Author Topic: What brief glimpses of happiness did you have today?  (Read 9938 times)

PlanktonSideburns

• be outta here in a jiffy
Re: What brief glimpses of happiness did you have today?
« Reply #270 on: November 06, 2019, 03:20:03 PM »
can we have a list of the pranks so far, to cheer us up & give us ideas in our own cubicle farms?

I'm waiting for a vintage tape-recorder I found on ebay... seller wouldn't send it out of the US but that's ok because my mate mikey lives in NJ so they can post it to him & he can flick it on to me.
the thing set off from a mere ten miles down the road, mikey saying "that's where my folks live.... if I'd known...." etcetera, but too late, USPS have got it. that was two weeks ago.
tracking data (for which thank fuckery) says it's at or just leaving the big USPS depot nearest mikey, which is in philly (a town I know well.)

Love it

anyway, the USPS website refers to one's item these days as "mailpiece", all one word like that. the FAQs include "where is my mailpiece?".

Love it

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #271 on: November 06, 2019, 03:29:27 PM »
Bit sexist though.

a duncandisorderly

• the rough and tumble of the internet
« Reply #272 on: November 06, 2019, 03:31:25 PM »
Bit sexist though.

I'll be sure & add that to the long email of complaint & derision I am preparing to fire at them just as soon as my tape-recorder is posted out of the US & out of the USPS' grasp by mikey.

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #273 on: November 06, 2019, 03:37:29 PM »
Thanks.  Much appreciated.  Thappreciated.