Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:37:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shawshank Redemption

Started by lankyguy95, September 24, 2019, 05:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psmith

Don't get the love myself.I know it's fiction but there has to be some smattering of reality.
If you want a prison type film where our hero believably  gives two fingers to authority then watch The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner.

Replies From View

Quote from: bgmnts on September 26, 2019, 12:21:31 AM
It also nicks the "there's a part of you they can't cage" shit from Escape from Alcatraz and probably every cliche prison film ever.

Is it the cock?

OR AM I THINKING MORE OF CHICKEN RUN HAHA

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Psmith on September 26, 2019, 05:24:47 AM
Don't get the love myself.I know it's fiction but there has to be some smattering of reality.
If you want a prison type film where our hero believably  gives two fingers to authority then watch

The Breakfast Club

Replies From View

I used to like Shawshank Redemption at the time.  One of the VHS tapes I bought along with Good Morning Vietnam and Dead Poets Society thinking they were somehow highbrow.  I might have assumed it was part of a Robin Williams trilogy due to the way MVC were displaying them.

That's the strange thing about Shawshank Redemption - the air it had in the mid 90s of being somehow serious and clever.  Why did that happen?

Haven't seen it since then, though.  To be honest I had no idea it was still going on.

madhair60

As I sat on the roof and drank my cold beer I looked at Andy and thought, Andy is good. He done the get of beer for us child killers and rapists. He done us all a beer get that day. I hope he will get us a beer again on a other day of prison. I hope we will be able to sit on roof where see a car and think about drive. I hope. I hope. (credits)

madhair60

As stand in yard of prison and hear classical music record I look to sky and think Andy you done it again. Because am child killer I had not been allow to hear the classical music record in many year. We was talking about the rapes and murders we done then we heard the classical music record and all stops we pay tribute to Andy who has done us a good once more. I hope Andy will play a other classical music record again some day. I hope. I hope. (credits)

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Psmith on September 26, 2019, 05:24:47 AM

If you want a prison type film where our hero believably  gives two fingers to authority then watch The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner.

Cool Hand Luke when I'm 'ere.

madhair60

Nah I'm joking I quite like Shawshank. It's just a bit, you know, bit silly. Silly billy.

madhair60

Bit poo in the pants.

PAROLE BOARD: Are you rehabilitated then

RED: That's bullshit. I don't give a shit

PAROLE BOARD: we approve the release of this man

madhair60

TOMMY: By the way my old cellmate was your wife's real killer

ANDY: Oh great yeah seems convenient

TOMMY: It is. It is very convenient

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

TIM ROBBINS: Been in Priz for about 20 years now, so I have.

MORGAN FREEMAN: Why the fuck haven't you aged in the slightest, then?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

*crafty old Tim Robbins has broken into the head warden's office, and is playing a nice bit of Beethoven or Mozart or something over the prison's top tannoy system*

ALL THE HARDENED PRISONERS IN THE YARD AS ONE MAN: What the *fuck* is this fucking faggot music? What a load of fucking shit. We're trying to do some fucking work here.

*two unimpressed warders break into the office and properly beat the shit out of Tim Robbins, if not outright kill the daft cunt*

QDRPHNC

WARDEN: Your Bible is heavier at one end than the other.

ANDY: ...

WARDEN: Here is your Bible back. I already casually flipped through like 3 books this morning, arsed.

Gulftastic

Warden - 'We want to make Andy realise  that he can't fuck with us'
Guard - 'I'll strip his cell! That'll make him think twice'
Warden - 'No leave his cell alone. Especially the massive and inappropriate poster on his wall. Never touch that. Ever.'

QDRPHNC

INT. LAUNDRY STORAGE ROOM. DAY.

Several rapes become slower as ANDY DUFRESNE
plays classical music through speaker.

Gulftastic

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 26, 2019, 01:55:39 PM
INT. LAUNDRY STORAGE ROOM. DAY.

Several rapes become slower as ANDY DUFRESNE
plays classical music through speaker.

Imagine if he played the William Tell Overture instead.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

BOB GUNTON THE BADDY: Right, I've just had Tim Robbins' cellmate shot, like a proper villain, we'll have no more trouble from him.

RIGHT BAD WRONG 'UN WARDEN: Why don't you just have Tim Robbins killed, as well? He doesnae seem completely dim, and he might start to cause trouble for you, you could always get some other cunt to cook the books for ya, like.

BOB GUNTON THE BADDY: Ssssssh!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

TIM ROBBINS: *turning to camera* I'm supposed to spend 20 fucking years or whatever it is digging through fucking solid concrete with this tiny fucking hammer, and no fucker ever notices anything amiss? Honestly, what a load of old shit. It's a good job I'm banging Susan Sarandon, puts me in a right good mood, that does.

DIRECTOR OF FILM: Oi, pack that in!

TIM ROBBINS: Alright, alright.

madhair60

RED: Restroom break? Boss?

BOSS: You don't need to ask to use the restroom, just go.

(Later that night, Boss' gaff. Phone rings)

BOSS: Hello?

RED: Please can I have a wank

madhair60

ANDY: You either get busy livin', or get busy dyin'.

RED: (Pauses, squints, shakes head slightly, grimacing) What!?

Gulftastic

Andy 'We went there for a picnic and made love under that oak and I asked and she said yes. Promise me, Red. If you ever get out, find that spot. In the base of that wall, you'll find a rock that has no earthly business in a Maine hayfield. A piece of black, volcanic glass. There's something buried under it I want you to have..'

>Andy escapes<
>Red is released, goes to oak tree' looks under block of glass<

'Ewww....a used condom?? Fuck you, Andy.'

QDRPHNC

ANDY: "I didn't do it!"

RED: lol

ANDY: lol

QDRPHNC

WARDEN: Why are you digging at the wall there?

ANDY: I'm making a hole to fuck this poster later.

WARDEN: ok

Bad Ambassador

ANDY: you remmember the name of the place in mexico
RED: no fck

QDRPHNC

ANDY: I have some helpful tax advice.

GUARD: I am going to throw you off a building.

dr_christian_troy

NJ Uncut

Quote from: madhair60 on September 26, 2019, 01:31:45 PM
Bit poo in the pants.

PAROLE BOARD: Are you rehabilitated then

RED: That's bullshit. I don't give a shit

PAROLE BOARD: we approve the release of this man

No, I like that, cause the earlier rejection scenes are Red trying to bluff, saying what they WANT to hear

When they pass him it's clear he has given up, he has suffered, and he has paid his due - which is, in a word....rehabilitated

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

RED: You can escape into my hole any time you like, Andy.

ANDY: Fuck off.

RED: You can pour your dirt down my legs any time you like, Andy.

ANDY: Again, fuck off.

Sebastian Cobb

Andy: one single please driver
Bus driver: not until you've changed your clothes you dirty cunt.

greenman

Quote from: Gulftastic on September 26, 2019, 01:56:32 PM
Imagine if he played the William Tell Overture instead.

Holst's Mars.