Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:31:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's the sweetest, most lovable film you've ever seen?

Started by Small Man Big Horse, October 05, 2019, 01:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Just thought of the bloody lovely Educating Rita

So, Educating Rita

Emma Raducanu

Anyone mentioned to be and to have yet?

Relentlessly sweet and brought a tear to my eyes.

black_betty

If no one's said Harvey yet, then Harvey. Otherwise, Harvey.

Dr Rock

Having just seen Stan & Ollie, that. Also Babe. And even Splash!.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 12, 2019, 10:52:02 AM
Having just seen Stan & Ollie, that. Also Babe. And even Splash!.

I don't think he was ever called Splash.

Deanjam

alan nagsworth

Thanks to the couple of folk in here who suggested Linda, Linda, Linda. Watched it the other night with a bad hangover and thought it was wonderful. I have a lot of time for films in which not very much happens and the characters don't massively exude any sort of big defining personality traits and yet somehow you are just completely enamoured by the whole thing for two hours. It is a happy film and it made me really happy. A proper artistic success.

Last night I watched Homeward Bound (that's the third time I've watched it this year) and Babe. Homeward Bound is one of my all-time favourite films. As someone who empathises more with animals I've never met than most people that I know very well, the "mild peril" of a fucking cat caught in a nasty current and hurtling off a goddamn waterfall is certainly not "mild" at all. That film makes me bawl my eyes out every single time I watch it. Gut-wrenching stuff. Shadow and Peter's relationship, I swear in the first five fucking minutes of the film when they're playing with the basketball and Shadow says "You're my boy, Peter, and I love you" I am already getting choked up.

Babe is a weird film. All the American accents that are slightly half-arsed British. The dark and somber feel to a large portion of it. It's quite strange and surreal at times. But despite this, it is a good film. The big theme song is great and when the farmer is dancing round the living room it's hard not to feel something. That scene is beautiful.

Icehaven

Know it's already been mention but definitely Local Hero.

Emma Raducanu

And it's also been mentioned but another vote for the animation 'Illusionist'

Dr Rock

Dex Sawash

Not really a film and I think CaB hates it but I like Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog a lot

chveik

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 25, 2019, 10:45:17 PM
Not really a film and I think CaB hates it but I like Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog a lot

yeah it's good

Neomod

Comfort and Joy

It's not been mentioned yet and is one of my favourite Christmas films.  A lovable cast and although it's set in a wintry festive Glasgow it always leaves me with a warm feeling inside.

chveik