Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brick Laying

Started by bgmnts, October 02, 2019, 01:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhdQvpKZfBc

Anyone here a bricklayer or interested in brick laying?

If so, there seem to be tournaments and you can win power tools AND money!

Sebastian Cobb

Waste of time, you're going to be up against professionals who do price work for a living.

gilbertharding

I'd like a go at laying bricks. The trouble is, I've been an architectural technician for 20 years, so while I've never, actually, laid a brick, I have a very finely tuned sense of what a good (and a shit) job looks like. I'm sure I could build a wall - it's not rocket science - but it would take me four times as long, and it would look terrible to anyone who knew anything about it.

One of the reasons I hate going to Chartwell is because it is full of tory arseholes looking at the paintings Winston Churchill did, and the brick wall Winston Churchill built, and saying 'Oh! Winston Churchill was also a really good painter, and a really good bricklayer!' - when in fact he was pretty shit at both things.

Being able to impress stupid people is not much of an achievement. He should have stuck to opposing appeasement in the 1930s, and being Prime Minister between 1940 and 1945 - the only things he was good at.