Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:36:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shawshank Redemption

Started by lankyguy95, September 24, 2019, 05:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Theme tune from the Apprentice

kalowski

ANDY: This is a poster of Rita Hayworth

RED: Dig a hole

ANDY: Who is Bridgette Bardot?

madhair60

Quote from: NJ Uncut on September 26, 2019, 06:10:48 PM
No, I like that, cause the earlier rejection scenes are Red trying to bluff, saying what they WANT to hear

When they pass him it's clear he has given up, he has suffered, and he has paid his due - which is, in a word....rehabilitated

i take it all back the film is excellent.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

RED: You can redeem my Shawshank any time you like, Andy.

ANDY: GUARD!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: NJ Uncut on September 26, 2019, 06:10:48 PM
No, I like that, cause the earlier rejection scenes are Red trying to bluff, saying what they WANT to hear

When they pass him it's clear he has given up, he has suffered, and he has paid his due - which is, in a word....rehabilitated

I'm just posting to point out that this scene was massively ripped off in a scene from popular E4 telly Prog " My Mad Fat Diary" when the fat Spudgun from " Bottom" lookalike bird is in front of an interview panel trying to get into Posho Bristol Uni. She makes a cunt of herself, and calls the interview panel a bunch of snobby twats, but gets accepted anyways, cos of her plain- speaking derring- do, and cos she can give a very, very basic explanation of what " Hamlet" is about. It recently occurred to me that this bit of plotting is a direct reference /rip off of that scene, while I was in the middle of a grand old Diary Of Anne Frank later that same show, during a scene in which Her Who Plays Chloe is wearing a particularly skimpy outfit. Fair put me off me stroke, it did.