Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:24:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Small unintentionally funny moments in songs

Started by the, October 15, 2019, 02:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poodlefaker

Well it's not really a joke at all.  I think it's far braver as an artist to display your sense of humour than your angst or whatever, esp. if it's quite an odd sense of humour, bcs you're risking cringeworthiness (like Robert Wyatt or Kate Bush).

I once  read that Kev and Bill had had acting lessons before doing the intro to "This Is What She's Like" ("...been down the Little Nibble?" etc), which is a hilarious thought, but might be KR taking the piss again. (Anyone who thinks that picture of Jockie Wilson on TOTP was a mistake by the crew is deluded).

TheMonk

A passionate "Woh-a-Woh-a-woh" is an amusing  way to start a song.

I always wondered why Sweep (of Sooty & fame) never got a guest vocalist credit on Eric B and Rakim's I Know You Got Soul @ 2m30 secs

https://youtu.be/fvAAETHrXv0

kalowski

Quote from: poodlefaker on October 17, 2019, 02:15:26 PM
Always thought it was "New Street to Euston"... My fave bit of Kevin Rowland *passion* is the joke he tells halfway through "Kevin Rowland's 13th Time" (or whatever it's called). Stand-up's loss was music's gain, truly.
Something about the middle classes isn't it?

Tikwid

Animal Colective's "Must Be Treeman" is an interesting mood piece when you get past the slightly offputting Reich-style intro loop, but the nasal voice that starts muttering around one minute in always makes me smile - it bears an uncanny resemblance to a very similar-sounding interviewer from The Day Today: https://youtu.be/20WniMxm-So?t=77

McFlymo

McFlymo

that new Sam Smith song, I heard it in a garage (so through a really substandard shitty, tinny speaker), but I was certain he was singing, "My dick is in the air..." and now I can't unhear it and it makes me giggle.

Edit: The track is called "Promises" by Calvin Harris & Sam Smith (and is shite, obviously).

kalowski

I love "It's a Boy" off of Tommy. That sweet voice Townsend uses during It's a Boy, Mrs Walker, it's a boy is lovely.

And then they cock it up with
"A son...a son...a son..."

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: willy crossit on October 17, 2019, 08:24:54 PM
the bit at the start of 'no vaseline' with the collage of clips of people saying negative things about NWA and you can hear some English bloke with an indeterminate accent go THEY WEREN'T NO GOOD WITHOUT FOCKIN ICE CUBE
Love that bit. Always wondered if it's a genuine quote and if so, where from.

popcorn

The rising stakes in each successive chorus of Tabloid Junkie by Michael Jackson. Each one ends with a different lyrical bombshell. Lyric video here.

Also the "Demerol" chorus to whatever shite B-side this was.

popcorn

Quote from: the on October 16, 2019, 12:45:07 PM
The single slap bass note at the start of this remix of a Madvillain track always makes me smirk - I haven't yet had a chance to play it in the presence of someone else, pointing and doing a stupid face as it happens.

That made me laugh out loud.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain