Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:31:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

We're going to win lads. Win em all. Even gonna win ireland.

idunnosomename

Sigh

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1196397707268632576?s=19

She even explains a hackneyed abusive heckle as if it's an astonishing confrontation

Replies From View

Quote from: Hundhoon on November 18, 2019, 09:41:19 AM
by this time in 2017,  the surge had already began but there is none this time.

is it because 90 percent of labour supporters want to remain in the EU and this was not seen an option last time?
now it its.
there are options to remain...

its who is able to exploit that possibility the most and it aint Corbyn.

What?  So you're saying the best person to exploit a remain position is the only other contender for Prime Minister, ie Boris Johnson.

Explain.

Replies From View

Quote from: Hundhoon on November 18, 2019, 10:20:27 AM
yes but you just posted a loaf of rolls when i was talking about the flaws of the Corbyn led government. am i not down with the crowd is there some diss about posting a loaf of rolls lol wtf

You weren't pointing out the flaws of a Corbyn-led government though. 

Correct me if this is untrue:  You were guessing something that didn't make sense and you arbitrarily placed the name "Corbyn" into your post to make it seem relevant to the thread.  True or false?  False or true?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Check the guy's posting record. Shitty remarks and baiting feature frequently.

I don't think many people are deluded as to Corbyn's limitations nor level of potential appeal.

What matters is Labour holding onto their leave seats and dragging arch Remainers reluctantly along. Labour and their supporters are doing well pointing out Lib Dems are a fantasy dead end that will not result in the UK remaining in the EU and persuading them to vote for the opposition party who are going to give a route to Remain.

Swinson can revoke article 50 on day 1 in her imagination. Everyone else must get real.

Dr Rock

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 18, 2019, 12:04:13 PM
Sigh

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1196397707268632576?s=19

She even explains a hackneyed abusive heckle as if it's an astonishing confrontation

She implies the heckle got applause, rather than was during some applause.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 18, 2019, 12:30:12 PM
I don't think many people are deluded as to Corbyn's limitations nor level of potential appeal.

I think many people are, as they don't seem to understand that in 2017 Corbyn got a higher percentage of vote share for any Labour leader since Blair.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

To be clearer to whom I was referring when I made that statement: Labour supporters, the group Hundhoon was targeting.

New folder

Quote from: kitsofan34 on November 18, 2019, 11:32:24 AM
Which is the most reliable poll, survation or that one that misunderestimated the 18-34 turn out?

Found this one to be the most reliable so far

Paul Calf

BlodwynPig

Mr_Simnock

400 seats, what an absolute fantasy, oh dear, its going to be very loud bump of all those tories coming back down to earth on 12th Dec, BRING IT ON.

Buelligan

Labour have got this, we've won it. Can't wait until the 12th, will be nice waking up to something positive for once.

Buelligan

That's exactly how I feel.  I've been living a quantum life recently but only eating the nice bits.  Feeling elated because every day I wake up and it's Labour's only gone and won the fucking election again.  And there's Corbyn smiling and petting his giant marrow.  Try it, game-changer.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Is there hope? Please tell me there's hope, CaB.

The right-wing tabloid press is such a formidable force, it's infecting the brains of the populace on a daily basis. How can sense and decency prevail against it?

Buelligan

Look at their plummeting circulation, they're not exactly ragingly popular, are they?  If anyone's in any doubt, for all our sakes, give up your couch and talk to your CLP and pull, pull, for all you're fucking worth, you dogs.

kitsofan34

I want a Labour government as much as is humanely possible but I have no idea how you guys stay so optimistic in the face of all logical evidence.

kitsofan34

You can't manufacture that spontaneous tide turn of 2017 twice. What's the reasoning here, what's gonna happening in the next three weeks to get the polls closer?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Buelligan on November 18, 2019, 03:34:04 PM
Look at their plummeting circulation, they're not exactly ragingly popular, are they?  If anyone's in any doubt, for all our sakes, give up your couch and talk to your CLP and pull, pull, for all you're fucking worth, you dogs.

If only that were true. Most folk read The Sun, The Daily Mail and The Daily Express. Groovy fuckers such as us are a minority.

Anyway, here's Billy Bragg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWBeGK96pVQ

I still believe.

Dr Rock

Quote from: kitsofan34 on November 18, 2019, 03:44:45 PM
You can't manufacture that spontaneous tide turn of 2017 twice. What's the reasoning here, what's gonna happening in the next three weeks to get the polls closer?

The manifesto made a big difference last time And the leadership debate (when May chickened out).

Most people outside of politics fans haven't heard 90% of what Labour are promising to do.

Dr Rock

We also have the wild card of that yank Bunny-Boiler and christ knows what she may say to ruin Johnson's chances.

greencalx

Quote from: kitsofan34 on November 18, 2019, 03:44:45 PM

People are going to come off the fence, and probably vote in much the same way as they did in 2017. The fact the Tories are starting from a lower base maybe offers some hope?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I agree with greencalx. What we have there is the declared, some of which may change their minds, through fecklessness or further education. Then there are the undecided which appear to be a big group.

What is important is that the Tories don't have an insurmountably high lead or overall poll rating, the Lib Dems are slipping slipping slipping as the political reality becomes clearer for Remainers and it is up for grabs.

Still got the leaders debate, still got the manifesto launch, still got the majority of doorstepping and campaigning, still got a potential unforeseeable external factor or two.

greencalx

What made a difference last time was Kuntsberg taking against the dementia tax policy at the Tory manifesto launch. The Tories will have learnt from this and make sure this doesn't happen again (maybe a peerage?).

colacentral

This recent rise for the torys in polls is laughable, as it's based on Brexit Party dropping out, which they're only doing in Tory held seats. The fact we have this remain alliance and greens and Lib Dems dropping out for Labour in some constituencies makes polls on voting intention extrapolated out to a national level even more ridiculous than usual.

When that first YouGov poll came out after the BP announcement and it added something like 6% to the Tory vote, I burst out laughing. It's a joke. I wouldn't be surprised if these end up being the most inaccurate set of polls ever recorded.

kitsofan34

There won't be another dementia tax moment though will there? They're gonna release the safest manifesto quite close to polling day, gently gently, nicely nicely.

(Thanks to everyone for trying to cheer my negative ass up a bit)