Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:11:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Death Of Dick Long (2019)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, October 10, 2019, 09:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

This is a dark comedy drama from Daniel Scheinert, one of the directors of Swiss Army Man (a film I really love), where three friends are in a band together and like getting drunk and fucked up, but the next thing we see is two of them dragging their friend Dick to the ER, and dumping him outside it. He dies, they have to try and find a way to not be blamed for it, which isn't helped by them not being the brightest. The first half of the movie is pretty intriguing, the performances are strong and I was mostly liking it, with it having a Fargo but in the deep South feel to it, but then we find out how Dick died and I don't know, the rest of the film disappointed, and by the end I found myself wondering what the point of it all was. 6.0

McChesney Duntz

I just found out about the title character's cause of death, and, well, there really couldn't be a better CABber to start this thread off, could there...?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on October 11, 2019, 06:53:27 PM
I just found out about the title character's cause of death, and, well, there really couldn't be a better CABber to start this thread off, could there...?

The small man inside of me was indeed horrified by that scene!