Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on December 05, 2019, 12:36:25 PM
I was a bit hmmm about that one, have to admit.  I like the premise but the execution, well, it's a bit excludingsive IMO.  Not one of my favourites but hopefully, it'll appeal to others.

Come on. This isn't YouTube...

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 05, 2019, 01:32:39 PM
Quote from: Buelligan on December 05, 2019, 12:36:25 PM
I was a bit hmmm about that one, have to admit.  I like the premise but the execution, well, it's a bit excludingsiveionary IMO.  Not one of my favourites but hopefully, it'll appeal to others.
Come on. This isn't YouTube...

It's not a tabloid either...

Johnny Yesno

That said, I don't understand the criticism. It's a good video. Twice bitten, third time shy and all that.

Buelligan

IMO, and it is just mine and I'm quite sure many will feel quite differently, I think they could've popped someone with a cunt (vagina, not Johnson) in there.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on December 05, 2019, 03:30:18 PM
IMO, and it is just mine and I'm quite sure many will feel quite differently, I think they could've popped someone with a cunt (vagina, not Johnson) in there.

I see what you mean and I'm inclined to agree.

On the other hand, they were so eager to be inclusive that the makers of the GDPR training video they got us to watch at work overlooked a huge problem with it: that pretty much all the people chastising themselves for being so stupid to allow various data breeches were BAME people.

Konki

I'm not sure if this sewage has been posted yet but I think I'm completely done with the Guardian now. At least it's getting eviscerated in the comments but fuck me what a shambles.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/05/scrub-antisemitism-out-of-labour-corbyn-wont-even-clean-his-own-house

This comment is spot on.

QuoteSo here we have the most pivotal General Election since 1979, with so much riding on it, not least our membership of the European Union. And the Guardian is still coming out with this shit. How many articles is it now? Over a thousand I believe? And if the Tories and their lying, racist charlatan of a leader do happen to win, no doubt the Guardian liberals will offer us their sovereign excuse for everything - "It's all Jeremy's fault!" To which the obvious answer is, "what did you do to try and defeat the Tories?" Apart from spending two years trying to destroy the one man leading the one party who could.

Liberals - they really are pathetic aren't they?

colacentral

There's an unusually high amount of comments removed by moderator there.

greencalx

Marina Hyde epitomises everything I detest about the Guardian. Smug, middle-class, jolly-hockey-sticks stuff that centrists who don't get out much think is sticking it to the man. Ugh.

holyzombiejesus

She was included in Aaron Banks' leaked tweets, arranging to have dinner with him.

Buelligan

Watch this truly excellent piece (6 minutes) by George Monbiot on our Jez, why we must win this election, share it if you can. 

Fucking hell, lads keep knocking those fucking doors, we have to win this.

Paul Calf

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 06, 2019, 09:02:25 AM
She was included in Aaron Banks' leaked tweets, arranging to have dinner with him.

She also had an affair with Piers Morgan. I mean, what level of delusion would you need to shag Piers Morgan?

Harry Badger

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 06, 2019, 09:02:25 AM

Also Piers Morgan's bit on the side.

EDIT - beat me to it

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on December 06, 2019, 09:08:54 AM
Watch this truly excellent piece (6 minutes) by George Monbiot on our Jez, why we must win this election, share it if you can. 

Fucking hell, lads keep knocking those fucking doors, we have to win this.

good to see not jailed

NoSleep

Quote from: greencalx on December 06, 2019, 08:13:25 AM
Marina Hyde epitomises everything I detest about the Guardian. Smug, middle-class, jolly-hockey-sticks stuff that centrists who don't get out much think is sticking it to the man. Ugh.

I've only noticed her for the first time in the run up to this election and, as annoying as she is, its all just conflated fluff. I think even the most vehement centrist despiser of Corbyn would pass on reading her shite.

lipsink

Quote from: Harry Badger on December 06, 2019, 09:12:48 AM
Also Piers Morgan's bit on the side.

EDIT - beat me to it

What, you wanted to be Piers Morgan's bit on the side?

Buelligan

I thought that was Donald Trump.  I saw pictures on the internet.

lipsink

I dunno, maybe he's very different in real life. But imagine seeing and hearing Piers Morgan and thinking: Yes, I'll tap that.

imitationleather

Quote from: lipsink on December 06, 2019, 11:18:55 AM
I dunno, maybe he's very different in real life. But imagine seeing and hearing Piers Morgan and thinking: Yes, I'll tap that.

Imagine going for dinner with Arron Banks and not subsequently being featured on the news in a story about the most amount of vomit produced by one woman in a restaurant ever.

She clearly has a cold heart.

greencalx

Johnson has got the BBC to move tonight's debate from Southampton to Maidstone (presumably in the hope of getting a more favourable audience). Here's a pertinent tweet:

Quote from: https://twitter.com/CorbynASAP/status/1202947313586585600
Tonight's #LeadersDebate has been moved from Southampton to the Tory stronghold of Maidstone. Maidstone Studios, New Cut Rd, Vinters Park ME14 5NZ to be precise.

Was it because Corbyn supporters in their droves were expected in Southampton?

Any Corbyn supporters near Maidstone?

NoSleep

I bet they're rabid brexiteers in Maidstone, too.

imitationleather

Leo2112

Quote from: Buelligan on December 06, 2019, 09:08:54 AM

Yep second this, an excellent video that can hopefully go more viral than it is.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on December 06, 2019, 02:15:34 PM
What the? How can this be justified?

RIOTS NOW....NO? NOTHING?

OK, I WELCOME OUR NEW PISS-TAKING OVERLORD

kalowski

Helen Thompson (professor of political economy at Cambridge University) writes in this week's New Statesman:
"Corbyn's long history of association with anti-Semites..."

Long history.

jenna appleseed

Have we had this from Tory Fibs & iibdem on twitter?

Jeremy being lovely & amazing re anti-semitism, racism, bigotry against Irish people

"17 year old video comes to light that settles Jeremy Corbyn's record on antisemitism once and for all. You might want to sit down for this one."
https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1202003580942790657

Anyone have the full speach?

Replies From View

Quote from: jenna appleseed on December 06, 2019, 10:24:26 PM
Have we had this from Tory Fibs & iibdem on twitter?

Jeremy being lovely & amazing re anti-semitism, racism, bigotry against Irish people

"17 year old video comes to light that settles Jeremy Corbyn's record on antisemitism once and for all. You might want to sit down for this one."
https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1202003580942790657

Anyone have the full speach?

Thanks for this.  Shared.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteShe then liked a comment left underneath the video that said "Ein Reich

'I meant to do angry face'
'I thought it said 'Jews are good'
'Who cares this affects the Tories so won't be reported'