Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:01:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Boris Johnson, conflict of interest with Jennifer Arcuri? [split topic]

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 27, 2019, 08:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: Default to the negative on September 30, 2019, 08:11:51 PM
I wonder what sort of sick sex Boris Johnson enjoys. Is he a belligerent Bullingdon buggerer, or is he a submissive boarding school 'fag' who does as he's told?

I reckon he likes to be ridden. He'd probably just get out of breath and collapse if he was on top.

He's totally going to die shagging isn't he? Frankly I'd be disappointed if he didn't.

imitationleather

imitationleather

I never actually agreed to be kinder or gentler. That was some other guy!

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 30, 2019, 08:46:37 PM
I reckon he likes to be ridden. He'd probably just get out of breath and collapse if he was on top.

He's totally going to die shagging isn't he? Frankly I'd be disappointed if he didn't.

More likely to be auto-erotic asphyxiation, in the traditional Tory style. Swinging from the belt with the orange in the mouth.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Default to the negative on September 30, 2019, 04:59:13 PM
I can't get over the fact that Boris is the PM. As much as I'd disparaged the English, I still had faith that they would not let this happen. But then it did happen. How could you?

Stupid people think it's cool. Smart people think it's a joke. Also cool.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: gilbertharding on September 30, 2019, 05:09:59 PM
It must have been said before on here, but this, ALL of THIS, is utterly inconsequential. In fact, it's doing more harm than good.

Almost everyone on 'our side' (even if only nominally) is actually kicking the ball repeatedly into their own net by focusing on this stuff. To be fair, it's the media's fault. They're deciding what is being focused on.

Has no-one learned anything from the continued and continuing triumph of Trump?

It's corruption. What's wrong with focussing on that?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Default to the negative on September 30, 2019, 08:34:25 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/oct/23/just-boris-johnson-sonia-purnell

QuoteThe hair is fake. Could this be the most damaging revelation to come out of Sonia Purnell's new biography of Boris Johnson? On the very first page, she points out the artifice behind the country's most famous platinum blond. That unruly mop-top with its just-dragged-through-a-hedge aesthetic? There never was a hedge! His "famous dishevelled look" is about as natural as Jedward's quiff.

Boris, it transpires, has neat hair. There's even photographic evidence of him at Oxford looking like a vaguely albino version of Hugh Grant with Dan Dare's jawline. And, while Purnell has been exhaustive in her research, producing 433 pages of extensively annotated anecdotes and observations, and is largely even-handed in her treatment, there's little doubt that she believes that it's not just his hair that is hamming it up. The jolly BoJo of popular myth? Having worked with him, as the Daily Telegraph's No 2 in the Brussels bureau, she's sceptical: "I had observed that under a well-cultivated veneer of disorganisation lay not so much a streak of aspiration as a torrent of almost frightening focus and drive."

It was in Brussels, Purnell contends, that Boris became Boris. She met him as his star was rising. As he was forging his reputation as the scourge of Euro-loony legislation (another fake, says Purnell: he's always been secretly pro-Europe, she reckons), and as he was divorcing wife one, the Oxford beauty Allegra Mostyn-Owen, and about to marry wife two, Marina Wheeler, Purnell recalls Wheeler cornering her at a Brussels party and asking her what she really thought of Boris. "I think he is the most ruthless, ambitious person I have ever met," Purnell replied.

It's a verdict she says she sticks by and the book, despite its length, and some longueurs involving internecine City Hall wrangling, is a rollicking narrative because of the sheer number of people who seem to have queued up to say the same. "There is an inverse relationship," one former Telegraph colleague tells her. "The greater the proximity to Boris, the less you like him. If you just see him cracking jokes on Have I Got News for You, you think he's a great bloke. If you've worked with him or relied on him, it's a different matter."

This is the least surprising thing I've read about Johnson. So why couldn't Hislop and Merton see something so bleedin' obvious?

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 30, 2019, 09:22:59 PM
This is the least surprising thing I've read about Johnson. So why couldn't Hislop and Merton see something so bleedin' obvious?

They did see it. On that HIGNFY episode, Merton said, 'Boris, when I saw you backstage your hair was perfect, but now it's all messed up. Is it because you're playing up to a public image?'

