Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:57:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Noita

Started by Kryton, September 26, 2019, 10:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryton

Anyone playing this?

It's like Spelunky but everything is destructible. Every pixel belongs to a certain element (gas, stone, water, fire, goo, lava, acid, ice etc...) - The whole game just involves trying to get to the bottom of the level, dodging beasties and trying not to drown or get poisoned or blown up by explosive bees.

The thing is, the various elements all effect each other, so you can freeze a lake of water and run across, or drop water onto lava to form a crust or accidentally set off explosive gas which blows up half the cave, setting all the wood on fire which may then collapse, dropping you into a lake of polymorphic goo turning you into a sheep. All the while enemies are throwing bombs at you which sets off more chain reactions such as the cave falling down on you.

It's wonderfully addictive and looks great in an old-school way.

https://imgur.com/LFuvc9H

This is an amazing game which deserves more attention than this thread got, but I suppose it shows how dead this sub is.

PlanktonSideburns

wow this looks great!

Kryton

Still playing this. It's incredibly addictive. The mechanics are fantastic. It's weird, wonderful and full of surprises.
Just as much about luck than skill.

Here's me testing my new wand in a safe area free from enemies.
Probably the best wand I ever discovered but I stupidly forgot to check what the spells actually did.

https://imgur.com/a/xIdRJyr

Been getting back into this lately.

That jungle level is still proving to be my kryptonite, but I feel like I'm starting to find my feet now.
Those bullet sponge green spiders can do one.
I had a decent run a few days ago where I put together this really nice wand that was like a cross between a sniper rifle and fire hose.

Really love the pace, you can just relax and explore and then suddenly it's all kicking off!
Lovely dark mood to the whole thing, they haven't gone overboard with the atmospheric lighting so that it's annoying and hurting your eyes to try and see, just right.

I was looking through my screenshots and I can remember this, I was on fire, no potion bottles so I pelted down to the end of the stage so I could dip into the water and save myself, and look at the effing state, look at where I eventually burned to death!