Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:57:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Small unintentionally funny moments in songs

Started by the, October 15, 2019, 02:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the

Fleeting moments that give you an accidental daft chuckle as they sail past your ear.

In Caught, Can We Get a Witness by Public Enemy, there's a bit where Flavor Flav goes "yeah Terminator, yeaaahhh!!", and it's always sounded to me like he gets overexcited and runs away from the microphone.

Yeaaahh

Bennett Brauer

Whenever I see this bit I imagine a wasp has gone up Rundgren's trousers and stung him on the scrotum - then he suddenly remembers he's on telly and pretends it's not happening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjJUtdc0bhU#t=2m53s

grassbath

Van Morrison - Caravan

Soulful full throated belts of 'turn it up! Tuuuuurn it up!' by Van in the pre-choruses. He's really enjoying that transistor radio! Then suddenly in the last prechorus his mate must have really excessively cranked it cos Van suddenly turns on him - 'that's enough.' Sounds really terse and disgusted. Within reason, for gods sake.

That vintage car/circus clown's horn in Wild Boys by Duran Duran.

Golden E. Pump

Everyone always says that and I can never hear it!

the

The single slap bass note at the start of this remix of a Madvillain track always makes me smirk - I haven't yet had a chance to play it in the presence of someone else, pointing and doing a stupid face as it happens.

Sample source, though it's less funny when it's faster

Icehaven

Can't remember which one it is but there's a Paul Weller song (either The Jam or Style Council) where at the end he says something like ''I just made this up. It's good, innit?'' which is quite amusing.

Phil_A

The bit in "Stumble" where Michael Stipe suddenly exclaims "Faaaaaah, va-giiiiiiiin-ahhhhhh!"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Swu5ZVJAI

(Yes that's definitely what he's singing and I refuse to countenance any other explanation.)

Norton Canes

idunnosomename

record scratches over the naughty words in 00s nu-metal shit that basically became part of the song always make me laugh. especially when the choices of what they would censor were so eccentric

SUFFOCATION
NO BREATHING
DON'T GIVE A *KCH* IF I CUT MY ARM BLEEDING

her boyfriend's a dick
and he brings a *whrrp* to school

Gulftastic

The bit in the magnificent 'There There My Dear' by Dexy's, when Kevin Rowlands says:

I've been searching for the young soul rebels
I've been searching everywhere
And I can't find them anywhere
Where have you hidden them?

H-O-W-L

The otherwise harrowing "Fletcher Memorial Home" by Pink Floyd. Roger sings "Are you having a nice time?" but the way he pronounces "a nice" sounds like he's actually saying "anus".

"Are you having
anus
time?
Now
the final
solution
can be applied."

non capisco

Quote from: Gulftastic on October 16, 2019, 07:00:19 PM
The bit in the magnificent 'There There My Dear' by Dexy's, when Kevin Rowlands says:

I've been searching for the young soul rebels
I've been searching everywhere
And I can't find them anywhere
Where have you hidden them?

All Kev's passionate proclaiming sections are varying degrees of funny. "Got on the train from Houston to Euston and back to Harrow again, trying to get back that feeling I had in 1973." For a start you meant to say Harrow the first time and got all confused when the passion overtook you so you said Houston because it rhymes with Euston. Even assuming you didn't mean the American Houston you're still not getting a train that goes from Renfrewshire to Central London via a Greater London suburb, even if the feeling from 1973 you wish to recapture is you thinking "Fuck me, this train is going round the houses."

Ah man Dexys Midnight Runners were mint and skill though. Go off, king.

Dr Trouser

Towards the end of Paul Simon's Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard there's a peruvian nose flute or something and it just sounds like someone hitting an owl and the owl going 'ow, whoo?, ow whoo?'

the

Any chance you cunts nice people could drop a timestamped link in so we can actually hear these?

Another Public Enemy one, this time A Letter To The New York Post - what's funny is that they bothered to sample the sound of themselves ripping the newspaper up and dropped that sound in throughout the track (despite it not being a very good sound to use). The impotent rage of it is amusingly pathetic.

poodlefaker

In Stevie Wonder's "Village Ghetto Land" the line "Families buying dogfood now" always makes me laugh. Just seems so earnest and over the top.

poodlefaker

Quote from: non capisco on October 16, 2019, 10:05:16 PM
"Got on the train from Houston to Euston and back to Harrow again, trying to get back that feeling I had in 1973."

