Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:44:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

RuPaul's Drag Race UK

Started by Blue Jam, October 01, 2019, 11:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Enjoyed a fair few of the runway looks but not sure what they had to do with Bond if I'm honest! Especially Liza Minnelli.

Did think Baga Chipz's weird goblin/duck creature in the challenge was funny though.

GMTV

Probably slightly misquoting, but "three boobs, zero fucks" cracked me up

Blinder Data

I'm glad the two non-Drag Queens are out early doors. But the competition isn't particularly strong - it looks like it's between Bagga Chipz and The Vivienne right now. Perhaps that will change but the others need to step it up.

Blue Jam

^^^ I've got to agree with all of that, but maybe Sum Ting Wong is in the running too. Also, as the biggest name among this year's queens, I expected Cheryl Hole to be a lot more polished, as it is she doesn't look like a frontrunner at all.

New episode at 8pm tonight...

Cuellar

Yeah I think Sum Ting Wong is pretty solid. Often overlooked though.

I refuse to watch this show because some of those drag queens are pretty hot. Makes me feel all confused in myself.

Blue Jam

Raven doing a Scouse accent. Ledge.

Blue Jam

Loved The Vivienne squashing her nose upwards with a pair of tights and going "ARE YOU LOCAL?"

Jake Thingray

Just me that can no longer say the words much betta without a Baga Chipz impersonation?

Annoying that shes a tory has been decent on the show

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Awww, I liked Sum Ting Wong but 100% of all David Attenborough impersonations can fuck the fuck off.

How the fuck did Stacey Dooley get on this? Or indeed anything?

Blue Jam

Quote from: StewartLeehaslethimselfgo on October 23, 2019, 09:20:50 PM
Just me that can no longer say the words much betta without a Baga Chipz impersonation?

Annoying that shes a tory has been decent on the show

Her Thatcher was great, like a human Spitting Image puppet, but part of me suspected that it wasn't entirely unaffectionate.

Still The Vivienne FTW for me. CHYNA!

Cuellar

Felt bad for Sum Ting Wong - her lipsync was better I thought, but yes her Attenborough was weak. Should have done Nigella. The Vivienne's Trump was very good - fuck sight better than Alec Baldwin.

They're all pretty unlikeable though, aren't they? Divina isn't bad, and Cheryl Hole seems jolly enough, but The Vivienne and Baga Chipz seem pretty miserable sorts.

PowerButchi

Divina's the most likable by a country mile for me. Hope she takes home all the marbles.

Clownbaby

I'm enjoying Drag Race for the first time in a couple years with this series. I love The Vivienne. Do a Kim Woodburn impression that good and you have my unwavering support. I pure fancy Crystal

Blue Jam

"Cheryl is killing this challenge...

FEWMIN'!"

Oh The Vivienne, I love you.

Blue Jam

The Vivienne vs Crystal? Oh fuck off, that's not fair. I love The Vivienne and I thought Crystal's "Ascot meets club kid runway" look with "the most ghastly floral print I could find" was the best.

Next week: "Oh fooch off" go The Vivienne

PowerButchi

Blue Jam

Baga Chipz's rap included the lyric "The lady's not for turning".

I don't know about you, but I'm not entirely convinced by Baga's protests that she isn't a raging Tory and a massive Thatcher fangirl.

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 01, 2019, 11:32:19 AM
Baga Chipz's rap included the lyric "The lady's not for turning".

I don't know about you, but I'm not entirely convinced by Baga's protests that she isn't a raging Tory and a massive Thatcher fangirl.

She was saying vote blue as recent as 2017, shes defo a tory. I think her saying she met Corbyn at pink news last week and he was alright was just covering her arse as most people who watch Ru Paul will be left leaning anti tory

Annoying because shes the funniest on it and I've gone off the Vivenne now shes being too cocky in it and this weeks ep revealing she went to private school, shows where her overconfidence comes from

Blinder Data

That was the best episode yet. Looks like the Viv's confidence has been knocked and she's out to see off the competitors directly rather than rise above them like some relentless drag queen machine.

Divina is the most loveable so I hope she wins. Could be Bagga though, they're loving her it seems, even if she is a raging Tory.

The sooner Blue fucks off the better - she masks her lack of charm and experience with a bitchy harshness which I find wearisome.

