funny how young the two left in the boardroom this week were. 20 and 21 i think. as if they have a clue about business by that age.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Hat FM on October 11, 2019, 09:39:06 AM
funny how young the two left in the boardroom this week were. 20 and 21 i think. as if they have a clue about business by that age.

19 and 20! And there's Lottie the 19 year old librarian. Every season they abandon an extra layer of pretending like the show is in some way about business rather than just a Big Brother clone, even when you think there are no layers left to shed.

Blue Jam

I wouldn't be surprised if 100% of the candidates came to them via reality TV agencies now. There was that guy a few series back who was on Take Me Out first...

Hat FM

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 11, 2019, 12:40:41 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if 100% of the candidates came to them via reality TV agencies now. There was that guy a few series back who was on Take Me Out first...

might be the reason there are no fat people on the show. fat people can do a business right?

kngen

Could they not just have sprinkled some more glitter on the penispops? How long would that have taken? 10 minutes? I know the editing, etc, introduces narratives that aren't remotely accurate, but I'm starting to think there might actually be folk behind the scenes dissuading people from doing something sensible to rescue a situation. Dean should have gone because he didn't arrange a time for delivery, otherwise they would have had a time frame for doing a bit of triage on their luxury shite. Or, I dunno, maybe phoned them? 

Why am I taking this seriously? Tbh, I'm only still watching for the inevitable big row in the board room between Lottie Lebensraum and Basildon Biff Tannen.

Paul Calf

Is Lottie staying? Wasn't she embroiled in some racism row?

Tombola

Think this is the second series I'm missing, having given up after there were 2 winners that time, each one shitter than the other.

Shame, because the first few series are pretty good. It doesn't have to be this poor.

mjwilson

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 12, 2019, 02:10:55 PM
Is Lottie staying? Wasn't she embroiled in some racism row?

I don't see how they could edit her out of the episodes at this stage.

touchingcloth

Quote from: kngen on October 12, 2019, 02:08:59 PM
Could they not just have sprinkled some more glitter on the penispops? How long would that have taken? 10 minutes? I know the editing, etc, introduces narratives that aren't remotely accurate, but I'm starting to think there might actually be folk behind the scenes dissuading people from doing something sensible to rescue a situation. Dean should have gone because he didn't arrange a time for delivery, otherwise they would have had a time frame for doing a bit of triage on their luxury shite. Or, I dunno, maybe phoned them? 

Why am I taking this seriously? Tbh, I'm only still watching for the inevitable big row in the board room between Lottie Lebensraum and Basildon Biff Tannen.

The producers definitely Machiavelli the candidates all the way through the tasks. To be charitable for the appointment muck up, it's an odds-on certainty that the producers would have arranged the time and place of the initial meetings, so it'd be easy to assume that the same would happen for the follow up meeting. It's almost like sending the teams to South Africa for a task and then saying "oh, sorry, lads - did you not know you needed to book your return flights?"

Hat FM

also, when they got to the club to meet the women, someone working there called her straight away. they could have been waiting for ten minutes or they could have been waiting for three hours. the editing just didn't make it clear.

touchingcloth

"Hello. It's Producer here. Is bar woman about?"

"No. She isn't here and won't be for at least twenty minutes."

"Right, candidates. Get your shit together, we're off to bar."

Was it even a bar?

QDRPHNC

I am so sick of the word "passion", in both the Apprentice and in life.