Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:14:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boris Johnson, conflict of interest with Jennifer Arcuri? [split topic]

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 27, 2019, 08:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteGreater London Authority has referred Boris Johnson to Independent Office for Police Conduct so it can assess if it should investigate him for misconduct in public office - which would be a criminal offence. In connection to claims over Jennifer Arcuri...

https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1177661387881025537

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteAn oil company run by a major Tory donor who met with Boris Johnson has had a billion pound deal underwritten by the British taxpayer despite it being investigated by the Serious Fraud Office, The Independent can reveal.

Ayman Asfari, the chief executive of Petrofac, has given hundreds of thousands of pounds to the Conservatives over the past decade and held private meetings with the prime minister and other senior Tories to discuss the war in Syria.

Documents obtained by The Independent show that Mr Asfari met with Mr Johnson in August 2016, just a month after he began his controversial period as foreign secretary...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ayman-asfari-boris-johnson-tory-donor-oil-deal-syria-war-a9122136.html

When you click on the link, a small video of Boris Johnson autoplays so you may want to turn off your sound

BlodwynPig

Trumpian playbook those bits above. Teflon Don and Asbestos Boris

Johnny Yesno

Exclusive: Jennifer Arcuri won visa after Johnson backed firm

QuoteContacted by the Guardian, Arcuri broke her week-long silence to declare: "The stories you are writing are more and more false. These are fake news."

But when a reporter pointed out that government documents publicly available on the internet prove she was accepted on to the entrepreneur scheme months after Johnson promoted her business, asking her to clarify which part was false, she replied: "No comment."

That's the game, these days. Just lie and hope the journalist you're talking to hasn't done their job, which 9 out of 10 times you can probably rely on.

DrGreggles

steveh

Wrong thread.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: phantom_power on September 28, 2019, 11:06:48 AM
Boris appears to have smartened himself up a bit. Wonder why?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49794693

QuoteAll I can say is I am very proud of what we did as Mayor of London...

...particularly the bridge.

Blue Jam

phantom_power

I thought it was more someone said "you can look like a scruffy cunt when you are being lolboz bumbling fool but when you are trying to be hard and serious it undermines the message somewhat if you can't even tame your hair"

imitationleather

With his hair combed he looks absolutely ridiculous though. Like a ten year old public schoolboy in church on Sunday.

Buelligan

Odd really, I didn't think I could hate hair more than Johnson's.

And then I saw that picture.

Fucking hell, sometimes baldness really is the best option. 

Johnny Yesno

George Oscar Bluth II

Is there a word for giving £100k of public money and a publicly funded career leg-up to someone you're secretly banging?

Is it, possibly, a crime?

If any other politician had done this, would they have been forced to resign by now?

imitationleather

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on September 28, 2019, 05:50:11 PM
Is there a word for giving £100k of public money and a publicly funded career leg-up to someone you're secretly banging?

Prostitution?

Johnny Yesno

Phil_A

Quote from: imitationleather on September 28, 2019, 05:41:31 PM
With his hair combed he looks absolutely ridiculous though. Like a ten year old public schoolboy in church on Sunday.

It's like in Oor Wullie when he was forced to comb his hair for some reason.

Johnny Yesno

Buelligan

If any other politician had done this, would they have been forced to resign by now?

Take a small moment to imagine where we'd be if Corbyn or McDonnell tried any shit like this.  Yeah.

Or closing down parliament. 

Johnny Yesno

Ah, but Labour have to be held to a higher standard. It's what we expect from the tories. Even while the tories expect a higher standard from the public.

This is because of reasons.

Bently Sheds

It seems it's not just about "Daytime Technology Lessons" and getting a leg-up in exchange for a bunk-up. She held events with far-right speakers as guests, which were funded by tax-payer's money, thanks to Boz's interference:

https://twitter.com/nicktolhurst/status/1176839648406122497

Paul Calf

Remember 'We're not far right, we're alt-right'? Seems a long time ago now.

touchingcloth

Where did you hear that they were banging? All I've heard in the press is that she was someone who helped him to understand technology.

olliebean

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 29, 2019, 10:25:50 AM
Where did you hear that they were banging? All I've heard in the press is that she was someone who helped him to understand technology.

Plenty of stuff about this in the press today, here it is in The Times for example: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jennifer-arcuri-told-friends-of-affair-with-boris-johnson-h8m7wlpg2

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Buelligan on September 29, 2019, 07:30:33 AM
Take a small moment to imagine where we'd be if Corbyn or McDonnell tried any shit like this.  Yeah.

Or closing down parliament.

Anyone who has Tory/Brexiteer pals: the next time a story drops about Johnson's latest malfeasance, tell them the story exactly as it is but replace "Johnson" with "Corbyn" and see how they react.

Buelligan

And you know what's even weirder?  We all know there will be a next time.

imitationleather

When the cunt gets away with this free of any consequences I am going to be proper pissed off.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Buelligan on September 29, 2019, 05:06:13 PM
And you know what's even weirder?  We all know there will be a next time.

This is a man whose first notable public appearance was being harangued by Ian Hislop on HIGNFY for giving his pal the address of a journalist he wanted to beat up. When that's your introduction to the public there's really nowhere you can go lower is there.

Buelligan

U-hum, clearly, in this case, there was.  Lower than a jack russell even.