Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Disco Elysium

Started by AllisonSays, October 13, 2019, 02:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

D'you reckon this'll work well on Switch? I know PC RPG ports are sometimes a bit awkward.

Dewt

Yes, it only needs a few buttons and isn't too visually demanding.

Mister Six

Hm, I might wait for the port, then. Ta!

Thursday

I can imagine the text size and interface being a bit of a problem on the switch, but you'll have to wait and see on that one.

willy crossit

just finished this and really enjoyed it. wasn't as long as i expected and the ending felt a bit sudden but i loved it all the same. will do another play through at some point as it seems there are lots of things you miss out on with just one build.

in a story filled with great moments i think the highlight was just
Spoiler alert
kim in general. what a pro. it's testament to how well written he is that i kept changing the plans i had for my character with my responses/questions cos i didn't want to show him up or let him down. i failed to stop him getting shot in the face-off in the square and was gutted, fucked cuno off and just finished off the story on my own.
[close]

AngryGazelle

bgmnts - saw you made another thread but thought I should post here, as per da rules - what kind of build did you play?

bgmnts

If i remember correctly I created my own character and put most points into Psyche and Intellect, then Motor skills and then hardly any Physical. I think my signature skill was Volition. I had a really high morale but mostly one health point for the whole game as a result.

I played it really boring and straight laced and moral, no partying or boozing or being a bastard or anything. I am definitely going to go and do that route another time. Does it massively change the experience?

AngryGazelle

Quote from: bgmnts on November 10, 2021, 05:32:53 PM
If i remember correctly I created my own character and put most points into Psyche and Intellect, then Motor skills and then hardly any Physical. I think my signature skill was Volition. I had a really high morale but mostly one health point for the whole game as a result.

I played it really boring and straight laced and moral, no partying or boozing or being a bastard or anything. I am definitely going to go and do that route another time. Does it massively change the experience?

I'm not sure, I've only just started playing. I always end up being straight-laced and moral in these games too but I'm going to try and mix things up a bit this time.

Will remain fairly moral but succumb to drink, drugs and madness I think!

brat-sampson

All good choices. The most interesting skills I remember using were Encyclopedia, which gave a lot of extra info about the town and the history etc (sometimes far far more than necessary...) and what I think was Visualisation, being able to look at clues and analytically imagine what had happened to cause them. For a second run I'd probably focus on brute strength, drugs and Inland Empire, which I've heard is also a very interesting one to focus on.

bgmnts

Quote from: brat-sampson on November 11, 2021, 09:27:39 AM
All good choices. The most interesting skills I remember using were Encyclopedia, which gave a lot of extra info about the town and the history etc (sometimes far far more than necessary...) and what I think was Visualisation, being able to look at clues and analytically imagine what had happened to cause them. For a second run I'd probably focus on brute strength, drugs and Inland Empire, which I've heard is also a very interesting one to focus on.

Yes Encyclopedia and Logic I put most points in Intelligence and it was interesting as your character is an amnesiac which is the excuse needed to be able to learn all about the lore but it comes from your encyclopedic brain anyway.

Inland Empire was indeed a good skill, it makes your character very into his hunches and acting on those.

I think myself I'll also go a full physical drink and booze bastard run. I bet that opens up a load of stuff to do.

brat-sampson

On my first run, the one thing I tried to be but couldn't was that I didn't want to publicly acknowledge my memory loss. My plan was to bluff through everything and use wits to get by, but this isn't actually a thing you can do. I think at some point you have to confess the situation to Kim.

peanutbutter

Looks like this is a only a £5.74 atm on the Epic store atm if you use the £10 off voucher on games over £13.99

Pink Gregory

If anyone wants, Disco Elysium is in the GOG.com indie sale for £12.30 until 18/04

lazyhour

Just completed this on the Switch. What an incredible game. Anyone else as genuinely gutted as me when you realise you've finished it? When the end credits started rolling I honestly thought "But there's so much I still wanted to do!!"

I'll give it a few months then dive back in from the start and try to get that young woman to go on a date with me. I want to connect with Cuno, too. Hell, I didn't even manage to cut the corpse down!

Zetetic