Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:05:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mr. Robot - Season 4

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, October 07, 2019, 06:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Started back on tonight. Anyone watching?

Elliot has only gone and won an Oscar since the last season aired.

A+ first episode.

NJ Uncut

Holy shit forgot about this

Have liked each season less than the last, but since I adored season one I'm still interested.

Will watch it the night

Phil_A

The last season was very frustrating in how it kept dropping hints of fantastical elements (time travel, parallel worlds, etc) but then pulling back and not revealing anything. I know the writers are aware of this and it's all a bit of a game with audience expectations but it's annoying nonetheless.

At least this is the final season so the suspense isn't going to be dragged out forever a la Lost.

NJ Uncut

I really didn't like them showing Trump, to make it meta. I watch TV to ESCAPE the real world! But other than that, it was genuinely cringeworthy IMO

Also Angela... Find her irritating, though her character is probably meant to be a zombie who can't emote, so.. But season three ended with her, basically, believing in time travel. So er.. It's a hard road back to finding her relatable (I say this as someone who's lost a parent. It goes beyond the character.. Think it's illogical, stupid, the performance is not enjoyable, and I'm prepared to watch the payoff but I feel like it's in Lost territory)

The drug dealer ex dude returning hopefully harkens back to a return to season one's roots. Though I don't know how, they've pushed it pretty far. And Elliot like, taking on individuals again, is a step down. Meaning... I dunno.

Jeez, really talking myself out of caring.

chveik

fuck off, Lost was great, this is just somewhat enjoyable garbage

NJ Uncut

The final season of Lost was not great.

And look where we are with Senor Roboto

phantom_power

That was a fucking great episode, right out of the gate.

The show has sort of lost its way as it has gone on but, like Legion, it looks and sounds so fantastic that it is still great to watch. Saying that, after this opener I am confident it can nail the final season and wrap the story up

NJ Uncut

Oh wow, it's great! I got what I wanted basically! it's tighter and dark and fun again

Anyone need me to ahem, compulsively upload?

phantom_power

Did anyone get fooled by the fake-out ending?

NJ Uncut

Quote from: phantom_power on October 08, 2019, 08:51:41 PM
Did anyone get fooled by the fake-out ending?

Well I didn't expect it and thought it was cool, though no, I didn't fear for his life.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 08, 2019, 09:01:51 PM
Well I didn't expect it and thought it was cool, though no, I didn't fear for his life.

That.

Also quite liked how calm the taxidermist was while threatening Dom.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 08, 2019, 09:03:32 PM
That.

Also quite liked how calm the taxidermist was while threatening Dom.

She was great, didn't see that coming either!

I'LL SLIT HER FROM MOUTH TO CUNT = line of the episode

So uh, what about the drug dealer who came back at the end of season 3? Is he the reason Darlene is on drugs?

NJ Uncut

Has everyone seen the subliminal message?

Also saw a good guess at episode titles.

401 Unauthorized

402 Payment Required

403 Forbidden

404 Not Found

-------
And LOOK AT THE PAINTING

phantom_power

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 08, 2019, 09:05:56 PM
She was great, didn't see that coming either!

I'LL SLIT HER FROM MOUTH TO CUNT = line of the episode

So uh, what about the drug dealer who came back at the end of season 3? Is he the reason Darlene is on drugs?

Darlene is on drugs because she is wracked with guilt about Angela's death and fucking up Dom's life and all the shit that went down in the barn at the end of last season

phantom_power

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 08, 2019, 09:11:34 PM
Has everyone seen the subliminal message?

Also saw a good guess at episode titles.

