Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:30:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Uncut Gems (Adam Sandler/A24/Safdie Brothers)

Started by up_the_hampipe, September 27, 2019, 10:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

This looks pretty good. A new anxious crime thriller from the Safdie Brothers, who were responsible for bringing out the best in Robert Pattinson with Good Time. This one stars Adam Sandler as a reet slezeball. Between this and his recent Netflix special, Sandler is on the road to redeeming himself. Here's the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTfJp2Ts9X8

SavageHedgehog

"Give me another chance!"; subtle there, Adam.

Looks fine.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on September 27, 2019, 10:43:30 AM
"Give me another chance!"; subtle there, Adam.

Looks fine.

There certainly seem to be plenty of tropes in the trailer. "That's my family!" "Get the kids out of the house!". But if it's done right, I don't care.

SavageHedgehog

I was more saying it feels like a subconscious way of trying to get audiences to watch a Sandler film given his current rock bottom reputation. Could be talking nonsense there though.

VelourSpirit

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on September 27, 2019, 01:46:32 PM
I was more saying it feels like a subconscious way of trying to get audiences to watch a Sandler film given his current rock bottom reputation. Could be talking nonsense there though.

Oh right. I'm sure it's coincidental, Sandler has dabbled in some good dramatic roles over the years.