Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:08:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What brief glimpses of happiness did you have today?

Started by NJ Uncut, October 07, 2019, 07:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJ Uncut

Walked into my fav curry house with Big Oil dollars in my pocket and boom, first day of a new early bird menu and there's me with money. Five courses.

What? I never claimed to be complex.

Anyone else smiled the day? Any day. Don't close this tomorrow, admin

bgmnts

I don't have a job or oil or dollars or friends or a life, the capacity to be happy or even have a good sleep, happiness is hard to come by.

I DID, however, laugh a little at Bob Mortimer's Neil Hunt on the latest Athletico Mince; specifically this line:

QuoteI'm Neil fucking Hunt, the greatest nonsense potter to have walked these fucking lonely streets, and you sir are the biggest fucking fraud in this shitty kingdom, take this as your notice to fuck off!

Cuellar

NJ Uncut

I am glad for your laughter, BagoMints, and hope it was surely rollicking!

Also you Cuellar. May your enemy suffer long and true. On jagged rocks.

.... Might not offer commentary on every single entry, like.

bgmnts

I'm not, I have a Gervaisian laugh and it irritates me.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: bgmnts on October 07, 2019, 07:39:17 PM
I'm not, I have a Gervaisian laugh and it irritates me.

If it helps, BogMantis, I am laughing at you right now!

That's not untrue. Might go the Spoons in a bit, need to bring myself down.

chveik

holyzombiejesus

Someone slagged me off on a Discogs forum for being 'envious' and then I saw he was trying to sell a Paloma Faith LP for £400 and had only sold 120 things in a decade.

Buelligan

Day off.  Woke up feeling alright ten minutes before the alarm.  Got all my chores done in great time.  Went to shops and smiled at everyone, people in the Tabac Presse were discussing me and being very kind.  Paid for my stuff in the big shop and it came out quite a bit less than I'd expected and the assistant said hello in a genuinely friendly way (it wasn't the candle guy).  Picked some lovely flowers, mostly zinnias, from my garden and arranged them very pleasingly.  Accidentally stabbed myself quite hard with a screwdriver but it hardly hurt at all.  Pretty much a result.

Oh, and a fantastic baked potato just now.

Spoon of Ploff

i think i may have seen someone laughing as i drove out the the Bobbing Apple hotel carpark this morning... but i can't be certain.

weekender

Legal stuff, can't talk about it.  Spent two hours after I'd got home doing all sorts of legal stuff.

Pressing the 'Submit' button knowing that I'm basically a cunt operating a cannon in the direction of useless twats made me smile.

I also bought some pile cream from a random chemist on the way home and wow that's helped, my arse was BURNING.

Buelligan

Fed some kittens, not even lying.  Really small fluffy wobbly ones.

Kryton

NJ Uncut

Fuckin hell I pay for my curry, bash a troll, come back and bossness is starting to fill it

Any cat stuff immediately wins, I have had a catless day, but that won't last, not with my attitude

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 07, 2019, 07:41:16 PM
I'll give it 10 pages.

I gave it 2!

Thanks Mr Admin.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Cuellar

Sorry, I lied. No enemies came to grief. No glimpses at all, today. A big NOTHING, like yesterday, and as tomorrow will be.

Deyv

So the charity shop I volunteer at had a dress stolen, the manager put up a post about it on the shop facebook page. A kind lady left a comment offering to pay for it to make up for the thieving scum who snatched it. She came in this morning and paid for it, and donated a hundred pounds as well. Everyone was more than a little chuffed.

NJ Uncut

Twit 2

First hour of my day is filled with suicidal thoughts and/or of quitting my job and/or making some outlandish and self-destructive complete life change. Drudge through the day. Post idly on CaB. I'll smoke weed in the shed later, whilst hating the fact that I still do this but not wanting to face sobriety or prescription meds. Nothing has been nice today, at best it's been tolerable. Still, TOMORROW'S ANOTHER DAY.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Deyv on October 07, 2019, 08:08:38 PM
So the charity shop I volunteer at had a dress stolen, the manager put up a post about it on the shop facebook page. A kind lady left a comment offering to pay for it to make up for the thieving scum who snatched it. She came in this morning and paid for it, and donated a hundred pounds as well. Everyone was more than a little chuffed.

That's fucking boss that. Needs singled out. Love it.

New Jack Approved ®

All we need now is the thief to either fall to a miserable, squalid death, or own up and chip in their very selves. (I suppose the latter would be more fitting)

Inspector Norse

People at work laughed at a joke I made. It's the way I tell 'em.

weekender

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 07, 2019, 07:59:09 PM
Fuckin hell I pay for my curry, bash a troll, come back and bossness is starting to fill it

Any cat stuff immediately wins, I have had a catless day, but that won't last, not with my attitude

I gave it 2!

Thanks Mr Admin.

I give it 5-6 pages unless there's a flounce, in which case I reckon it could get up to 7.

NJ Uncut

Rizla

I had a gig which started at 9am which involved playing to a load of belgian coca-cola sales reps on a boat out to Inchcolm island in the Forth, a place i've always wanted to visit. Got to have a quick jolly round the island, saw the abbey and the ww2 gun emplacements, also saw a load of seals, including one on a wee mini-island covered in garden gnomes. Can't quite believe I got paid for that, it was boss.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Inspector Norse on October 07, 2019, 08:16:31 PM
I clicked past this picture on Google:

I'd give almost anything to be that enamoured by salad

What did it click through to? Dark Web E dealers?