Clownbaby

Aye Viv is starting to piss me off with the smugness which is a shame cause she's talented in most areas. Blu radiates an unpleasantness I can't put my finger on and I keep forgetting about Cheryl. She's not particularly bad, she's not particularly good, that's sometimes worse than being one or the other. Looks a bit plain even in the makeup, mannerisms feel very borrowed from other queens, runway looks aren't BIG enough and often just look a bit too much like a real, slaggy woman on a night out  rather than the eyecatching and distorted drag version it could have been. Sad to see lovely Crystal go but I think she did struggle a bit with characterisation so I saw it coming I suppose. My favourite to win is Divina not only cause she's well-rounded and charming but cause she actually seems to be thoughtful and not totally above taking advice for a queen who's been doing it longer than the rest of them

Clownbaby

Anyone else think Blu's Mary Berry was actually a bit shite? I don't mind a cheap laugh and fair play to her, cheap laughs are better than none but Christ

alan nagsworth

Fuck, I keep forgetting to check here and post about Drag Race! Blue Jam you should be sending me letterbombs at this point in time, no excuse mate, sort my life out

Quote from: Clownbaby on November 03, 2019, 12:15:23 AM
Anyone else think Blu's Mary Berry was actually a bit shite? I don't mind a cheap laugh and fair play to her, cheap laughs are better than none but Christ

Yes. I also thought her makeup for that impersonation was the wrong side of ghastly - like a cheap halloween mask.

Blu is talented though, and genuinely funny when she wants to be, but she's clearly very insecure and intimidated and overwhelmed by everything, as she's spent a lot of her short career in a place where the drag scene is extremely scarce and now she's in a room full of equally enormous personalities and she obviously wants to live up to preconceived expectations of herself in this competition. Like, being a shady bitch and all that, but she's overdoing it. I don't think she's naturally unpleasant and I hope she tones it down if she stays in the competition. I loved her eyeball runway look and her library reads were great.

The Vivienne is clearly the most seasoned mother hen personality and holds a position in the workroom not all too dissimilar from Bianca Del Rio: constructive but catty. But it doesn't quite carry as pleasantly with The Vivienne for some reason. Bianca's venom always came immediately from a place of love and I still think she's probably the greatest and most deserving winner the show's ever had due largely in part to this. The Vivienne is top three material for sure but she's let herself down, not only this week but also with her GMO runway look which was half-baked shite from the chest down.

My favourite two right now are Baga and Divina without a doubt. Divina is absolutely lovely and that's always gonna steal my heart, and despite Baga's Tory leaning, she does seem to be holding quite a fair bit of ground in terms of her funny personality and her diverse talents as a performer and on the runway. Not always perfect, but her abilities are broad. She knows how to play the game pretty well.

I'm enjoying this season a fair amount and last week's girl group episode was easily the best of the lot so far. Fucking great from start to finish.

Cuellar

I really enjoyed the little cuts to the team watching the other team's performance. Just sat there in full get up making little comments.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Cuellar on November 05, 2019, 11:29:29 AM
I really enjoyed the little cuts to the team watching the other team's performance. Just sat there in full get up making little comments.

I always love the makeover challenges for this, too. When you get a bunch of macho jocks or the queens' mothers/sisters sat backstage all completely clobbered up to the nines rooting for their gals. It's quite surreal but it's ace.

Clownbaby

With Drag Race it always amazes me how dramatically my opinion of each queen changes week after week. I'm sure this is very intentional and they frame it this way in editing. Divina needs to turn down the bitterness after that display, christ. I like her but that was bleaty and unpleasant . Also was not taken with the advert or the runway look. Weak week for DDC I think. And she had been my favourite to win. I'm sure she'll get back focused on herself and stop fixating on wether not her competitors ''appreciate'' her though. Why would you need to be appreciated by your competitors anyway?

I thought they were a bit hard on Baga's ad, the repulsive, dead-eyed burp at the end was perfect and it beamed with grotesque hot mess energy, which is the Baga Chipz brand exactly. I did like the barbs from Michelle Visage to Cheryl neè Cole neè Fernandez-Versini now Tweedy again but it's just Cheryl now, purely because I've always hated her and think she's crap and I honestly can't comprehend how such a bland, insincere, averagely-talented celebrity could touch someone's life and inspire them so much but it was sweet to see Hole so chuffed to meet her idol

Blue Jam

Cracking episode. I don't think I've laughed as often or as hard at any Drag Race episode before. Drag Race UK pisses on the US original from a great height... and we're going to get a second series, yay!

"Foochin' 'ell gerl, chill out!"

Yes, that was ugly behaviour from DDC and I still foochin' love The Vivienne. I know I'm biased but camp Scouseness is always going to be a winner for me.

Drag makeover challenge next week, that's usually the best one, can't wait.

The Vivienne is the best contestant because they do a Jiminy Glick laugh on occasion.