401 Unauthorized

402 Payment Required

403 Forbidden

404 Not Found

-------
And LOOK AT THE PAINTING

Subliminal message? I did see that a bottle of wine at Dom's house is dated 2017 when the show is supposed to be set at the end of 2015

phantom_power

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 08, 2019, 09:01:51 PM

I meant that it cut to credits and came back again. Some people might have switched off before it came back

NJ Uncut

Quote from: phantom_power on October 08, 2019, 09:21:49 PM
Darlene is on drugs because she is wracked with guilt about Angela's death and fucking up Dom's life and all the shit that went down in the barn at the end of last season

Well yeah but what happened to that dude who came back from season 1? Maybe we find Elliot iced him or somethin

Quote from: phantom_power on October 08, 2019, 09:22:37 PM
Subliminal message? I did see that a bottle of wine at Dom's house is dated 2017 when the show is supposed to be set at the end of 2015

Clicky for somebody else's paused screen on a quick flash during Elliot rememberences (remember the photo he's meant to have gotten?)

https://i.imgur.com/JUVotOq.png

chveik

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 08, 2019, 09:25:41 PM
Well yeah but what happened to that dude who came back from season 1? Maybe we find Elliot iced him or somethin

he's in the next episode

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: phantom_power on October 08, 2019, 09:22:37 PM

There was a little nod to Sun Microsystems in one of the scenes. I like stuff like that.

phantom_power

I saw the subliminal frame and got the gist without seeing exactly what it was, and then saw the image on reddit

Zero percent chance Angela is actually dead. It would just be too weird to film it this way. (Unless they are double-faking us.) If not, then it suggests she is working with White Rose for some reason.

The taxidermist woman was the best part, I genuinely did not see it coming and that actress was great.

phantom_power

She is definitely dead. They filmed it like that because it was a great directorial flourish from Sam Esmail, Phillip Price walking away while ripping off his wire with it all going on in a blur in the background. It is the catalyst for this season it seems so it would be a bit empty if it was a fake-out

NJ Uncut

Aye, so far it seems to be the main motivational thrust behind Elliot remaining in his cocoon of focus, Darlene's mad druggy paranoid guilt and what looks like Price saving and teaming up with Elliot.

There's no way she's a replicant

phantom_power

Why would they stage her being shot in the head like that with only Price as a witness if it was a fake-out anyway? Surely they would do it where at least Darlene or Elliott could see. It was as much a warning as a punishment

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 09, 2019, 07:06:21 AM
Aye, so far it seems to be the main motivational thrust behind Elliot remaining in his cocoon of focus, Darlene's mad druggy paranoid guilt and what looks like Price saving and teaming up with Elliot.

There's no way she's a replicant

Did price save him? I thought the near-death OD was the warning shot White Rose's moody assistant talked her into giving.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 09, 2019, 11:00:39 AM
Did price save him? I thought the near-death OD was the warning shot White Rose's moody assistant talked her into giving.

Price turned up there and sprayed something into Elliot's nose which is what brings him round. And I think it was a murder attempt as Elliot is dying, seeing his life flash before him and the fade out. Bit weird why they didn't just shoot him, but suppose a drug overdose would get handwaved by the authorities.

Fella giving the injection was Esmail! Who says Goodbye Friend

phantom_power

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 09, 2019, 11:00:39 AM

I thought the warning shot was the photo of Angela. I think maybe the OD and resuscitation was just a big baller move: Look how much power we have over you

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 09, 2019, 12:13:00 PM
Price turned up there and sprayed something into Elliot's nose which is what brings him round. And I think it was a murder attempt as Elliot is dying, seeing his life flash before him and the fade out. Bit weird why they didn't just shoot him, but suppose a drug overdose would get handwaved by the authorities.

Fella giving the injection was Esmail! Who says Goodbye Friend

Oh, I was a bit mashed and thought the guys with Price were the guys that dosed him (I know price wasn't there at first). Might watch it again.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 09, 2019, 01:23:19 PM
Oh, I was a bit mashed and thought the guys with Price were the guys that dosed him (I know price wasn't there at first). Might watch it again.

Hang on, you might be right.

Which means it is a power play.. By Price! As they're his goons.

So it's not a warning from White Rose. It's Price either scaring Elliot, or tricking him.

Fuckin complex this. Would explain why its drugs they can bring him back from rather than just shooting him though.

phantom_power

I am pretty sure is is the same goons with Price as what killed him (including Sam Esmail). I think it is a statement of intent. I control your life. I can kill you and revive you at will. I chose to revive you. Now you must believe what I am about to say