Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:49:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colacentral

I just watched the full interview and he came across really well. He was in danger of losing his rag a bit but ultimately it seemed to inject a bit of energy into him and he ended strong.

The first half was a bit sombre, Schofield acting like he was interviewing a mass murderer. I wonder how different the tone will be when Johnson's in. I am hoping that Willoughby gives us another "how do you sleep at night?" moment.

DrGreggles

Johnson won't do it - he hates these hard-hitting interviews.

Buelligan

Quote from: Zetetic on December 04, 2019, 08:20:25 AM
That's why you should always refer to him as "the spunky Jeremy Corbyn".

He's definitely thrusting if anyone is.

Anyway, feeling very heartened this morning, had an email from an old friend, someone on the tetchy end of masculinity and once, to my knowledge, a member of the tory party, he only sent me a link to this.  There is a lot of reason to have hope.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on December 03, 2019, 11:24:49 PM
Andrew Marr, of all people, accused Johnson of "chuntering" during their interview on Sunday. That's the closest any journalist has ever come to saying, "You're talking a load of drivelling bollocks, mate."

A small, meaningless moment, admittedly, but you grab on to what you can these days.
he did at the time, yes, but I've not heard that repeated as summing up the interview on news bulletins

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 04, 2019, 09:11:03 AM
he did at the time, yes, but I've not heard that repeated as summing up the interview on news bulletins

Of course not, no. As I say, it was merely a fleeting moment of vague triumph.

Replies From View

The best thing about the verb chuntering is that it has the 'cunt'-word* embedded in it.

* (cunt)

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Replies From View

olliebean

Quote from: greencalx on December 04, 2019, 07:32:38 AM
There's as much evidence of JC being antisemitic as there is of David Cameron putting his dick in a pigs head.

Less, surely. (I'm counting as evidence the absolutely undeniable fact that that's definitely the sort of thing Cameron would have done.)

Pie Pie Eater

Dunno if people have mentioned before, or if this is the right place to post it (probably comedy chat eh? never mind) but this podcast about Mike Gapes is fucking funny https://soundcloud.com/reelpolitikpodcast/episode-126-gape-goons-ft-mike-gapes-mr-jimothy-baker Wonder if the people making it are members here, given its probable Brass Eye influence.

king_tubby

Doubt it, whenever left shitpost twitter mentions this place it's to disparage the user base as anti-Corbyn centrist Gen X sex pests.

littlefoot

Quote from: Buelligan on December 04, 2019, 08:10:16 AM
I also worry about tetchy.  Shorthand for unreasonable old man isn't it? 

Perhaps, but how would you try to describe his demeanour when challenged? Irritable? Grumpy? He's obviously pissed off, and I don't say that as if it's an unreasonable reaction, but that's not the point. Image counts more than rationale, and eye rolling exasperation isn't going to cut it.

Buelligan

NoSleep

Quote from: littlefoot on December 04, 2019, 06:36:38 PM
Perhaps, but how would you try to describe his demeanour when challenged? Irritable? Grumpy? He's obviously pissed off, and I don't say that as if it's an unreasonable reaction, but that's not the point. Image counts more than rationale, and eye rolling exasperation isn't going to cut it.

You could refrain from doing it, eh?

Replies From View

Quote from: littlefoot on December 04, 2019, 07:11:59 PM
They're as I expected, child.

This is what eye-rolling exasperation denotes; correct.

Paul Calf

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 04, 2019, 07:51:02 PM
"Child".

Fuck me. What a bellshaft.

Somewhat unfair on bellshafts which can on occasion be rather impressive.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 04, 2019, 07:51:02 PM
Fuck me. What a bellshaft.

Half A Sixpence revival closes as 82-year-old Tommy Steele struggles to remember lyrics.

kalowski

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on December 04, 2019, 08:58:46 PM
Half A Sixpence revival closes as 82-year-old Tommy Steele struggles to remember lyrics.
Well, that is a cracker. Made me chuckle heartily.

greencalx

Laura K absolutely gushing her pants at having see the JLM submission to EHRC

Yertiz: https://www.scribd.com/document/438367082/Redacted-JLM-Closing-Submission-to-the-EHRC

(For balance, the JVL one is here: https://skwawkbox.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/30-July-19-JVL-Submission-to-EHRC.pdf)

I only took a quick skim read, but although I see various incidents (many of which have been reported before) catalogued, I didn't find any evidence in the submission to back up a key claim that incidents have increased since 2015. However, this could be because I gave up before the end.

Buelligan

A week before a General Election.  Says it all.

We are going to win.

Keep knocking those doors.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: greencalx on December 05, 2019, 09:13:38 AM
Laura K absolutely gushing her pants at having see the JLM submission to EHRC

Yertiz: https://www.scribd.com/document/438367082/Redacted-JLM-Closing-Submission-to-the-EHRC

(For balance, the JVL one is here: https://skwawkbox.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/30-July-19-JVL-Submission-to-EHRC.pdf)

I only took a quick skim read, but although I see various incidents (many of which have been reported before) catalogued, I didn't find any evidence in the submission to back up a key claim that incidents have increased since 2015. However, this could be because I gave up before the end.

Here's a summary of the truth.

There is no systemic anti-semitism in the Labour Party.

Now move on.

colacentral

I really can't understand how the anti-antisemitism angle gets any kind of mileage when Boris Johnson is being backed by Tommy fucking Robinson.

phantom_power

Just the fact that all of the noise is coming from the anti-Corbyn right of the party should be enough to set alarm bells ringing for people thinking about it for more than five minutes. If there were any truth to it you would think they would be joined by the moderate people from the left of the party

bgmnts

Quote from: colacentral on December 05, 2019, 11:11:06 AM
I really can't understand how the anti-antisemitism angle gets any kind of mileage when Boris Johnson is being backed by Tommy fucking Robinson.

Tommy Robinson only hate Muslims doesn't he?

Buelligan

I was a bit hmmm about that one, have to admit.  I like the premise but the execution, well, it's a bit excluding IMO.  Not one of my favourites but hopefully, it'll appeal to others.