Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:29:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"True" paranormal suggestions

Started by oy vey, October 06, 2019, 10:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oy vey

As the saying goes, I don't believe in ghosts but I'm afraid of them. Seeing as it's pumpkin season could you kindly add your suggestions for decent documentary series, one-offs, youtube links, etc.

I'm aware of Top 5s on YT - it has it's moments. The likes of Most Haunted annoys me because nothing happens. A few years ago I saw a documentary called Ghosts Caught on Tape and it had a section showing strips of wood ripping themselves off half-built walls in a house on CCTV. That sort of thing. I'm looking to proper freak myself out (perhaps Mrs Oy and definitely my sister). I'm happy to open it up to teleportation, ufos, creatures, misc weird shit.

BlodwynPig

Dex Sawash

Sebastian Cobb

I saw some ghost hunter thing on vice recently, but they didn't find shit. Mightve been that abandoned mall thing actually.

oy vey

The ghost hunter stuff* doesn't work for me. Too much "let's shit each other up and hope something creepy happens". MH is just an unemployable tv host walking around empty buildings with a schizophrenic. Then there's the reconstruction/x-files music sub-genre. (Don't) see Haunted North America on Amazon Prime as an example.

Has anyone matched Arthur C. Clarke's World of Strange Powers?

*Avoiding the word shtick.

You might like some of Dan Bell's videos on YouTube that verge into the spooky/paranormal.

It's not like the ghost hunter shows though, he never sees anything. It's more about exploring eerie abandoned places.

touchingcloth

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on October 06, 2019, 09:57:45 PM
You might like some of Dan Bell's videos on YouTube that verge into the spooky/paranormal.

It's not like the ghost hunter shows though, he never sees anything. It's more about exploring eerie abandoned places.

The meat factory one is close to the bone

oy vey

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 06, 2019, 10:02:31 PM
The meat factory one is close to the bone

I did get a semi but it might also be touchingcloth. Unexplained I guess.

Deanjam

This youtube channel I subscribe to has a bunch of documentaries, many of which are of a paranormal bent. Might be worth a browse.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3_WamCQSQbP6weftHQkRVA/videos

Deanjam

BlodwynPig

The Nimoy ones...always just a bear in a cloak

oy vey

Great links. The Nimoy ones are like listening to old vinyl and/or dropping acid. Doc Spot is great. Dan Bell is good if a little tantric. 10/10 for suspense though.