So they did acknowledge that Bumbleboris is a facade. They just didn't care about it much, because at that time no one really thought he was a serious contender for Prime Minister.

idunnosomename

I didn't think that a year ago to be fair

Fuck me. Boris Johnson is prime minister

idunnosomename

Did anyone ever hear this Miles Jupp vehicle from 2015? Johnson ends up as PM then US president. Struck me as uncomfortably fawning to the cunt's legend at the time
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05vh1p4

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Default to the negative on September 30, 2019, 09:47:07 PM
They did see it. On that HIGNFY episode, Merton said, 'Boris, when I saw you backstage your hair was perfect, but now it's all messed up. Is it because you're playing up to a public image?'

So they did acknowledge that Bumbleboris is a facade. They just didn't care about it much, because at that time no one really thought he was a serious contender for Prime Minister.

It was obvious he was a fraud back when he used them to launch lolboris to get the London mayor gig.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 30, 2019, 09:20:05 PM
It's corruption. What's wrong with focussing on that?

No-one seems to be focusing on the corruption. It's 'lol shagger'.

Mind you, I doubt even if corruption was the prime focus, most people in this great country would be all like 'lol'.

Please, people from other more civilised countries, remember that not all of us are like this, and that the only people who voted for him to be prime minister were members of the Conservative Party.

Dr Rock

Whatever the people think, if there's a criminal case, he's in Ter-Rubble.

lipsink

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 30, 2019, 08:36:51 PM
love boris to slide down a drainpipe because hes so fucking fat it'd come off the wall and he'd fall off and break his spine on the coal shed hahaha

size of dem titties

God, how fucking calculated everything he does, says and wears to cultivate that LOLRANDOM/Crumbs! image. Isn't Boris hilarious with his wacky shorts! Is anyone still falling for his clown persona?

Cuellar

Replies From View

Quote from: Default to the negative on September 30, 2019, 08:51:57 PM
More likely to be auto-erotic asphyxiation, in the traditional Tory style. Swinging from the belt with the orange in the mouth.

Always the same orange, you know.  Passed on down the generations, from corpse to corpse.

Replies From View

How long before the bubble bursts for Johnson?  I was expecting him to have a brief honeymoon period before it all came crashing down, but we're experiencing some Trump-level "lol, never mind" stuff here, and revelations that would destroy most people's careers seem to be rinsing off effortlessly.

Are we doomed to be stuck with him after the next general election?

Cuellar

hamfist

Quote from: lipsink on October 01, 2019, 01:00:26 PM
God, how fucking calculated everything he does, says and wears to cultivate that LOLRANDOM/Crumbs! image. Isn't Boris hilarious with his wacky shorts! Is anyone still falling for his clown persona?

Nobody who actually runs, runs dressed like that.

imitationleather

I hate how they always dress him up in a 2012 Olympics shirt or a London Underground beanie hat. Just fuck off!

Dr Rock

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/06/boris-johnson-jennifer-arcuri-london-assembly-summons

QuoteBoris Johnson could be forced to hand over any private text messages and emails he sent to the US technology entrepreneur with whom he has denied an improper relationship – or face prison.

The prime minister has until Tuesday to respond to a summons from the London assembly to provide details of his relationship with Jennifer Arcuri, an entrepreneur whose relationship with Johnson is the subject of several inquiries.

Len Duvall, chair of the London assembly GLA oversight committee, wrote to Johnson on 24 September giving him two weeks to provide information about the relationship.

BlodwynPig

or face prison

or face prison

or face prison

fuck off clickbait media, he won't face any consequence

Replies From View

Can't he just delete all the text messages or emails?  What does it mean for him to "hand over" electronic exchanges?

sevendaughters

Quote from: Replies From View on October 06, 2019, 01:01:32 PM
Can't he just delete all the text messages or emails?  What does it mean for him to "hand over" electronic exchanges?

without reading the particulars (depressing story, will amount to nothing) I guess he communicated this obvious misdeed through official channels and all such communications are public domain and subject to scrutiny, you can't just go deleting them willy-nilly after you write something.

DrGreggles

Replies From View

Quote from: sevendaughters on October 06, 2019, 01:21:46 PM
without reading the particulars (depressing story, will amount to nothing) I guess he communicated this obvious misdeed through official channels and all such communications are public domain and subject to scrutiny, you can't just go deleting them willy-nilly after you write something.

How is he expected to "hand them over", then?

metaltax

Quote from: Replies From View on October 07, 2019, 08:02:38 AM
How is he expected to "hand them over", then?

Presumably, if they're a matter of public record, then the first step is to ask for him to hand them over and, if that's not possible (because he's deleted them), then you can take appropriate action from there.