Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:45:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Boris Johnson, conflict of interest with Jennifer Arcuri? [split topic]

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 27, 2019, 08:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

I'd love to hear a tory, help our own before we dole out foreign aid to the kleptocracies died in the wool tory dimwit explain how this is appropriate. 

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe scandal over Boris Johnson's friendship with technology entrepreneur Jennifer Arcuri was reignited on Saturday after the Observer revealed that the independent police watchdog has delayed its announcement on whether the PM should face an investigation into possible criminal misconduct until after the election.

The decision prompted fury from Westminster politicians and London assembly members who said it appeared that a ruling had been "suppressed" in order to protect Johnson from potentially damaging headlines at a crucial stage of the election campaign.

In a private meeting held before parliament was dissolved last week, the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) officials agreed not to announce whether they were going to investigate "possible criminality" over allegations about a conflict of interest in Johnson's dealings while mayor of London with US businesswoman Jennifer Arcuri until after the election...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/09/boris-johnson-jennifer-arcuri-iopc-delay-announcement-investigation

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on October 31, 2019, 06:41:55 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50252635

QuoteThe Government Internal Audit Agency review found that Hacker House had not met one of the initial requirements that the amount of funding sought should "not exceed 50% of the lead applicant organisation's annual collective income".

The review also found that criminal record checks had not been carried out.

But because of the low number of applications, these initial requirements were waived.

The review concluded that "the assessment of eligibility and subsequent reduced grant award to Hacker House Ltd was appropriate".

Phew! That was close, eh?

BlodwynPig

Blue Jam

Anyone watch the interview with Arcuri on ITV? Don't bother. I lasted about ten minutes- it seems like Arcuri is definitely still squeeing over Boris. Urrrgghh.

BlodwynPig

Dr Rock

To make it clear, and to Mr Walnuts esp, this isn't over. TWO investigations into misconduct in a public office are still ongoing.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 20, 2019, 07:16:48 AM
To make it clear, and to Mr Walnuts esp, this isn't over. TWO investigations into misconduct in a public office are still ongoing.

JUSTGETONWITHIT