Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,405
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 900
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:48:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What brief glimpses of happiness did you have today?

Started by NJ Uncut, October 07, 2019, 07:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Made a Lemon Polenta cake but then realised I'd used pre-cooked instant polenta and the texture was all wrong.

Then I fed it to a dog and then threw him down the stairs.

That helped.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Cuellar

weekender

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on October 08, 2019, 02:51:25 PMthey've locked the AC control panel on 24

That's far too hot and probably against some regulations or something.  Have you thought about moaning to the receptionist who has nothing to do with facilities management?

Sebastian Cobb

A lot of offices with modern HVAC systems have placebo thermostats anyway so I wouldn't worry about it.

NJ Uncut

Had a driving lesson and yknow, was pretty good! Picked up after a long gap (dole and then new job will do that to you) but I made few mistakes. He says I'm more confident now.

So I practiced emergency stops. I'm cool about it. I don't make the mistake of looking at the dude who is shouting "Stop".

Happy New Jack Uncut

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 08, 2019, 07:56:07 PM

So I practiced emergency stops. I'm cool about it. I don't make the mistake of looking at the dude who is shouting "Stop".

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 08, 2019, 08:01:52 PM

ooh I can see it now
~
Haha!

sTTTTTTTTOOPPPPP OH FUCK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOOOP STOOP STOOO

Buelligan

Also the often underestimated pleasure of de-glitching a thread.  Nice.

Worked from 3am to 9:50pm.

Listening to the new AnCo tour bootleg on headphones in the dark. Start tomorrow at 6am so got a good seven hours kip ahead of me.

NJ Uncut

Sent my mate on the dole a bit of dollar

Which made me happy!

Told him to spend it wisely but.

K Cider, breakfast of champions. Gets your day off to a start, technically. No two ways about it

imitationleather

K Cider: For those occasions when you need to get your weekly recommended alcohol intake in you right now.

Buelligan

29-17, there's lovely (yesterday really but still worth a mention).

PlanktonSideburns

Love this thread, makes me feel good, so there's a bit of a feedback loop there.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 10, 2019, 11:14:33 AM
Love this thread, makes me feel good, so there's a bit of a feedback loop there.

Like wanking into your own mouth.

Buelligan

NJ Uncut

Came third in the Safety Day quiz at Big Oil

(it's happy because the winners got Big Oil T-shirts.)

Sebastian Cobb

Accidentally turned my alarm off and went back to sleep so no time for breakfast, but someone bought pastries in so I got a pain au chocolat.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 10, 2019, 12:27:20 PM
Came third in the Safety Day quiz at Big Oil

(it's happy because the winners got Big Oil T-shirts.)

Is it Ineos? Turn the O into a goatse

NJ Uncut

canadagoose

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 10, 2019, 12:34:59 PM
ESSAR OIL is an anagram of ARSE SOIL
I think I know where you work! Must be interesting.

Cuellar

Watching this couple of work experience lads in the office. Thursday afternoon now and they genuinely look like they're about to cry they're so bored. Bored to fucking tears.

Want to go up to them and go 'haha! Cheer up, once you're done with school and uni THIS IS IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE MATES. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW BOREDOM LIKE IT, hahahahaha'

Makes me smile anyway.

Small Man Big Horse

I taught a lesson today where the kids didn't want me to go at the end of it and begged me to stay. It's the first time it's happened (normally they fuck off the moment I say goodbye) and so it was all rather sweet of them.

NJ Uncut

A few today!

One, it is FRIDAY. I started the day by stroking the kitten I posted in the CATS thread.

Big Oil went my way too, got a cunt manager who hands me back corrections despite the fact I'm not even fully trained with shite like "do better". He picked up three days of work today and I passed him in the corridor and said No corrections then?... He sheepishly admitted I'm getting good

Also. Waiting for bus home from Big Oil, yesterday, this middle aged couple came up to me at the stop. Genially asked me if I knew that comedian - on loads of panel shows, yknow? Scottish? They seemed a bit soft but I'm stupid so don't know any Scottish ones but the Big Yin. My best mate later suggested it was Kev Bridges. They went on to flag a cyclist down and ask him..

Today, was waiting again, and they see me, wave, and come over. The fella said they're really happy to see me again! If they're soft they're lovely about it. And it WAS Kev Bridges!! The smiles on their faces.

Finally.

Been living a deso existence without a local chippy. Only one nearby been shut a month, an old jakey sitting on an upturned bucket outside told me the other day the owner had a stroke. Nice Chinese family, used em years, I go in pissed and chatty and I go in sober and chatty so it felt sad indeed.

Well it reopened the day, I am in it RIGHT THE NOW waiting on a chicken curry. Its RAMMED. The dad is out and recovering at home and will be back. The local community have left loads of cards for him.

Proper heartwarming day, feels like I'm in an actual society, knowing local folk, and being, whatever I am, at least approachable and nice. :)