Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:29:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Amusing film trivia

Started by Custard, October 10, 2019, 02:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Dunno if this has legs for a thread, but read any funny film trivia recently?

These from IMDB's page for Flash Gordon tickled me

According to Sam J. Jones, while filming the tilting-disc fight scene, the actors would get covered in paint by the disc that was spray painted silver. They would have to take extra time between each take to wipe silver paint off their bodies.

Flash's t-shirt was a gift from an anonymous female fan. Flash wore it a lot, hoping he would eventually meet the woman.

Brian Blessed improvised the scene where Vultan gooses Dale. Melody Anderson's reaction is genuine.

Dino De Laurentiis had never heard of Queen before making this film. The band was approached for the gig in 1979, and they were immediately interested. Their manager arranged a meeting with De Laurentiis to discuss the opportunity, and he allegedly asked, "Who are the Queens?"

Production sounds like it was a hoot

Nine people died on the set of The Exorcist and there's a ghost in Three Men and a Baby.

beanheadmcginty

These are from the IMDB for Gotti:

- John Travolta provided his own personal wigs.

- Several scenes which featured Gotti's well known "Boppity boopity" vocal tick were edited out at the last minute.

- Frank Stallone was initially approached to play Gotti, talks broken-down as Stallone insisted on singing a solo in the end credits. The studios felt this went against the soul of the movie.