Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:02:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fortnite doing something kinda interesting

Started by Twed, October 14, 2019, 02:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

bgmnts

Where will I get to hear 12 year olds call me a gay jew n***er cunt now?

Twed

bgmnts

I dont think anyone here has a basement, especially in the flats. I may try town centre to get my abuse.

BlodwynPig

Finally my nephews will have to pay attention to me rather than some squawking child voiced douche cunt.

madhair60

Quote from: bgmnts on October 14, 2019, 02:37:46 AM
Where will I get to hear 12 year olds call me a gay jew n***er cunt now?

You've never played or seen Fortnite

touchingcloth

Won't people be trying to take them to court for this? Imagine if The Sega came and replaced all of your Sonic cartridges with nothing.

bgmnts

Quote from: madhair60 on October 14, 2019, 10:59:08 AM

Sadly I did for a long while, was addicted to it for a good month or so.

Kelvin

Just watched a video of it happening. Extremely cool idea and execution, even if it is just a marketing stunt for whatever version they release next.

Thursday

It's funny seeing people genuinely thinking that it might be turned off for good and the money they'd spent in-game had been lost. The absolute chaos it must be causing in some homes.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Thursday on October 14, 2019, 06:02:38 PM
It's funny seeing people genuinely thinking that it might be turned off for good and the money they'd spent in-game had been lost. The absolute chaos it must be causing in some homes.

Aren't people arsed that for the time being they can't play it at all, or have I missed something?

Spiteface

Quote from: madhair60 on October 14, 2019, 10:59:08 AM

Lucky sod.

I don't think I've ever seen a game so shit, get so popular as Fortnite has.

Thursday

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 14, 2019, 06:13:51 PM
Aren't people arsed that for the time being they can't play it at all, or have I missed something?

I'm guessing some people are annoyed and don't really understand the concept of server maintenance and updates, yes?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Spiteface on October 14, 2019, 08:43:30 PM
Lucky sod.

I don't think I've ever seen a game so shit, get so popular as Fortnite has.

Is it the gaming equivalent of twitter?

BlodwynPig

touchingcloth

Quote from: Thursday on October 14, 2019, 10:27:34 PM
I'm guessing some people are annoyed and don't really understand the concept of server maintenance and updates, yes?

Oh, I got the impression it had been taken off for the foreseeable as a publicity stunt rather than a small bit of downtime related to maintenance.

Thursday

Well it seems to be both, turn a technical necessity into a stunt.

Cloud

Why would they discontinue one of the most popular money-printing machines in the world?  Most likely it's just temporary until "season 11" or whatever.

Played it for 10 minutes once, seemed like hard work to me

Beagle 2

I played it once and I was pretty excited to do so as it sounded well up my street, but it seemed like a flimsy game for children. I'm an old man, I just want Quake III Arena and for nothing else to ever change. That video was good though, I hope they try something similar in FIFA, a stadium disaster or a pocket of Neo Nazis in the crowd leading to players walking off the pitch. It's red hot topical humour lads.

Natnar

The update for this has popped up on PS4 so i guess it won't be long until it's back. There's supposed to be Bots being added this season so maybe offline play might be possible.

It's a great game but I'm too shit at the building stuff to engage with it properly. I'd love a classic mode or something where it's just looting and killing.

Chollis

yeah I tried it for about an hour and just spent 10 minutes every match running towards the middle of the map trying to find some cunt only to get instaGIBBED before I even saw another player. no thanks not for me

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Beagle 2 on October 15, 2019, 09:49:08 AM
I played it once and I was pretty excited to do so as it sounded well up my street, but it seemed like a flimsy game for children. I'm an old man, I just want Quake III Arena and for nothing else to ever change. That video was good though, I hope they try something similar in FIFA, a stadium disaster or a pocket of Neo Nazis in the crowd leading to players walking off the pitch. It's red hot topical humour lads.

FIFA would be realistic...i.e. not walking off despite the promise (by the developers) that they will walk off. X....X....XXXXXX "FUCK SAKE"

'Tyldesley commentary: "The sickening chants from ****the Liverpool fans in the away end**** are getting louder". Townsend "it's just not on Clive". Tyldesley "Goalkick to Norwich". Townsend "just not good enough"'

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: The Boston Crab on October 15, 2019, 12:38:56 PM
It's a great game but I'm too shit at the building stuff to engage with it properly. I'd love a classic mode or something where it's just looting and killing.

That's called pubg.

Barry Admin

Reinstalled this and dabbled again recently, after Alex really gave me the BR bug.

It's not half bad. The building has a decent skill ceiling to it, but I'm still not massively keen on it as a mechanic.

It's fun enough to dick around in, but Apex Legends trounces it in terms of the skill ceiling and overall complexity and depth. Plus the feel and movement of Apex is amazing, and I'd fundamentally rather play first person than third.

But yeah, it's not a bad wee game on its own terms.

Barry Admin

Almost finished the battle pass, and really impressed by how much content Epic churn out for this. I've been taking an Apex break as the new limited time mode is not for me, but Fortnite has had a different LTM every day!

Plus gifts to open every day as well.

The challenges the battle pass are built round are very well done too. I'll keep banging away at those even after the pass is finished, just to unlock some extra skins and stuff.