Always thought it was "New Street to Euston"... My fave bit of Kevin Rowland *passion* is the joke he tells halfway through "Kevin Rowland's 13th Time" (or whatever it's called). Stand-up's loss was music's gain, truly.

Easy Like Sunday Morning
At 2.48 or so, [I have decided] someone tries to kidnap Lionel, who spends the rest of the guitar solo fighting off his assailant, before returning to the mic just in time to continue.

the

Quote from: sick as a pike on October 17, 2019, 02:17:25 PMEasy Like Sunday Morning
At 2.48 or so, [I have decided] someone tries to kidnap Lionel, who spends the rest of the guitar solo fighting off his assailant, before returning to the mic just in time to continue.

Marvellous explanation, very plausible.

Could be side-thread there, 'What's your favourite UHH! sound?'.  Mine would be The Only Rhyme That Bites

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: poodlefaker on October 17, 2019, 02:15:26 PM
Always thought it was "New Street to Euston"... My fave bit of Kevin Rowland *passion* is the joke he tells halfway through "Kevin Rowland's 13th Time" (or whatever it's called). Stand-up's loss was music's gain, truly.

Haha, I love that bit. Here's the link to Kevin's hilarious 'joke' if anyone hasn't heard it. I love the reaction he gets as well. "That's a good one! Where did you hear that one? Didja make it up yourself?"

I'm a big fan of Van Der Graaf Generator and solo Peter Hammill, whose delivery can be so intense you can only chuckle. He's made me laugh twice already today while listening to my phone on shuffle - first his delivery of "And this is progress? You must be joking!" in the song 'The Future Now', and best of all, the bit in 'Octopus' where he sings "and meanwhile I must endure your red-copper hair screaming like a...WATER-BABY". That bit will never get old for me.

Bennett Brauer

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 16, 2019, 02:18:07 PM
record scratches over the naughty words in 00s nu-metal shit that basically became part of the song always make me laugh. especially when the choices of what they would censor were so eccentric

SUFFOCATION
NO BREATHING
DON'T GIVE A *KCH* IF I CUT MY ARM BLEEDING

her boyfriend's a dick
and he brings a *whrrp* to school

The radio edit of A.D.I.D.A.S. by Korn is a thing of beauty, they use vocal scratches to get rid of the swearing, it's basically Rolf Harris doing nu-metal.

Cuellar

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on October 17, 2019, 04:42:56 PM
The radio edit of A.D.I.D.A.S. by Korn is a thing of beauty, they use vocal scratches to get rid of the swearing, it's basically Rolf Harris doing nu-metal.

This image made me laugh so much I had to go and look it up

Cuellar

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: icehaven on October 16, 2019, 01:14:16 PM
Can't remember which one it is but there's a Paul Weller song (either The Jam or Style Council) where at the end he says something like ''I just made this up. It's good, innit?'' which is quite amusing.

That's going back a bit. It's a song he did for Flexipop! Magazine , on the accompanying flexidisc. It's more of a poem set to music, and he says " I'm making this up as I go along. Good, innit?".

I would nominate The Fall's version of " Glam Racket " for a John Peel session. Brix had recently returned, and was allowed to do a dinky little almost rap in the middle of it. This was at a time when John Peel was broadcasting on a Saturday afternoon, so prior to the recording of the song, the group had probably been told " No swearing, lads. You too, Missus.", thus leading to Brix making herself jolly baity,  and fiercely singing the couplet " You say that you're a star/ but I don't give a UUURH ", in lieu of the word " fuck". The sound she makes is quite amusing, as she watches your head expanding, and you're running out of luck.

willy crossit

the bit at the start of 'no vaseline' with the collage of clips of people saying negative things about NWA and you can hear some English bloke with an indeterminate accent go THEY WEREN'T NO GOOD WITHOUT FOCKIN ICE CUBE

non capisco

Always thought it was "New Street to Euston"...

Oh gawd it is innit, the entire basis of my post crumbles like Dexys Midnight Runners album sales after 1984, soz Kev.

Jockice

Quote from: icehaven on October 16, 2019, 01:14:16 PM

This one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e0etcerG1w

I woke up with The Style Council's My Ever Changing Moods in my head this morning. Just thought you'd like to know.

Jockice

I've tried about half a dozen times and I can't work out what he's saying. That's one of my pet hates anyway, people who signify that they're going to tell you a joke and then ask if you got it.