Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,207
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:35:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Spitting Image

Started by olliebean, September 28, 2019, 08:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on September 29, 2020, 10:25:42 PM
I must admit the Corden puppet did make me laugh when I first saw it.

Why has Corden got a dead cat on his head?

idunnosomename

Cats?

Have to say I thought it was Caitlin Moran.

Blue Jam

pigamus

That's the only good one I've seen so far.

idunnosomename

I dont know who that is sadly

olliebean

A footballer, presumably.

Blue Jam

A former footballer...

If Kloppo is in it that's me sold. Going to get on that Britbox trial on Saturday.

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 30, 2020, 11:13:05 AM

I assume it's a nod to the Cheshire Cat, and Cordens shit eating grin..

Edit: Chveiks explanation makes more sense..

chveik

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 30, 2020, 11:13:05 AM

because he played in that awful Cats CGI musical

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 30, 2020, 11:46:42 AM
Cats?

Have to say I thought it was Caitlin Moran.

I just learned an hour ago that she pronounces her name Catlin.  Hat slightly fucked etc.  I'd never heard her name spoken out loud before.

Rizla

The SI Dominic Cummings has a hilarious twitter account - https://twitter.com/DomComms

So his thing is that he's the Mekon or some shit? 'mazing.

I watched a load of old eps last night and was laughing like fuck for loads of it, and pleasantly surprised at how vicious a lot of it still comes across, utterly disrespectful to everyone. Also an incredibly high gag rate. You can really see the money they spent making it too, superb production values, tons of little details and side gags. There's no way they'll come anywhere near it with this new stuff.

pigamus

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 30, 2020, 04:16:27 PM
I just learned an hour ago that she pronounces her name Catlin.  Hat slightly fucked etc.  I'd never heard her name spoken out loud before.

Well you can't be expected to know when people can't pronounce their own names.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Rizla on October 01, 2020, 11:24:12 PM
The SI Dominic Cummings has a hilarious twitter account - https://twitter.com/DomComms
oh dear

I watched a good chunk of an episode posted here the other day, there was the Tories (inc. Ken Baker as a slug) visiting a working-class voter and being "we can be as horrible as we want, these idiots still vote for us" that of course if you did today you'd be thrown in jail for woke virtue-signalling

Rizla

I can't be fucked trying to find it, but one old ep I watched had a fairly dry 30 second bit called something like "British Colonial History" a not particularly funny critical piece about Daniel Arep Moi the puppet president of Kenya, no puppets, just news footage, almost like an Adam Curtis thing. It was great.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Rizla on October 01, 2020, 11:24:12 PM

Ugh, there are better Dom Cum jokes grafittied on a wall round the corner from my flat. Retweeting SpecSavers. Ha ha ha ha ha. Going to report it as fake.

Cursus

olliebean

That's really poor. For comparison:

Absolutely nothing like him.

idunnosomename

I was going to say at least his tie is red but it fucking isnt

The haircut is good and thats the most important thing i guess

gilbertharding

More like it. (credit to @DurstApologist on twitter)

idunnosomename

thats just his real face on top of the puppet isnt it

the

A crucial element of a caricature puppet is how it comes across in motion, in three dimensions. A flat static photo is never going to make the caricatures come alive in the manner that they've been designed to.

gilbertharding

True, but the original Spitting Image just had them nodding their heads and jigging on the spot while their mouths flapped open and closed roughly in time with the speech.

The key to this (as with the original) will be in the writing. I am not holding my breath.

phantom_power

Why have they given him droopy eyebrows when he doesn't have them? They should have accentuated the forehead and given him those rabbit-in-the-headlights eyes. That would have looked more like him

Pancake

It was weak piss for boomer cunts then and it's weak piss for boomer cunts warmed up in the microwave now, I'm out

SavageHedgehog

I kind of liked it, but it would have been better if they'd cut most of Gove's dialogue.

lazarou

They have to be pretty pleased with themselves with how the timing worked out on this one: https://youtu.be/R3o0zY-Xyf0

idunnosomename

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on October 02, 2020, 10:22:05 PM
I kind of liked it, but it would have been better if they'd cut most of Gove's dialogue.
i get what you mean. the concept isnt bad but the actual writing of the dialogue isnt sharp enough to carry it

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: lazarou on October 02, 2020, 11:23:39 PM
They have to be pretty pleased with themselves with how the timing worked out on this one: https://youtu.be/R3o0zY-Xyf0

I liked that more than I expected to. I really liked the virus puppet.