Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,492
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:21:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What brief glimpses of happiness did you have today?

Started by NJ Uncut, October 07, 2019, 07:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 26, 2019, 02:52:51 AM
Bojack mate. First half of the final season just dropped. If you wanna get into it, you've got till the end of January to soak up the lot and believe me it's worth it.

ok, grabbed the first season- this'll be nice for my commute. cheers!

Buelligan

Autumn is the season when the kaki trees come into their own.  The leaves turn every soft apricot and fire, jaundice lime and hope.  Hung with naked tender ripeness against the blue, milked with just a dash of winter's sorrow.  And so it was this morning in the sacred silence of a bird's song.

Mater Dei, exaudi orationem meam

PlanktonSideburns

Taking my nephew and niece down a mine tomorrow, but for fun reasons, not sad reasons like in the bad old days

Got the electric blanket out, which is probably one of my favourite things that I have

buttgammon

Intended on getting quite high and then proceeded to get really REALLY high.

Ferris

NJ Uncut

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 28, 2019, 01:01:33 AM
Taught my son to clap.

Clap. Clap. Clap.

Very good!

Cute! Did you applaud him? :)

Had an OK day, another ex came oot the woodwork to basically Whatsapp me her latest problems so I've just been doing the cool, "I'm rooting for you" thing I do for friends in need.

Sort of nice it's been a decade and I'm still her go to, even if the particulars aren't particularly happy

Quote from: buttgammon on October 28, 2019, 12:15:30 AM
Intended on getting quite high and then proceeded to get really REALLY high.

Afroman's heart "not in it" for difficult follow-up single.

Buelligan

I'm quite (very) interested in the First World War.  Small snippets of ordinary lives rather than the big sweeps and big names.  Anyway, I had this lovely postcard that was sent from France by a soldier in the trenches, home, to his (I imagined) father.  It was very tender, genuinely and touchingly loving, especially given the ways of that time.  Today I discovered that he survived the whole war which made me feel really glad.

madhair60

This is very silly and self-indulgent but somebody put up the complete 68 issue run of Oink! comic on eBay the other day, and in a fit of madness I "Bought It Now". I just got an email saying the comics are coming in three big parcels, and I got very excited for big presents full of Oink! comic. :) :) :)

Ferris

Got asked to apply for that internal promotion I've been working on for about 6 years. Have to do an interview and all that.

Bricking it now. If I get it, I live the Big Boss life. If I don't, I'm stuck in the middle management deso zone.

Buelligan

Yeah, but you'll still have a little boy that knows how to clap and your real life to live.  Once you can put food on the table, none of the rest matters.  Not really.

Remembering that is what will keep your flame of happiness alive.  You can have all the names on the door in some forgettable organisation in the world but, as far as real happiness goes, it don't mean shit baby.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 29, 2019, 04:41:42 PM
Got asked to apply for that internal promotion I've been working on for about 6 years. Have to do an interview and all that.

Bricking it now. If I get it, I live the Big Boss life. If I don't, I'm stuck in the middle management deso zone.

If you don't, you have experience going for the Big Boss role and know what they're looking for, and possibly even dampen sour grapes if you jump ship to do it elsewhere (fuck me now that's a mixed metaphor)

But as kind Buelligan sez almost, work's work, you work to live, and I already admire you for having your priorities sorted!

Ferris

This is all true, but I'll be able to give him a far better quality of life. More outdoor space, interesting trips, visits to family etc etc so it is still stressful to make sure I get it. I don't give a shit for what it means to me, I'm only doing it for my family.

If I get this, I can essentially clock out of the rat race and drift along with minimal effort. No more late nights, no more hard work, no more weekend stress. It'll be a big upgrade in quality of life for me and mine - I'll be able to radically shift my priorities away from work towards everything else. I'm really pleased they've asked me to apply (that usually means the fix is in), but I could still mess it up. We shall see.

Appreciate the good wishes!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The thought of a dog haplessly wandering over a cliff edge.

QDRPHNC

Good luck, FWB!

As for me, I suppose I didn't die on a chimney, so there's that.

Buelligan

I went for my works health insurance medical and the man told me I was super fit and I didn't die from a chimney (although the day's not over yet).

bgmnts

Off down Kent tomorrow to spend a day with a lovely lady.
Expect me posting heavily in this thread tomorrow.

NJ Uncut

Aww, my ex called via WhatsApp in total misery about something, and it turned into three hours of laughter, after her calling me in breathless panic

She's just.. Troubled. Take that as a metaphor for whatever, you probably won't be far off. Has no, like, compulsion to lead an unproblematic life.

But it good to get her to a good place again, and she made me happy, in that way people who know you supremely well can.

But most of all I'm happy because it's a bridge between 25 year old Jack and this new, wartorn Uncut me, she's dipped in and out during my family deaths so it wasn't awkward, and it's been really nice to just have several hours of making eachother laugh, because it's like I haven't lost anything over the years at all.

Yeah, I'm happy. She's a sweet kid. I feel congruent. My past isn't all tragic. Some of it's pretty brilliant, and I'm glad I got to connect again with some of it, when my default mode is to put as much space between now and then as possible.

... Should've just told her to fuck right off

Buelligan

Nice.

I've got to go right now two minutes ago to work but I just got a pic of a friend's sister's wedding happening now in Ireland, burlesque and vegan, yeah, emailed to me.  Bride looking amazing with a truly revolutionary maid of honour and quite a few older relatives looking like they've just touched down from somewhere completely else.  Made me laugh like an owl.

Small Man Big Horse

That's a great post NJ, how many pictures of shoes did you send her?

Yesterday I mentioned on Facebook my new found love for coffee now that I'm a working man, only for a friend to send me a coffee maker and some rather expensive granules via Amazon which was all kinds of lovely of him, when I see him next I'm going to do my very best to stick my tongue down his throat.

Head Gardener

finding this 78 from around 1924 in a box of old tat

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 30, 2019, 05:32:22 PM
That's a great post NJ, how many pictures of shoes did you send her?

One, but it was more a picture of a cat i met in which my shoes were visible.

See, that's how you do it!

Today's glimpse of happiness was a colleague gluing a pen to my desk and asking to borrow a pen.

1 2 3 4 I declared a PRANK WAR

He begged out of the war a scarce ten minutes later but as I informed him, prank war has no pity, spares no man and I above all just wish it could be some other way., but as a mere mortal I cannot second-say the way things are, for prank war never changes, and may very well be eternal to the human condition

Anywho, two other colleagues got the hump with his japery and yada yada yada he has to fight it on three fronts now. I brook no mercy.

Tomorrow is going to be a glorious day!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

It was confirmed that I have been completely cut off from my family, thus putting me in the position of being totally independent!
( But don't worry, readers- you can " depend" on me to be a totally unfunny, self- regarding almost miraculously immature to the point of actually being  retarded cunt!)
Mind you, quite a few of me Fall CDs are still at me mum's gaff, that's a bit worrying.

bgmnts

I had breakfast in bed made for me by someone I spent the night with.

Was borderline in tears at the gesture.

PlanktonSideburns

bgmnts

Scramby egg on toast with a dolce gusto coffee thing.

PlanktonSideburns

nephew and nice visited,

plugged in two drum machines,

one making heavy metal drumsounds

one making farm animal noises

gave them sticks and ran out of the room

the resulting din was astounding

imitationleather

Quote from: bgmnts on October 31, 2019, 05:47:02 PM
I had breakfast in bed made for me by someone I spent the night with.

Was borderline in tears at the gesture.

You in intensive care or wot?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain