Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,472
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:29:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"And don't forget to put your cocks back."

Started by imitationleather, March 26, 2005, 10:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

No, it's not a thread about Jimmy Hill. The Now/Next feature on Teletext has just informed me that British Summer Time starts tonight, so don't forget to reset your clocks.

Also, could someone tell me whether they're meant to go forward or back? I'm clueless.

Shade

Quote from: "imitationleather"

Also, could someone tell me whether they're meant to go forward or back? I'm clueless.

Not sure but either way, I'm pretty sure I'm losing a few hours of sleep.

imitationleather

Alison Graham & Co. say it's an hour forwards.

Darrell

Quote from: "Cambrian Times"Spring forward, Fall back.

Or as my mum helpfully puts it, 'Spring forward, autumn fall'.

Much like my grandma's identification of the comedy double act 'Mel and Smith',

Smackhead Kangaroo

hmmm I realised it was summer the day before yesterday. When it was warm and smelt nostalgic.

TraceyQ

I realised the weather was improving when I saw my first Chav in shorts and trainers, with his T shirt off, walking across the town square.

Pinball

Ambient Sheep

I think he probably knew that.  Although the more correct "cocks forward" would have been more amusing, perhaps.

imitationleather

Pah, I was quoting how Jimmy Hill once signed off an edition of Match of the Day.

You lot are useless!

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "imitationleather"Pah, I was quoting how Jimmy Hill once signed off an edition of Match of the Day.  You lot are useless!
<Marvin> Ah, football.  No wonder. </Marvin>

:-)

Suttonpubcrawl

I usually rely on my computer to tell me when the clocks are changing, and what they're changing to. This year it did it but didn't tell me!

Leila

Quote from: "Smackhead Kangaroo"hmmm I realised it was summer the day before yesterday. When it was warm and smelt nostalgic.

I was outside a few minutes ago and I got that smell.

If only they could bottle it.

Leila

When I was a nipper I was confused by the phrase "the clocks are going back". I concluded that there was a law that everyone had to take their clocks back to the shop they bought it in for a yearly check up. Clocks are important so this made perfect sense to me at the time.

JesusAndYourBush

When I was a kid and encountered putting the clocks forward for the first time I was a bit sceptical of the idea.  I didn't have a watch at that age and so looked at the clock on the cooker to see what time it was.
The previous day my mum told me about the clocks going forward and tried to explain to me why it happened.  My dad probably chimed in with something about the farmers, which would have just confused me (it still does).

So, the next morning I got up early as I often did, and put the tv on.  I looked at the clock on the cooker to see what time it was, and comparing what was listed in the radio times with what time it said on the clock I realised the clock was wrong.  I then turned the clock back an hour so it read the correct time, and concluded my parents had been talking bollocks about putting the clocks forward.

Years later I realised that my mum and my dad must have both put the clock forward an hour.

bresker

Don't forget to check your smoke alarms, too. Unless you are a cunt, which most of you are. I don't care if the cunts asphyxiate.

fanny splendid

Ah, Australians and smoke alarms. Never a good mix.

Almost Yearly

Woman on radio 2 just said, "if we're to play Good Cock ..." instead of cop, just as I was reading this.

imitationleather

I'm still slightly offended that some people would honestly think I just took the L away from "clock" for a cheap laugh. Come on, I'm the new Noel Fielding!

TraceyQ

imitationleather

It's getting on for 7pm and it's still light! Oh yes, this is what it's all about.

EDIT: It must be silly season, a thread about putting the clocks forward has got a second page. I reckon it's because PT's away.

Leila

Quote from: "bresker"Don't forget to check your smoke alarms, too. Unless you are a cunt, which most of you are. I don't care if the cunts asphyxiate.

Yes, everyone should check their smoke alarms. If you don't have one bloody buy one.

My boyfriend was sharing a house with a Norweigan woman who would get really angry if he ever locked the front door as she once had to jump out of 1st floor window the from a burning building, due to the front door being locked. Despite her clearly traumatic experience there was no smoke alarm in this  house and I had to march my boyfriend down to the diy shop to purchase one.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "TraceyQ"More like Noel Gordon.
<splutters>