Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:57:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

pancreas

Twit 2, suggest being a bit careful: making pro-Labour flyers could get them into trouble with the electoral commission because all the spending needs to be logged. Some of the national flyers are very good so get a round from your CLP. Of course, you're not acting in an official capacity so ...

Why can't you get to Norwich North? Or to Great Yarmouth? There should be carpooling from people in your CLP to one of the marginals. Do you live anywhere near Shiftwork, for example?

Replies From View

Quote from: Twit 2 on November 17, 2019, 09:01:10 PM
maybe it'll discredit the cause...

Of course it will.  It'll be spun as CRIMINAL LABROU SCUM DO CRUMES.

idunnosomename

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on November 17, 2019, 09:09:07 PM
Bit unfair there on Schneider as he is completely right.

There are some interesting tweets from Bastani regarding the weighting for the a recent Kantar poll which was using the same weighting (turnout % per age group %) method prior to 2017.  The poll showed a 10 pt lead for Tories, however if turnout is based on 2017 turnout then Labour are 4 pts behind in that poll.
well all I know is I remember 2017 was billed as a Tory landslide. and it ended up we took away their majority and basically prevented Brexit from going through.

no fate but what we make (fuck Terminator 3)

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on November 17, 2019, 09:19:04 PM
Why can't you get to Norwich North? Or to Great Yarmouth? There should be carpooling from people in your CLP to one of the marginals. Do you live anywhere near Shiftwork, for example?

I had no idea Shiftwork was a marginal.

pancreas

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: chveik on November 17, 2019, 09:11:24 PM
oh? why's that then?

Well Curtis's rather obvious statement is that there are 2 outcomes of the election regarding Brexit, either the Tories have majority and Brexit goes through before Jan or the Tories don't get a majority and it doesn't.  Which is makes it a binary decision (note he is not saying a binary decision that Brexit happens at all just that it happens without a further extension). Seems blindingly obvious therefore to point out if you don't want a quick Brexit then you need to vote tactically.

Personally i'm happy with Schneider telling people to tactically vote for Labour as it is actually what Labour wants people to do also.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 17, 2019, 09:26:10 PM
well all I know is I remember 2017 was billed as a Tory landslide. and it ended up we took away their majority and basically prevented Brexit from going through.

no fate but what we make (fuck Terminator 3)

Ah I think you are focusing the fact that Curtis is a establishment dork who wouldn't like a Labour majority, with what he actually said. 

Which is fine because he said it in a way that seemed that his "amazing, go to mega brain polling expert,who gets it right every time apart from when he gets it wrong" obvious hot take drivel about it therefore being a Brexit-binary was attached to his a shitty little Labour snark.

If Labour got a majority it would still be binary on his terms.

Twit 2

Quote from: pancreas on November 17, 2019, 09:19:04 PM
Twit 2, suggest being a bit careful: making pro-Labour flyers could get them into trouble with the electoral commission because all the spending needs to be logged. Some of the national flyers are very good so get a round from your CLP. Of course, you're not acting in an official capacity so ...

Yeah I live near him but he's a cunt.

Johnny Yesno

pancreas

Twit 2

Worth voting Tory so he dies in a hospital accident.

Johnny Yesno

Ah, right.

Well, I agree that you'd be better distributing official Labour leaflets than creating your own.

pancreas

You could just get in a car with him and steer his side of the car into the path of oncoming traffic.

Twit 2

Well I was sorely tempted to kick him under the Cambridge meet train and dump the mince on Hembsy seafront.

shiftwork2

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I am also happy the luvvie twitter crew are realising very very late in the day 1) the Lib Dems are unscrupulous pieces of shit 2) however much they hate Corbyn they want Remain more than they want to keep him out

Paul Calf

Quote from: Twit 2 on November 17, 2019, 09:01:10 PM
Cool. Is referring to taxation/how it'll be paid for etc a good idea?

I know it's illegal to do flyer lampposts, but I don't kind the risk and even if they're taken down people will see them before that happens. Making the local paper could be good policy...or maybe it'll discredit the cause...

I remember from my hanging-out-with-musicians phase (yes, I was a drummer) that venues, publishers, printers and any other organisation mentioned on the flyer can be prosecuted. Best to avoid really.

Replies From View

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 18, 2019, 06:08:25 AM
I am also happy the luvvie twitter crew are realising very very late in the day 1) the Lib Dems are unscrupulous pieces of shit 2) however much they hate Corbyn they want Remain more than they want to keep him out

I agree with 1, but how do you verify 2?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Replies From View on November 18, 2019, 08:58:50 AM
I agree with 1, but how do you verify 2?

Because they are now advocating 'hold your nose and vote Labour' type tactics to help secure a Remain outcome.

Keep the pressure up guys, we need as many of these as possible plus an enormous youth turnout. Once in a generation is the phrase Corbyn used.

pancreas

Hundhoon

by this time in 2017,  the surge had already began but there is none this time.

is it because 90 percent of labour supporters want to remain in the EU and this was not seen an option last time?
now it its.
there are options to remain...

its who is able to exploit that possibility the most and it aint Corbyn.

Paul Calf

Hundhoon

WTF..maybe im wrong, maybe he will win the election, gee i dont know,  there is the screenshot though.

Paul Calf

Have you considered thinking about things before you say them?

Dr Rock

Quote from: Hundhoon on November 18, 2019, 09:41:19 AM
by this time in 2017,  the surge had already began but there is none this time.

Are you sure or just remembering it that way?

Hundhoon

yes but you just posted a loaf of rolls when i was talking about the flaws of the Corbyn led government. am i not down with the crowd is there some diss about posting a loaf of rolls lol wtf

Paul Calf

kitsofan34

Which is the most reliable poll, survation or that one that misunderestimated the 18-34 turn out?