Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,473
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:35:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mr. Robot - Season 4

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, October 07, 2019, 06:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: phantom_power on December 03, 2019, 06:25:19 AM
They were too busy spiriting Zhiang away after murdering someone in public to worry about Elliott

IRL they would have immediately captured him and tortured him until he released the $100 trillion he had just stolen from them.

phantom_power

They were bodyguards. They were protecting their employee. Only Zhiang saw Elliott and didn't say anything before he was spirited away. I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility for this to happen amid the confusion of him shooting someone in public

Mobius

Hated the most recent episode.

Last one next week!

phantom_power

There are two more to go I think

Puce Moment

I have been incredibly impressed by the way they have done these final episodes. Instead of tossing out some 'wrap up' episodes they have been giving each one a strong theme quite different from the rest of the series.

phantom_power

The only thing I didn't like was meeting that bloke at the airport. It was a bit too convenient and his "oh the dark army don't give a shit about you any more" just deflated the tension in quite a lazy way. Great title for a book though, and his "yeah, that was fun" line reminded me what a good character he was

Puce Moment

Quote from: phantom_power on December 10, 2019, 03:43:29 PMThe only thing I didn't like was meeting that bloke at the airport. It was a bit too convenient and his "oh the dark army don't give a shit about you any more" just deflated the tension in quite a lazy way. Great title for a book though, and his "yeah, that was fun" line reminded me what a good character he was

Yes, I should have mentioned that. If that really was a complete coincidence, and not set-up, or a dream, or fantasy, then it was a frankly quite ridiculous bit of plotting. Communicating to the character that she and her family are no longer under threat could have been acheieved so much better. Although I did like how he described the murder of the Fed as 'fun'.

So White Rose have gone to the Congo to travel to another dimension to plunder?

phantom_power

I was waiting for it to turn out to be a paranoid fantasy but, no

Puce Moment

Quote from: phantom_power on December 10, 2019, 10:20:18 PMI was waiting for it to turn out to be a paranoid fantasy but, no

Or was it? AHHHHHHHHH!

Sebastian Cobb

I enjoyed this episode but also found it really fucking frustrating.

They never actually showed the seat next to Dom did they? That's a tease innit?

The bookstore bit was actual bollocks.

I don't think there was supposed to be any ambiguity at the end. To me it was a well earned emotional payoff if there was no ambiguity, because the point was that Dom finally stepped outside of her blinkers and was able to fall asleep, and Darlene was finally able to accept being by herself.

Haha, loving Yuppie Elliot. Which way are we headed here, sci-fi?

Puce Moment

When this started, and the reveal of the imagined Father twist was revealed, I just assumed it was just going to be a hacker themed TV series with an anti-corporate edge relating to the historical deaths.

I don't know if they always knew they were going this way with its alternate reality, dimension hopping, much more expansive SF storyline, but they really are leaving it right to the end to commit to it, which is surprising but fun.

End of season 2-parter next week.

Sebastian Cobb

Is anyone else having problems getting this to appear on a Fire TV? Episode 11 is seemingly available on web, but it's not appearing in the episode list on my Fire TV.

NVM, after rebooting and trying to get at it through my watchlist I fast forwarded the last episode to the end and it autoplayed it. Cache of shit.

Puce Moment

Have you tried illegally downloading it from a torrent site like Piratebay? Really good quality and free.

Sebastian Cobb

No need because I fixed it, do keep up.

I did not like the yuppie Flliot sequence and thought it went on far too long. The bits with Elliot and White Rose were great though.

There's some interesting theories on the Mr Robot subreddit. One of them being that this is the 6th iteration of this stuff, like the Matrix reloaded and that Elliot may well be a vision and split personality of Flliot. Part of this is due to there being a proggaming bug called an 'Alderson Loop'

Alderson loop is a rare slang or jargon term for an infinite loop where there is an exit condition available, but inaccessible in the current implementation of the code, typically due to programmer's error. These are most common and visible while debugging user interface code.

The term allegedly received its name from a programmer who had coded a modal dialog box in Microsoft Access without either an OK or Cancel button, thereby disabling the entire program whenever the box came up.[3]

phantom_power

A theory entirely predicated on the use of the letter E and then F?

Puce Moment

About go to in for the double final! I assume it'll be a bit batshit - although if it ends with 'hey which Elliot has survived?' then I will be disappointed with such a hackneyed doppelganger trope.

phantom_power

I thought that was a thoroughly satisfying finale that was seeded throughout the show without us knowing and pretty much summed up the themes and ideas of the show, and even pulled off the "it was all a dream" thing without being shit