Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:56:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

eBay twat [split topic]

Started by Lee Van Cleef, October 12, 2019, 04:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Twed

But it can be Your Kampf for a low low price plus p&p.

the

Hello, I'm not very experienced using eBay and have a question.

I've just tried to buy something (UK-based) using the Paypal method, and when you enter your PP credentials the eBay Checkout page says:

"We ran into a problem and PayPal isn't available right now. Please select a different payment option."

I've not seen this before, does this happen often? Is it Paypal's systems being temperamental (as the wording would suggest), or is there a solid reason for this happening?

I've Googled the same problem and there tends to be a lot of conjecture (ie. a seller might not be allowed to take Paypal payments), but that doesn't seem a very definitive reason for such a vague message.

Any help appreciated, ta.

NoSleep

I'd just wait for a day and hope it clears. You could contact the seller if they're waiting on you and let them know. I would be cautious of using another payment method.

the

Update: Just tried this again and Paypal was accepted, so it might have been a systems issue (despite Paypal Status reporting no issues at the time). Would still be nice to have a more distinct reason given in the failure message.

The item was re-listed in between those two times, whether that was a factor I dunno. Got it for £20 cheaper in the process so I'm not complaining.