Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:12:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Athletics

Started by Thursday, September 27, 2019, 05:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Thread for the 2019 Athletics World Championships in Qatar that's currently on the telly. Do what you will with it.

imitationleather

<Paging Graham Linehan to thread>

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Looking forward to finding out which ones we would HUMP

bgmnts

Can normies even shag athletes? Would our bodies cope?

Thursday

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 27, 2019, 06:02:35 PM
Looking forward to finding out which ones we would HUMP

Think I'd quite like to be swung around and thrown by some of the women doing the hammer.

Pranet

Does anyone have an opinion on this mixed sex relay they have now?

George Oscar Bluth II

Seen some of this for the first time. Poland sending off their two lads first and then seeing if the girls could hang on was top bantz, enjoyed it.

On the other hand, seeing it in an empty stadium is pretty bleak. It's completely empty. Oil money buys a lot but it can't buy full stadiums.

imitationleather

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on September 29, 2019, 09:51:40 PM
On the other hand, seeing it in an empty stadium is pretty bleak. It's completely empty. Oil money buys a lot but it can't buy full stadiums.

I'm feeling pretty hyped about the World Cup now.

Ferris

[tag]Billy Beane leaves thread confused[/tag]

buttgammon

Quote from: imitationleather on September 30, 2019, 12:24:21 AM
I'm feeling pretty hyped about the World Cup now.

The massaging of attendance figures will be fun. Official attendance: 85,000, but you can count all twelve people in the stands.

jobotic

Can't beat sport in the NMiddle East for money.

Watch a Moto GP in any European country, or even the USA and see the crowds. Then watch the opener in Qatar. No cunt there.

bgmnts

Are Muslims even allowed to like sport? Fuck knows.

Emma Raducanu

How come EVERYTHING is in Qatar now? It's totally fucking shit.

Thursday

Why even bother building full stadiums if they're not going to be able to fill them? Just build the track and a little wall around it and put out a few deck chairs.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It must be good fun having a huge stadium pretty much all to yourself though. I'd go and sit in the royal box if they let me, or maybe do circuits through the aisles at the same time as the athletes, see if you can beat them.

Thursday

Once I lived near High Barnet tube station and on my way back home late one night, I had not only a whole carriage to myself, but the carriages in front of and behind me were empty.

One of the most thrilling moments of my life, I wish I could be in the moment forever.

Ferris

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on September 30, 2019, 07:02:38 PM
It must be good fun having a huge stadium pretty much all to yourself though. I'd go and sit in the royal box if they let me, or maybe do circuits through the aisles at the same time as the athletes, see if you can beat them.

You get this at baseball games a lot if it's middle of the week and a crappy team is in town. It's very fun being in a huge, cavernous public building with all these facilities laid on for a couple of weirdos who bought cheap tickets last minute. Recommend.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The only downside to that would be having to actually watch a  baseball game.

Ferris

In every life, a little rain must fall.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Our shot put woman Sophie McKinna was extremely fat. Not really performance athlete/strongman fat, more darts fat.

Apparently that gets you 11th in the whole world though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Chinese shot put entrant is called GONG

Thursday

Well done to the two double-barreled surname ladies that got gold!

DrGreggles