Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

greencalx

To be fair, most of the other polls were conducted on twitter so completely uncontrolled. I certainly pressed the Corbyn button on as many of them as I could find, just to get the numbers up a bit. Might tell us that there are more Momentum-type activists on Twitter than from other parties. But if it helps more people come off the fence...

What I actually find more annoying is calling a 51/49 split a "win" where it's clearly a draw.

idunnosomename

wow. it's over folks. look at this scoop the sun got. corbyn's credibility basically zero now.

https://twitter.com/matt_dathan/status/1196919905238626306

littlefoot

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on November 20, 2019, 12:38:16 PM
More proof of you-gove bias

The others are bog standard online polls that anyone could have started, and votes are from whoever was keen enough to jump on them. YouGov at least have a methodology. To compare them to Twitter snapshots is daft.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: littlefoot on November 20, 2019, 02:32:09 PM
The others are bog standard online polls that anyone could have started, and votes are from whoever was keen enough to jump on them. YouGov at least have a methodology. To compare them to Twitter snapshots is daft.

Well actually as some one that deal with data on a daily basis YES and NO.  If you take the raw data from the YouGov poll then you have a highly reliable "result" for that sample.  However if you want to extrapolate that to an estimate of the electorate then you are going to have to use a statistical measure with a margin of error.  Therefore with the combination of the other polls act could be considered as further data in refining that prediction.

TLDR

It was a draw.

Either way, inadvertently, with the factcheck saga it has turned out to be a big win for Labour : )

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 20, 2019, 09:30:17 AM
Corbyn hates Jews evidence for blue-ticks #45,789

He pronounces Epstein correctly in order to other assimilated Jews
https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/1196929204417433600?s=19

stop whitesplaining to jewish people about what is or isn't racist

no-one anywhere, ever, has pronounced Epstein's name like that - we can all come to our own conclusions

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on November 20, 2019, 04:58:17 PM
stop whitesplaining to jewish people about what is or isn't racist

no-one anywhere, ever, has pronounced Epstein's name like that - we can all come to our own conclusions

Your failure to capitalise 'Jewish' makes me conclude that you are antisemetic.

idunnosomename

Quote from: MiddleRabbit on November 20, 2019, 05:19:09 PM
Your failure to capitalise 'Jewish' makes me conclude that you are antisemetic.
his othering of Jews as implicitly non-white makes me conclude he is a complete fucking idiot and most probably a racist

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: StewartLeehaslethimselfgo on November 20, 2019, 08:17:35 PM
https://twitter.com/leahmoore/status/1197225301815771136

Alan Moore voting for the first time in 40 years for... Labour

legend

There was a recent interview with him, maybe only the other day which I read. It seemed as though he was on the cusp of doing something like that.

Paul Calf

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 20, 2019, 05:49:07 PM
his othering of Jews as implicitly non-white makes me conclude he is a complete fucking idiot and most probably a racist

Yeah. Dodgy as fuck.

holyzombiejesus

Manifesto tomorrow! Any idea if we're keeping the free solar panels pledge? Hope there's plenty of new stuff that's not been announced yet.

idunnosomename

Self-professed anarchist Alan Moore voting Labour

Hank Venture

This antisemitism smear has turned into a right Frankensteen's Monster.

colacentral

Alan Moore chiming in is good - he must have a few incel blokes brainwashed by 4chan for fans.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: littlefoot on November 20, 2019, 02:32:09 PM

They were so scientific, thorough and careful they managed to collate the result before the debate had even started, amazing isn't, one wonders how yougov have managed to get the last 2 elections and the brexit vote so wrong, eh well....

edit: apparently all a simple misunderstanding about the time stamp issue of the yougov result being called early. further edit: I still don't trust yougov, set up and run by 2 former tories

Urinal Cake

Corbyn needs to make sure one of his children marries a Jewish person as soon as possible.

Jockice

Quote from: New folder on November 20, 2019, 11:18:52 AM
Corbyn's mispronunciation was in fact a coded message to his antisemitic allies to begin Holocaust II. It was concocted by Albert Einsteen and Dr. Frankensteen at a Rammsteen gig. But fortunately, David Baddyle overheard them and was able to spread the message.

Don't forget Jock Stine.

olliebean

Quote from: Urinal Cake on November 20, 2019, 10:07:41 PM
Corbyn needs to make sure one of his children marries a Jewish person as soon as possible.

Who would doubtless immediately be condemned as the wrong sort of Jew.

idunnosomename

i.e. one that doesnt wholeheartedly support the ethno-nationalism of the Israeli state that directly oppresses the Palestinians

thats fine isnt it? all clean. good job

idunnosomename

really not sure who rachel riley is other than the replacement carol vorderman but she is genuinely fucking foul for erasing apartheid protest

Schmo Diddley

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 20, 2019, 11:34:03 PM
really not sure who rachel riley is other than the replacement carol vorderman but she is genuinely fucking foul for erasing apartheid protest

What a repellant human being.

peanutbutter

She was praising that racist priest that heckled Corbyn a few weeks ago too. Seems to be going full on reactionary crazy of late, if Corbyn goes away I suspect she'll feel a need to find a new thing to obsess about

Dr Rock

Quote from: UK LAWSection 106 of the Representation of the People Act 1983, which provides that it is an illegal practice to make a false statement about a candidate "for the purpose of affecting the return of any candidate at the election".

Urinal Cake

I thought she was supposed to smart hot sensible?

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 20, 2019, 11:34:03 PM

I think she has a genuine condition or disorder of some kind.  Narcissism is definitely a part of it but there's something else going on as well.

I'm assuming she's aware of Boris Johnson's own racism?  People have tweeted it to her or whatever it's called, and she has seen it with her own eyes?

Also why the fuck can't people be done for smearing people as racist.  It's doing my fucking head in.

Replies From View